5th May 2011, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

Is B.Com 2nd year the right time to join coaching for IAS entrance exam if I didnt have Maths in my 9th to 12th class?

hii..i m in big confusion that i am doing b.com 2nd year and i wnna join ias institute coaching center but the problem is that i did'nt have maths in my 9th to 12th class... so can you give me any guidance.or is this the right time to go for ias preparation.....because i m in 2nd year...????plz guide me.........

6th May 2011, 07:56 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Is B.Com 2nd year the right time to join coaching for IAS entrance exam if I didnt have Maths in my 9th to 12th class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hii..i m in big confusion that i am doing b.com 2nd year and i wnna join ias institute coaching center but the problem is that i did'nt have maths in my 9th to 12th class... so can you give me any guidance.or is this the right time to go for ias preparation.....because i m in 2nd year...????plz guide me.........
Hii friend

Quote:
hii..i m in big confusion
Nothing here to worry don't get confused we are here to help you ..Relax your nerves go through this post

Quote:
i wnna join ias institute coaching center but the problem is that i did'nt have maths in my 9th to 12th class...
maths is not a compulsary subject in IAS you can opt other optionals if you are not confident in maths there are many optionals like the following
Mathematics
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
Indian History
Law
Mathematics
Management
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science
Psychology
Public

from these you can select your interested optional subject

Even all these disucssion should be done after your CSAT because you will not have any optional selection at the preliminary stage you should select your optional only in Mains stage

Quote:
is this the right time to go for ias preparation.....because i m in 2nd year...????
Yes it is the right time to start your preparation because you have only one last year in b.com if you want to attempt at the last year then you will have less time to prepare for CSAT if you start preparing from now it will be well and good

Regards

~AdityA~
6th May 2011, 07:58 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is B.Com 2nd year the right time to join coaching for IAS entrance exam if I didnt have Maths in my 9th to 12th class?

It is not necessary that you need to have studied Mathematics to join the IAS stream. Also you must certainly start preparations rightaway. In the Prelims you need to be prepared in the Aptitude section. For the Mains other than the compulsory subjects you need to select optional subjects. You can choose any of the subjects in the list which you are comfortable in.
6th May 2011, 09:15 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Is B.Com 2nd year the right time to join coaching for IAS entrance exam if I didnt have Maths in my 9th to 12th class?

Quote:
Yes offcourse you can go for IAS exam.
Minimum education criteria = Graduate

Code:
i did'nt have maths in my 9th to 12th class... so can you give me any guidance.
There is no compulsory of math subject in 12th class...........

Code:
is this the right time to go for ias preparation.....because i m in 2nd year...????
yes you can start your coaching or preparation from 2nd year onwards...
As even final year student can also apply for the exam.So, if you prepare well you can write exam next year and if you donot satisfy with your marks then you can apply again next year .....

Age limit for civil service exam is:

General category:
candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
6th May 2011, 10:52 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is B.Com 2nd year the right time to join coaching for IAS entrance exam if I didnt have Maths in my 9th to 12th class?

Quote:
Yes definitely you are eligible for UPSC Civil services examination. It is not compulsory that you have maths subject in your 12th or in graduation.

Minimum eligiblity criteria -

Graduate degree from a recognised university.

And your age should between 21 to 30 years.

Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for Civil services examination.

About the exams -

To become IAS, you need to appear for UPSC Civil services examination. And the examination are held in 2 stages - Preliminery exam and Main exam. And after clear both the exam, you are eligible for Interview. And if you clear the Interview, then you will become IAS officer.

The Preliminery exam are also called CSAT examination. The Preliminary Examination shall now comprise of two compulsory Papers of 200 marks each and of two hours duration each.

Paper I - 200 marks - Duration - 2 hours

Current events of national and international importance

History of India and Indian National Movement

Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.

Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.

Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.

General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization

General Science

Paper II - 200 marks-| Duration - 2 hours

Comprehension

Interpersonal skills including communication skills;

Logical reasoning and analytical ability

Decision making and problem solving

General mental ability

Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency)

English Language Comprehension skills.

So, please prepare for this exam according to the latest pattern and if you want to get complete information, then please visit the UPSC Official website.
6th May 2011, 11:13 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Yes. B.Com Second year is the right time to take coaching for IAS exam.

The minimum eligibility required to appear for IAS exam is graduation from a recognized institute.

One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for the exam.

The selection procedure will be by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Main examination
-Interview.

By the time you appear for IAS, make sure that you should be good enough in the current affairs and reasoning and aptitude aspects which are part of CSAT exam
29th July 2011, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO ASK THAT WHICH TYPE OF QUESTIONS THEY ASK IN THE INTERVIEW?
16th August 2011, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

which is the best institue for the preparations? i am in 2 nd year bcom
12th May 2012, 07:14 PM
stlawrence

Following graduates are eligible:

->Commerce graduates with Accountancy, Auditing and Mercantile Law or Commercial Law as full examination paper
->Non commerce graduates with mathematics as subject and less than 60% marks.
->Commerce graduates With subjects other than Mathematics and with less than 55% of the total marks.

3)The minimum duration of the course is 10 months.

4)A student may register at any time during the year.

5)Subjects in the course
Fundamentals of Accounting
Mathematics and Statistics
Economics
Business Communication and Organization and Management.

Read: Can I join CA course after completing my Graduation? 2012 http://educationcareer.in/can-i-join-ca-course-after-completing-my-graduation-26493.html#ixzz1uetvAeFT
12th May 2012, 07:24 PM
edr_fdr

Group – I
Accounting
Auditing
Business and Corporate Laws

Group – II
Cost Accounting and Financial Management
Income Tax and Central Sales Tax
Information Technology

4)No Age limit to pursue these course.

Read: Can I join CA course after completing my Graduation? 2012 http://educationcareer.in/can-i-join-ca-course-after-completing-my-graduation-26493.html#ixzz1ueuDzS6i
12th May 2012, 07:27 PM
rati23dec

Hai Friend....,

Course that you can do after 12th commerce for a better future are following:
BCA
CA
B Com.
B Sc. , etc..

In my opinion CA along with B Com. will be best as it has more scope these days.
But the final decision is in your own hands , choose what you feel best according to your interests.

.......GOOD LUCK.......

Read more: http://jobsrecruitments.com/what-can-i-do-after-12th-commerce-better-future-1691.html#ixzz1uexQlcaw
16th May 2012, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

will enter in 2nd year nw....
Doing political science hons...
Is it right time to join the IAS coaching??
31st May 2012, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

how can we easily become IAS???
31st May 2012, 06:59 PM
belidepriyanka

hi...
there nothing to get confused because you are trying in the right time where you need to start preparation for the exam...
and it is not so compulsory that you need to have maths as your main subject because there many options for it you can go for many subjects like:
  • physics
  • economics
  • geography
  • geology
  • physiology
  • electrical
  • electronics
  • computers
    you can opt for any subject so there is no need to get tensed...
so,
best wishes...
19th March 2013, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

i am B.B.I. second year so i intrested IAS i need guide what can i do?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?