2nd February 2018, 07:43 PM
k.poojitha

Availability of specialization in M.Sc after B.Sc in Biotechnology and types of jobs once can expect after completing Masters in Biotechnology?

I'm studying B.Sc Biotechnology. After B.Sc Biotechnology I'm interested in M.Sc Biotechnology. I want to know which courses are available in M.Sc apart from Biotechnology and after M.Sc Biotechnology what type of jobs can I expect.

Related Questions:
  1. What are the jobs in Biotechnology after completing MSc Biotechnology -- [Most Discussed]
  2. What can I do between MSc Biotechnology and MBA after completing BSc with Biotechnology
  3. What is the procedure followed for getting admission for M.Sc Biotechnology?
  4. Types of jobs available after MSc Biotechnology? Could I get industrial jobs?
  5. Which course is preferred after completing B.Sc(biotechnology), either M.Sc(forensic) or M.Sc(microbiology) or M.Sc(biotechnology)?
  6. Am I eligible to do M.Sc Biotechnology after completion of B.Sc in Life Sciences?
  7. Procedure to study MSc Marine Biotechnology after completing BSc Biotechnology? What is the course fee and the job prospects?
  8. Which course is better between M.Sc in Bio-Analytical Sciences and M.Sc. in Biotechnology having completed B.Sc. in Biotechnology?
  9. How to get jobs in abroad in research field after completing MSc Biotechnology?
  10. Should I go for BSc Biotechnology or B.Tech Biotechnology?
  11. From which college to pursue M.Tech? Which branches are available in M.Tech and what is the fee structure?
  12. Can I get jobs after completing BSc(Biotechnology)? Scope of BSc(Biotechnology)? -- [New]
  13. Which one is better, MSc biotech or MSc microbiology from job point of view?
  14. What kind of jobs can I get except teaching after completing masters in Biotechnology?
  15. How can I get a job after completing B.Sc in Biotechnology? Which jobs can I get after B.Sc Biotechnology?
  16. Which course I can take for doing M.Sc course after B.Sc in Biotechnology? M.Sc in Clinical research or M.Sc in Biotechnology?
  17. How to do masters in medical biotechnology? I am a student of BSc Biotech
  18. Information about MSc Biotechnology? I have completed BSc Biotechnology
31st January 2019, 05:24 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Availability of specialization in M.Sc after B.Sc in Biotechnology and types of jobs once can expect after completing Masters in Biotechnology?

It is a good choice of opting for M.Sc in Biotechnology soon after the completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology.

If you are not interested in M.Sc Biotechnology, you can opt for any of the following :
M.Sc in Botany
M.Sc in Microbiology
M.Sc in Genetics
M.Sc in Biochemistry
M.Sc in Bioinformatics

You should have scored a minimum of 50% of marks in your current course B.Sc Biotechnology in order to be eligible to join this course.

Admission would be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

Each and every University will conduct its own Entrance Exam for the candidates in order to give admission.

After completion of M.Sc Biotechnology, you can get job opportunities in
-Biotech Companies
-Chemical Laboratories
-Food Processing Units
-Hospitals
-Diagnostic Centers etc.

You may need to work in Production department or QC in Laboratories initially.

Most of the jobs involves dealing with Chemicals and working in Lab environment. If you are not interested in it, better you opt for MBA course at Post Graduation level.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?