9th August 2010, 08:09 PM
megha_ag

Backlogs in 8th semester of btech, whether to wait for re-evaluation result or sit for placements?

hi,
My problem is that i got failed in 2 subjects in my 8th sem of my b-tech,though i have completed my 7 sems with 75% of aggregate(all cleared).
rite nw i m waiting for my re-evaluation result.
i m preparing for companies aptitude test....and companies are also coming so plz tell me should i go for it or i should wait for my re-evaluation result?
after that may be or may be nt i got the oppurtunity?

Related Questions:
9th August 2010, 11:08 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

Default Re: Backlogs in 8th semester of btech, whether to wait for re-evaluation result or sit for placements?

dear friend

i think u should wait for the result. bcoz many companies want complete result of your b.tech.

so u will not be able to sit in the interview.

all the best.
9th August 2010, 11:36 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Backlogs in 8th semester of btech, whether to wait for re-evaluation result or sit for placements?

No problem you can wait for the re-evaluation result if you feel that its worth waiting for. Mostly the results of re-evaluation goes against the students. So hard to say.

Anyways you can apply for the company and wait till you get the result if its ok with you.
You can even try applying offline for the jobs outside campus also to increase your chances of getting hired
11th August 2010, 02:55 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

Hi friend,

It is good that you got a good percentage till now and also preparing for the entrance tests of companies.
My personal suggestion to you is that you do take this back result as un-declared means whenever you go for company placement camp never reveal your result of 8th sem. and treat it as undeclared. It has two benefits:
1. Since all company recruit almost 3 to 9 months before when the actual vaccancy arise.
2. Till the date of joining of company you will get a time of 6 odd months into which you can easily complete the 8th sem.

This is my personal experience of job fair companies.
13th August 2010, 12:36 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

According to me, just wait for your re-evaluation result because if you have to sit for placements then you have to show your complete results.

And you have got a backlog in your 8th sem, then please wait for your results, because if you dont show your complete results, then you will not selected for placements. So, its better if you can wait for your result.

After clear your backlogs, you are eligible for sit in any company placements. But, if you are interested to sit in placement, then dont worry, you can attend because company select students 5 to 6 months before the semester. So, i think you can join, but if you are clear your backlog, then you get job, otherwise you will not get job.

So, clear backlogs is mandatory for everyone to sit in any placements............
13th August 2010, 01:00 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Backlogs in 8th semester of btech, whether to wait for re-evaluation result or sit for placements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by megha_ag View Post
hi,
My problem is that i got failed in 2 subjects in my 8th sem of my b-tech,though i have completed my 7 sems with 75% of aggregate(all cleared).
i m preparing for companies aptitude test....and companies are also coming so plz tell me should i go for it or i should wait for my re-evaluation result?
i think you must wait for the re evaluation result because without passing in all the subjects, you will not be allowed to sit in the interviews. there are some companies which will allow you to give interview but for joining the job they will ask you to complete your btech first so you must wait for the results.
all the best
13th August 2010, 01:46 AM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
you have to wait for clear your back log paper, otherwise you can't sit in any company placement interview.
so it is better for you to prepare for aptitude test & interview questions, but you can apply for job after clear of your 8th sem results.

good luck.
13th August 2010, 02:04 AM
adityabhushan

Quote:
hi,

dear ,
i think you should sit in placement.
since some of the company looks for all clear result but they will sure choose you , and sure they will give you little time for your backlogs. just don't worry, if you will get job then after you can easily clear the all backs.

i wish you all the best .

withy best wishes.
aditya.
13th August 2010, 02:34 AM
Rupaksinha

Hello friend,

This is normal problem with every students "THE BACKLOGS". But get backlog in 8th semister is quite dangerous for you. But you must wait for your re-evaluation result. I wish you will get cleared in re evaluation.
So first you wait for your result then apply for jobs. ok.

Good luck!!!!
13th August 2010, 02:57 AM
Rickers

Hello friend,

The Backlogs in 8th semester matters a lot, since you are waiting for your re evaluation result.
So i suggest you must wait for result then apply for jobs. OK. i wish you will get cleared.

Good luck!!!!
13th August 2010, 01:06 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

yes definately you must try for getting a job.

as you know it is to much difficult to get a job.

you can easily clear Backlogs in 8th semester of btech. but you can get job easily. so you must try for it.

all the best...........
13th August 2010, 02:08 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

If you have the confidence that you will be cleared after the re-evaluation results, then there is no harm in going for the placements.
But if there is an element of doubt, then dont risk.
You have a healthy percentage over all.
So i suggest you should give it a try. Atleast you will gain some experience out of it.

Good Luck!
13th August 2010, 05:04 PM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Backlogs in 8th semester of btech, whether to wait for re-evaluation result or sit for placements?

dear friend

as u have backlogs in 8th sem. so u will not be eligible for any company right now.

so wait for the result.

after that u can apply for any company.

all the best.
13th August 2010, 05:30 PM
drdo99
Banned

hi,
dont worry.
sit for jobs.
result will be given afterwards too.
18th August 2010, 12:19 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

as u have backlogs in 8th semester , according to me u should wait for

re-evaluation result..

there are many companies those are want complete result of ur btech.

first wait for ur result , after that u can sit in interview for any company..

all the best.
22nd August 2010, 07:56 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello Friend
The important question here arises is that ,do you have confidence that you will get all your papers cleared after the re-evaluation ? if yes then it's fine.

No problem you can sit for the placements because ,when you will face the interview board they will ask you the reason behind the backlogs and tell you to clear all th backlogs before joining the companies.

But if the answer is No ,then better to clear all the backlogs first ,then sit for the campus placements..

Best Wishes to your future....

~Regards
Subhasish
22nd August 2010, 11:40 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
I am very sorry to say that you cannot sit for the placements until and unless you clear all the papers.its because all the companies want full result of your b.tech.so you have no other option than to wait for the revaluation and prepare for aptitute test.
Wish You All The Best!
23rd August 2010, 01:02 AM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

at first clear your backlogs. after that you can sit for campus placements.

any student having backlogs in any paper of 8th semester paper is not eligible for campus placements.

so for placements clear your backlog papers.

all the best.
23rd August 2010, 01:22 AM
Unregistered

Dear Friend,
I have also got a backlog in 8th sem and as of my case i have also filled re-evaluation form but i am not sure about this result whether i will be cleared or not but as of now i will give all da placement papers and interview and if documents gets checked in interview then tjats the worst case atleast give it a shot in placement papers. you will get to know where you stand.and yes is there any recruitment after october or so..??? as if by chance i get through re-valuation it will be announce in october...so will companies will be hiring at that time too..??
23rd August 2010, 01:23 AM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Dear friend !!

I am really sorry for your result..
but since its its your 8th sem and you hope to clear it ,then there is no problem in sitting for campus...that is coming to your college...who knows you may clear all levels and may be called for placement...but one thing is that you need to clear all your back logs before the joining date..

and sitting in on campus interviews will surely help you build your confidence and will make you smarter...
It will help you gain loads of experience...

so there is no harm in sitting for inter views ...but please try focussing on clearing your back logs
23rd August 2010, 12:21 PM
Raj333

DEAR FRIEND
you can apply for public sector job but your backlog must clear before the interview .otherwise you can failed to get the job due to your Backlogs ..................no company will provide you job with Backlogs .so you must wait for your backlog result .........

best of luck for your result......................
23rd August 2010, 12:38 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

you cannot sit for the placements until and unless you clear all the papers.its because all the companies want full result of your b.tech.when you will face the interview board they will ask you the reason behind the backlogs and tell you to clear all th backlogs before joining the companies.but there are some companies which will allow you to give interview but for joining the job they will ask you to complete your btech ,so just do that.
16th January 2011, 03:08 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Since most of the good companies dont allow backlog...so please wait.
27th February 2011, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

which sem marks is imp. for good placement?????????????
10th March 2011, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

i have 64.18% upto 6th sem n waiting for 7th sem result ,m i eligible for ntpc exam 2011 ?
14th March 2011, 06:57 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Backlogs in 8th semester of btech, whether to wait for re-evaluation result or sit for placements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
which sem marks is imp. for good placement?????????????
hello friend...

There is no seperate semester mark is better for placements.. most of the companies which comes for placements have their eligibility criteria as 60 % as the placements starts from 7th sem, you must have 60 % aggregate till 7th sem which means all the semester marks is evenly important... so work hard and prepare well for your placements...

hope the info. helps...All the Best..
16th August 2011, 06:45 PM
sgsharadgupta

Quote:
hi,
Dear megha,
hi don't sit idle waiting for your results prepare well and appear for companies test because companies requires the documents at the time of joining so you will have ample of time after this . and you can write that your results are awaited
if they ask you your marksheet at the time of interview....
regards,
sharad
18th August 2011, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

i passed all subject expect on subject of 1year i applied for the exception on 1subject and i had 59.4% overall it will be increasing to how much percentage
20th July 2013, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

hi frens ..

iv back log of one subject in 8th sem.. please suggest me what to do. . please
15th September 2013, 08:59 PM
EFDRTG

Dear user

It is good that you got a good percentage till now and also preparing for the entrance tests of companies.

My personal suggestion to you is that you do take this back result as un-declared means whenever you go for company placement camp never reveal your result of 8th sem. and treat it as undeclared. It has two benefits:

1. Since all company recruit almost 3 to 9 months before when the actual vaccancy arise.
2. Till the date of joining of company you will get a time of 6 odd months into which you can easily complete the 8th sem.

Good luck
27th June 2019, 09:49 AM
Unregistered

One backlog in 8th semester, what should I do?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?