21st March 2011, 02:48 PM
Supriya Rachapalli

Is B.Com necessary for CS after MBA? Duration of the course?

Hello,

I want to prepare for CS. I completed my MBA(finance) without BCom background.Is it true that b com back ground is necessary? In how many years we can complete this course? Can you suggest me the best institutions where I can do this course? Is it true that like CA and ICWA even this course is tough and not easily completed? Kindly suggest.

22nd March 2011, 03:22 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is B.Com necessary for CS after MBA? Duration of the course?

It is not necessary that you need to be from the B.Com background. You can apply for the CS course in the intermediate level. Some of the syllabus is similar to the B.Com but that doesnot mean that others cannot pursue it. Also it is a tough exam but with a systematic approach you can clear it. You must purchase the prospectus.
12th May 2011, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

no its not at all necessary to hv b.com as a background for cs, you can apply for the intermediate course. nothing is tough if you have the determination to clear it and everything is tough if u loose hope.... all d best 4 ur future
3rd July 2011, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

I am commerce graduate and i want to go for c s . so kindly inform me about time duration as well subject which i have to study ?
29th October 2011, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

Respected All,

i am graduate in b.com now i am purcuing mba 3 sem and i want to do cs plz advise me
16th October 2012, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

I have done b com I have the certificate and mark sheets are lost. I have done MBA finance thro TNOU and have my certificate and mark list Am I eligible to do CS
16th October 2012, 06:23 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Firstly B.Com is not the requirement to pursue Company Secretary course. Although B.Com students find it easy to cope with the course than students of other streams but that does not mean that it is very difficult for students of other streams to clear the Company Secretary course.

Secondly, it would not advice you to pursue Company Secretary since you have already done Master of Business Administration. There is no point in doing both courses as it would not help you with the career.

CS and MBA are two different courses, you won't be able to use one degree as leverage to get better job in other field. You can either do job related to Company Secretary or Master of Business Administration.

Therefore there is no sense in doing Company Secretary course. Only pursue it if you are not being able to get satisfactory job with your MBA degree. I would recommend that you work at least 2-3 years in management and see if you find the field interesting. Only if you are not happy with the way your career is shaping, you should go for the Company Secretary course.

There are three stages of the Company Secretary course. Since you have completed graduation you can skip the first stage and take direct admission in the second stage.

1) Foundation Course

1. English and Business Communication

2. Elements of Business Laws and Management

3. Economics and Statistics

4. Financial Accounting

2) Intermediate Course

1. General and Commercial Laws

2. Company Accounts

3. Cost and Management Accounting

4. Tax Laws

5. Company Law

6. Economic and Labour Laws

7. Securities Laws and Compliances

3) Final Course

1. Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency

2. Company Secretarial Practice

3. Drafting ,Appearances ,Pleading

4. Strategic Management , Alliances and International Trade

5. Advanced Tax Laws and Practice

6. Due Diligence and Corporate Compliance Management

7. Governance , Business Ethics and Sustainability

8. Financial , Treasury , Forex Management

Duration

The duration of the Company Secretary course is 2 years. However since you have completed graduation you can complete it in 18 months. But after that there is a need to go through 15 months of traning to become member of ICSI.
3rd March 2017, 10:32 AM
Unregistered

Hi iam doing my 12th std.. I want to do cs. Is it neccesary to take bcom cs or can I opt for bba. As bba is a lighter course. I would b able to spend more time in cs
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?