1st August 2010, 07:38 PM
lakshmiganapathi

Chances of getting a Government Job after passing btech ece with 70% and no backlogs?

i am doing my btech final year from ece and i have overall % 70 with no back logs.do i have chances of getting govt job as soon as i finish my btech and pls tell what step i have to proceed with after my studies.

Related Questions:
  1. Can i study MS in US after clearing my backlogs? Will the cleared backlogs affect admission chances?
  2. What are the various jobs which we can get being a back bencher and having 9 backlogs in B.Tech?
  3. How to get a government and central government job after passing B.Tech ECE?
  4. Do I have any chance to get a government job after passing B.Tech final year CSE with 70%?
  5. Am I eligible to get job in Cognizant, Infosys and Capgemini if having 5 backlogs in B.Tech(ECE)?
  6. Government jobs available for B.Tech ECE candidate? Chances to secure a job in Railway?
  7. Will the 2 years of backlog affect my chances for getting a good job?
  8. Am I eligible to get government jobs after completing ECE by clearing 7 backlogs? -- [New]
  9. How can I get into government jobs after completion of B.Tech (ECE)?
  10. Is there any chance for me to get job in private companies via campus placement if I have 4 backlogs?
  11. Job opportunities for me after scoring 52% in B.Tech ECE upto 3-2 with backlogs?
  12. What should I do after completion of my B.Tech with 3 backlogs?
  13. Am I eligible to get the government job if I have scored 6 GPA in Electronics from NIT?
  14. Will I get a government sector job after scoring 60% in B.Tech?
  15. Is there any difficulty to study MS in US through GRE and TOEFL if had 4 backlogs in B.Tech?
  16. Should I go for a job or higher studies after having few backlogs in 6th semester? Will the backlogs affect me for higher studies?
  17. Which is a better choice for me between Masters degree and Job pursuing final year of ECE in BE having an aggregate of 80% with no backlogs?
  18. Am I eligible to get a job after passing B.Tech ECE?
1st August 2010, 09:15 PM
ravi6

Default Re: Chances of getting a Government Job after passing btech ece with 70% and no backlogs?

dear here i understand you that in goverment jobs it does matter thet how many marks obtained and no backlog if in post the qualification is pass marks. this is in private companies.

REGARDS
ravi6
1st August 2010, 10:28 PM
rajanivedha

Default Re: Chances of getting a Government Job after passing btech ece with 70% and no backlogs?

Hi you have got a nice percentile.. There are chances of getting govt jobs .. You have to write tnpsc exams conducted by tamilnadu govt for govt jobs and have to register in employment exchange after completion of your course
1st August 2010, 11:01 PM
happy to help

Dear first of all u have to clear all your backlogs
with hold of degree in your hand would fetch you a good job rather with a backlog

Start preparing now

Best of luck
1st August 2010, 11:16 PM
prathamesh22

yes you have better chance ......just you have to see the website such as nausena ,indian ordanace factory,bel.bhel.beml also you can search npcil .for navy job there is ad given on time of india
1st August 2010, 11:19 PM
shibinseb

Offcource you can take jobs in electrical or communication sector
1st August 2010, 11:42 PM
siddanath

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakshmiganapathi View Post
i am doing my btech final year from ece and i have overall % 70 with no back logs.do i have chances of getting govt job as soon as i finish my btech and pls tell what step i have to proceed with after my studies.
after your degree apply for government job means you have to give written test ,depending upon your written test marks if you are eligible then you will get job other wise it is not possible
2nd August 2010, 12:33 AM
Rickers

Hello professionals,

After passing b.tech you may apply for several govt. jobs like IES,Indian navy,Air force,other civil services,etc..

The chance of gettin job will be depends on you, that how much you prepare for it. If you prepared well then you will definitely get the good government job.

wishing you good luck.
2nd August 2010, 01:46 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello,

There are several job profiles for ECE engineers in Govt sector and as well as in private sector.

To get good Govt jobs you have to appear for IES exam or Indian Engineering Services exam which is conducted by the UPSC every year.

Your percentile of B.Tech is also good. You can definitely apply for IES.

There is also Telecommunication services like BSNL, MTNL etc.you can join.

The BSNL recruits fresh electronics graduates each year for the post of junior telecom officer through the test of BSNL,JTO exam.

So prepare for these exams and get selected for a good job!

Best of luck..
2nd August 2010, 03:50 AM
Sathishkannan

Miss.lakshmi,
70% is enough for qualification of goverment jobs but you have to prepare well and you should known about current affairs,indian history and overall knowledge in all fields.
2nd August 2010, 08:23 AM
pavan24

Smile Re: Chances of getting a Government Job after passing btech ece with 70% and no backlogs?

HI FRIEND,
There are government jobs.Those are BHEL,BDL,DRDO.If u write exams those are conducted by these companies if u pass then u will be called for interview if u are selected then u can get a government job.
Now a days for E.C.E students these are good jobs because these are paying good amount of salaries.
Try for it.
2nd August 2010, 09:47 AM
vikas2808

Thumbs up Re: Chances of getting a Government Job after passing btech ece with 70% and no backlogs?

for any goverment job you have noticed that ther is only neecesity of 60% with no backlogs. and also in psu exam ,so you give the psu exam after qualifying this you can join company acccording to you, for which you haVE GIVEN THE EXAM...........
2nd August 2010, 11:48 AM
gaurav jindal

Quote:
you have a very good marks but according to me every public sector takes the test. which you should have to clear . marks are the only eligibilty. you should have the knowledge of your technical subjects
2nd August 2010, 12:09 PM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Chances of getting a Government Job after passing btech ece with 70% and no backlogs?

dear friend

as u are looking for govt. jobs u will get good companies after your b.tech.

u can join in sectors like

1.bsnl

2.BEL

3.SAIL

4.DEFENCE

5.RAILWAY

and many more .

u plz keep on checking employment news and freshersworld.com .

u will get all the detail there.

best of luck.
2nd August 2010, 02:10 PM
sampat

Quote:
hi
yes u get a goverment jobs in airport authority of India, BSNL JTO/JAO,AEN/JEN,ISRO etc...
2nd August 2010, 04:04 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You can surely get a job in government sector. For that you can appear for exams like Civil services,railways,IES,Bank PO, etc…You can find opportunities in Bharat heavy electrical limited or NTPC.Defense also can offer you lucrative opportunities where you can work in Army ,Merchant navy or Air force for which you need to be physically fit with good eyesight.
2nd August 2010, 09:47 PM
gowrishankar.pl

hi friend first you learn your subject basics clearly... and you register in fresherworld.com now itself . check your mail and apply for govt job.
most of questions asked in written exam are simple basics and aptitude. from now itself prepare for aptitude.
all the best
6th August 2010, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

hi sir...now i am in final year ece.i have 73% AGGRegate with no backlogs.....i want do job in govt sector...pls tell me a bout govt jobs
13th August 2010, 02:13 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

You have a healthy percentage and also no backlogs.
Thats a benefit and you may get a government job.
But then for Govt.. jobs you have to sit for competitive exams where you have to score.
So prepare for them and have clear concepts.
Thats the key to get a Govt. job.

Good Luck!
14th August 2010, 01:20 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

Yes, you can apply for government jobs with no backlogs & a score of 70%.

You can either apply to PSUs like BSNL, BHEL, NTPC or you can sit for civil services exam.

For joining government companies you have to appear for the entrance exam/interview taken by those companies.

Keep checking employment newspaper or jobsites for latest job updates.
17th August 2010, 03:40 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

as u have passed ur btech with 70% marks , so u can apply almost for every

govt. jobs. for that u have to crack some exams like,

1. BSBL

2. BEL

3. NTPC

4. UPSC

etc...

all the best.
18th August 2010, 03:48 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Yes you may get but for this you wil have to apply it online or offline from various website..

You can apply for the government jobs like NTPC,BEL,UPSC etc...........

you can also visit the website http://www.freshersworld.com

All the best...
21st August 2010, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

i am a third year ece student.when will the ies exams will be held?what types of questions will be asked there?
22nd August 2010, 02:58 PM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

you have great chance in government jobs.

as you have scored well it indicates that you are good in your subjects.also you are doing m.tech.

you can join any govt. engineering college as a leturer.

you can also join DRDO, BEL etc by passing their exam.

best of luck.
23rd August 2010, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

i am doing my b.tech 3rd year in ece trade. i have to do govt. job prior in Chandigarh. so please tell which test i have to prepare for it and what is the syllabus for it, so that i can attain good scores and can get good job.
1st September 2010, 12:53 AM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

dear friend ,
you have passed B.Tech with good percentage.
there is many opportunity for you.
you can go to govt. jobs.lecturar for that u have to crack some exams like,

1. BSBL

2. BEL

3. NTPC

4. UPSC
best of luck
15th September 2010, 11:28 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

It is good that you have secured such a good percentage . Government jobs are much different private one. Their selection procedure is not entirely based upon the small scale interviews as in case of private companies. As you are in final year of your BTech , have a look on advertisements that publishes in newspaper of PSUs. Till the time you will be in final semester, you will be reading notifications of BHEL , BSNL JTO , Jindal steel etc. Apply them because this would take much time , into which you will easily clear you 8th semester.
17th September 2010, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

respected sir/madam

i am doing b.tech ece. i am in third year. which tests i can give so that i can get a goverment job...
plz tell me......
14th October 2010, 04:47 PM
mseetharamster

you are eligible for appearing job entrance tests conducted by various Government Organisations for that you must clear the written exam.
25th October 2010, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

chances of getting government jobs after passing btech cse with 70% and no backlogs?
31st October 2010, 12:21 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

yes, you can get a Government Job after passing btech ece with 70% and no backlogs.

you can apply in the given below govt sectors

1.airport authority of india.

2.railway.

3.JTO.

4.bANK p.o.

5.IES.

6.Indian army.

7.DRDO.

8.isro.

9.BHEL.

all the best...........
31st October 2010, 10:49 PM
koli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
chances of getting government jobs after passing btech cse with 70% and no backlogs?
yes you can join govt. sectors by giving DRDO, JTA etc.

you can also get jobs in ies.
31st October 2010, 11:58 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Chances of getting a Government Job after passing btech ece with 70% and no backlogs?

Quote:
Dear friend,

For getting government jobs you need to filled the form and appear for an All India basis written test,if you are shortlisted then you will be called for n interview.

so keep watching in daily news paper for advertishment details.

Good luck.
5th November 2010, 07:59 PM
Gaurav.jain88

You have sufficient marks to apply in all public sector exams.
But important is that you have to crack the paper for gettting selection in the job.
Exams like
jto
bel
isro
railway
ies require not too high percentage for the exam.
6th November 2010, 12:41 PM
Sachin Narayan

Hi,
The world is full of opportunities for you, as u have done good in btech there's a lot fo opportunity for u in government sector, following are a few:

1. Armed forces- if u want to serve ur country, then this is the path for u. U can join any of the 3 armed forces of india i.e Airforce, Army and Navy. U can go any of them through SSC or CDS.

2. Banking Sector- U can go in any of the government banks in india as a probationary officer.

3. Civil Services- U can be an IAS or IPS through civil services, examination is conducted by upsc.

4. RRB- Railway recruitment board through this u can go in and serve indian railway at different posts.

5. Teaching Line- U can be a PGT in Kendriya vidyalaya sangathan, or can be a teacher in other government schools.

thank you
6th November 2010, 03:40 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Quote:
your question is legal but i want to make clear that for getting a government job you need knowledge and your marks only makes you elligible to appear in certain exams . if you have knowledge then surely you will get any government job but on the basis of only marks you cant get any government jobs.
6th November 2010, 04:15 PM
chandana Reddy

hi friend..
first of all i congradulate you for getting a nice score in your btech,... you can apply for various jobs in the government sector..if u have to get into any government sector then you wil have to take up the competitive exams conducted by the respective organisations.. if u get through the competitive exam you will be called for an interview and if you meet their requirements you will be given a job...various exams that u can take up are
1.bank exams
2.IRSO
3.railways
4software competancy exam
5.LTC
10th November 2010, 08:57 PM
malini k

Dear friend ,
You have a better career ahead since you have scored 70% marks with no backlogs
You can shine in the campus recruitment and get placed in good MNC's like INFOSYS, TCS etc
You can get jobs in the government sector also
I think you are interested in that.
It gives more security to life
You can try for the PSUs and try the companies like BSNL, AKASHAVANI ,DOORDARSHAN etc
You can also try for medias also
and try for exams like IAS,IES
good luck
3rd December 2010, 08:45 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Hey you can get selected in the BSNL exam which recruits engineers as junior telecom officer's.You can even attend the exams of BEL which comprises of 2 stages first being the objective test and the second being the personal interview.

You can even attend for the UPSC exams which recruits railway officers,forest department officers.There are even exams like IES/IAS which you would like to go through.

all the best
22nd December 2010, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

sir in btech i got53% can i eligible for jto exam plz reply me sir
23rd December 2010, 09:02 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

70% marks without any backlog is very good marks and also you will be eligible for each type of jobs according to the marks criterion.

yea you are eligible for government job. but getting government job is very hard. but you have to try for it if you are interested in government job. there are so many government sector which recruit electronics and communication engineer like
BHEL
DRDO
BSNL JTO
ISRO etc.

for BHEL. BSNL JTO etc you have to first appear in the examination then after interview and other process you will be selected for job. actually now you have to go through regularly leading newspaper and also job website to get the job notification. whenever there will be notification the details of application also will be given. apply for the job after fulfilling all the criterion and in exact procedure.

i will suggest you beside the government job try for job in public sector also. because the competition for government job is very high. so you may not get job in government sector. so beside the government sector you should also try for private sector. if you are unable to get job ib government sector then join in public sector and from there try to get job in government sector. surely one day you will get job in government field.

best wishes.
23rd December 2010, 09:18 PM
n1a2z3a4r5

It doesnot matter you percent or back logs.The thing matter that your qualification ie you should satisfy it's eligibility percentage.

There are several job profiles for ECE engineers in Govt sector and as well as in private sector.

To get good Govt jobs you have to appear for IES exam or Indian Engineering Services exam which is conducted by the UPSC every year.

Your percentile of B.Tech is also good. You can definitely apply for IES.

There is also Telecommunication services like BSNL, MTNL etc.you can join.

The BSNL recruits fresh electronics graduates each year for the post of junior telecom officer through the test of BSNL,JTO exam.

So prepare for these exams and get selected for a good job!
23rd December 2010, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
ya dude chances are 200%.. all government companies will come to your home and will request you to accept their offer... go to hell
23rd December 2010, 10:13 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
i am a third year ece student.when will the ies exams will be held?what types of questions will be asked there?
hi
the ies exam will be held in the month of may,
the notification will be out on December 25th,
you can get the idea about the kind of questions asked from the previous years question papers which is available at www.upsc.gov.in
all the best
23rd December 2010, 11:22 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

hello friend ........
ya of course you have the chance of getting the government job after doing your b tech degree......
in the government sector you have the 60% criteria throughout your career and you have the face the entrance exam to get into that.....
so best of luck
23rd December 2010, 11:22 PM
bikenindia

Quote:
Hi,
You can go for higher studies like MTech or MBA
or if you want to work then you can write exams such as
1. IES
2. PSU
3. Railways, etc

All the best.
23rd December 2010, 11:26 PM
bikenindia

Quote:
Hi,
It used to conduct in the month of june and the form is available from February month.

All the best.
23rd December 2010, 11:28 PM
bikenindia

Quote:
i am doing my b.tech 3rd year in ece trade. i have to do govt. job prior in Chandigarh. so please tell which test i have to prepare for it and what is the syllabus for it, so that i can attain good scores and can get good job.
Hi,
Study well and try to score more since you have only one year left.
Try to get more score and if you are interested to work in the Government sector then you can write exam such as
1. IES
2. PSU
3. Railways.

All the best.
23rd December 2010, 11:30 PM
bikenindia

Quote:
respected sir/madam

i am doing b.tech ece. i am in third year. which tests i can give so that i can get a goverment job...
plz tell me......
hi,
after your degree, you can write exams taken by government
now study well and score well .
Exams such as
PSU, IES, Railways, etc

all the best.
23rd December 2010, 11:35 PM
bikenindia

Quote:
sir in btech i got53% can i eligible for jto exam plz reply me sir
Hi,
I think you are eligible for writing JTO exam. They didn't mention anything about the eligibilty criteria about the marks, only they mention about the age.

All the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?