13th February 2011, 04:54 AM
Unregistered

Is becoming an IES officer(Civil Engineering) better than doing a private job?

Is becoming an ies officer in civil engineering better than doing private job?

Please reply

thanks

Related Questions:
  1. Is becoming an IES officer(Civil Engineering) better than doing a private job?
  2. Entrance exam pattern and syllabus of M.A English in JNU
  3. Can I appear for IES Exam having completed Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering from Private College?
  4. How can I prepare for IES exam along with job? Study materials and tips for the preparation?
  5. Which is a better option after Engineering : Job, M.Tech or MBA? How to prepare for IES exam? Syllabus and model question papers for IES exam?
  6. Which all branches are there in engineering? Who can write IES exam? Is IES equivalent to IAS/IPS?
  7. Is UPSC exam enough for getting a government job in Mechanical and Civil Engineering field?
  8. What is the job of an IES Officer?
  9. Am I eligible for IES exam while working with MES as Jr Engineer?
  10. How much percentage is required for IES entrance exam? What are the requirements for Railway Engineering? What is the pay scale of IES and Railway Engineering and what type of questions are asked in IES and Railway Engineering exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Syllabus of Civil Engineering for IES Exam?
  12. Should I prepare for IES or should I do job?
  13. Am I eligible for IES if pursuing B.Tech(ECE)? What kind of job will I get if qualify in IES exam?
  14. What can I do with private job having 3 years of diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  15. Can I get a job in Private Polytechnic in Mechanical Engineering?
  16. Date of sale of application form of IAS? Date of Pre Exam and syllabus of IAS?
  17. What is the procedure followed to get job under IES? -- [New]
  18. Can engineers from Instrumentation and Contol Engineering apply from any discipline in IES Indian Engineering Servces?
14th February 2011, 10:16 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is becoming an IES officer(Civil Engineering) better than doing a private job?

hi..
it is an personal choice to make that whether to do private job or become an ies officer,
in terms of the job security government job is better,
also you have many perks like government house and car is also provided ,
these days the salary of government job is also on par with the private jobs,
also you will be am gazetted officer enjoying many other perks,
the only drawback is that the promotions are very slow in the government sector as compared to the private sector,
3rd March 2011, 08:58 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is becoming an IES officer(Civil Engineering) better than doing a private job?

Hello,

A central Govt job is definitely much lucrative and comfortable than any kind of private job.

Job as an IES officer is prestigious and as well as prosperous one. Job security is guarantied in such jobs.

On the other hand, private organizations do not provide job security and also comfort.

These days,Govt salary schemes are made in such way that the pay scale is as much as the private farms offer.

So rest of the decision is yours. Best wishes..
5th March 2011, 08:28 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Is becoming an IES officer(Civil Engineering) better than doing a private job?

As Indian you should not get this doubt..

because our india is a developing country it needs some young minds like you..

so it will be a great idea if you get into civil services..

ohk personally if your possesive about your career also there are many benefits in your choice.

advantages if you chose civil services

->first of all you can do some service to your mother land other than persons who opt for private jobs and satisfy with those jobs

->your status among the society will be amazing which you can't expect now

->your financial position will be good

->recognisation among a group will be amazing..if you experience it you gonna love it.

->your family will be secured ..

->after retirement also you'll live happy without any tensions.

and many more if i list on like this some pages are required.

so my friend one final word

go with civils its gonna be good..

what's there in private job except money nothing..

as indian you have to do something to your country..JAI HIND
26th March 2011, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

what are the jobs related to civil engg we wil get in ies
3rd May 2011, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

How much of money will be paid and years are required
29th July 2011, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

hi
i m a student of third year electricel,manit bhopal.i want to do job in my home state that is rajasthan. so i m preparing for gate and ies right now can i get a job in rajasthan after es or any govt sector
23rd August 2011, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

i am doing govt job as asst executive engineer in irrigation dept in andhra pradesh.now i want to prepare for ies. is it better or not?
23rd August 2011, 08:01 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am doing govt job as asst executive engineer in irrigation dept in andhra pradesh.now i want to prepare for ies. is it better or not?
the jobs which you would be getting after clearing the indian engineering services exaination is surely better than the job what you are doing right now and even your pay and the powers will be lot more than what you have right now ,but clearing the ies examination is an very tough task and you have to really work hard to do well in these examinations also you need lot of time to do well in these examinations ,
you should follow the materials of the cosching institutes like the ace academy and the made easy institutes these will surely help you in very good manner and you will get good idea about the type of questions asked in these examinations ,
also you can download the previous years question papers from the website www.upsc.gov.in and try to solve them and also these question papers will help in guiding on which topics to concentrate on
23rd August 2011, 09:30 PM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

In my point of view IES is far better than better than doing a private job.
IES officer is a prestigious job.A central Govt job is definitely much lucrative and comfortable than any kind of private job.As an IES officer your financial position will be good
30th August 2011, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

will I be able to make it through IES if I take postal courses only ,bcz i am working ? any online course avaialble to Civil engg? which institute is the best fOR postal/online course?
31st August 2011, 03:39 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, my friend govt. jobs are always better than private jobs..

IES exam is a civil service exam, it is conducted by UPSC every year..

After clearing the exam you will get a chance to do administrative jobs under the central govt..
We all know that govt. jobs are more secure , more comfortable than the private jobs....

Beside this , you will also get facilities in govt. job like- hospital facility, quarter, Travel facilities etc..
So, definitely govt. jobs are more beneficial than private job..
Go for the IES exam..
All the best..
7th September 2011, 08:03 PM
arvind shankarrao mangle

sir,
i am a student civil enng.final year.....
my que. is,i am joinig or not of ies exam
1st December 2011, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I did my civil engineering as a part time course.
Am i eligible to apply for IES examination??
1st December 2011, 05:24 PM
sahaja mallarapu

hi friend,
doing a private job or becoming an ies officer, which one is better? for this question the answer is "it is depends on your interest".
if we compare a privete job and an ies officer then certainly we can tell that ies officer is much better but to become an ies officer we need to work very hard.
if you can think you can work hard then go for ies.

All the best
1st December 2011, 05:25 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Is becoming an IES officer(Civil Engineering) better than doing a private job?

Quote:

Please reply

thanks

IES or Private Jobs

IES or Indian Engineering Service is one of the most elite government jobs which can be available to an Indian citizen..

There is no comparison between a private job and the Engineering Service job..

The engineering services is definitely better without a doubt as it provides you with a really good salary,secured future,regular promotions and perhaps a dream job you can ever imagine..

Although to enjoy all these pleasures..the students must clear the Indian Engineering Service Exam conducted by the UPSC every year..

It is considered to be a really difficult exam and a very few candidates get selected finally..which makes it all the more difficult to get in there..

It requires sheer hard work and dedication to get in there..and that is the reason why it is such a desirable job by all the engineers..

If you really think that you have it in you to compete and make it to the top level..then you should definitely try for appearing for the Indian Engineering Service..

In order to appear for the Indian Engineering Services..a candidate must be a B.Tech degree holder in any of the following streams

Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Electronics and Electrical Engineering
Electrical Engineering

You should be within the age limit of 21-30 years for general category,age relaxation of 3 years for OBC candidates and age relaxation of 5 years for the SC/ST candidates..

The maximum number of attempts permitted for the general candidates is 4,for OBC it is 7 and for SC/ST there is n limit..

The Indian Engineering Services shall take place 15th June,2012 and the forms for the exam shall be available from 25th February,2012 and the last date for the form submission is 26th March,2012..

For further information,you can Click Here

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
1st December 2011, 05:47 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

According to me becoming IES officer is better,because once you get job in IES you will have lot benefits provided by government and you will also have job guarantee.Were as jobs in Private companies,you may have better facilities than government,but you will have that facilities till you work in that company.You may loss your job,because company in loss, recession etc.So you will not have job guarantee in any private companies.Their will be always ups and downs.

As you have completed civil Engineering and if your age is between 21 to 30 year,then you can appear for Indian Engineering Service exam this year.

Important dates for IES-2012 Exam:
Issue of application form from 25th Feb 2012 to 24th March 2012.
Exam will held on 15th June 2012.

Here is the link,you can fill the application form online.The application form will available in this link only between the date as mentioned above.

http://upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php
1st December 2011, 06:15 PM
brijesh2970

Smile Re: Is becoming an IES officer(Civil Engineering) better than doing a private job?

Quote:

Please reply

thanks
Hi Friend ,

Pay scale offer to IES officer For Different posts

=> junior Officers Rs. 8000-275-13500
=> Senior Officers Rs. 10650-325-15200
=> Junior Administrative Grade Rs. 12,750-375-16,500
=> Selection Grade Rs. 15,100-400-18,300
=> Additional Secretary Rs. 22400-525-24500...

Its you have to Decide what do you want for your self Govt job over Private , Power and Prestige over money , as a govt Employee you know there are lots of comforts come along with Responsibilities.
In Private Sector you Earn more money but comparatively Government Job is much better .

Good Luck!!

"Don’t hesitate to drop a comment if you have any question or would like to share some more information"
1st December 2011, 06:19 PM
brijesh2970

Quote:

Please reply

thanks
Hi Friend ,

Pay scale offer to IES officer For Different posts

=> junior Officers Rs. 8000-275-13500
=> Senior Officers Rs. 10650-325-15200
=> Junior Administrative Grade Rs. 12,750-375-16,500
=> Selection Grade Rs. 15,100-400-18,300
=> Additional Secretary Rs. 22400-525-24500...

Its you have to Decide what do you want for your self Govt job over Private , Power and Prestige over money , as a govt Employee you know there are lots of comforts come along with Responsibilities.
In Private Sector you Earn more money but comparatively Government Job is much better .

Good Luck!!

"Don’t hesitate to drop a comment if you have any question or would like to share some more information"
1st December 2011, 06:39 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
IES being a government work is always better than private works as only through government job one can directly serve the people. Being in government job you get a lot of benefits too. You will be paid a good salary and will get other considerations too. With this qualification you can serve people any where in India.
But to getting into the service is not a easy job as there is more competition .
1st December 2011, 06:41 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
IES being a government work is always better than private works as only through government job one can directly serve the people. Being in government job you get a lot of benefits too. You will be paid a good salary and will get other considerations too. With this qualification you can serve people any where in India.
But to getting into the service is not a easy job as there is more competition . Moreover you can attempt the exam only a limited numbers of times and there is also restriction on the age limit for the aspirant to apply.
1st December 2011, 08:03 PM
devesh2812

IES is better option for you than the doing job in a private compney.. because of very high scope and healthy sallery..

Indian Engineering Services (IES) are the Technical Services that meet the technical and managerial functions of the Government of India. Government spending comprises more than 15 percent of India's GDP. Given the extent of tasks and functions managed by the public sector this extends to a fairly broad segment of the economy covering the Railroads, Military, Public works, Power, Telecommunications, etc.
Civil Engineering :

Group A Services/Posts

(i) Indian Railway Service of Engineers.(IRSE)

(ii) Indian Railway Stores Service

(iii) Central Engineering Service.

(iv) Indian Defense Service of Engineers (Civil Engineering Posts).

(v) Indian Ordinance Factories Services (Engineering Branch) (Civil Engineering Posts)

(vi) Central Water Engineering (Gr. 'A') Service (Civil Engineering Posts).

(vii) Central Engineering Service (Roads) Group-A (Civil Engineering Posts).

(viii) Assistant Executive Engineer (Civil Engineering Post) (in Border Roads Engineering Service Gr. 'A').

(ix) Assistant Executive Engineer
1st December 2011, 08:29 PM
amuyoga

Thumbs up Re: Is becoming an IES officer(Civil Engineering) better than doing a private job?

yes,of course,after the sixth pay commission,candidates selected through UPSC exams are paid well..
but this exam is very difficult to crack..
try your level best to crack it..

all the best
1st December 2011, 08:48 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear
It is a completely personal choice What you do in future?
But if our suggestion then you do Govt. job.
Because in private job money is there but not mental satisfiction.
If you do Governemnt jobs there money is there and also satisfaction is there
So always Government job is better than private jobs.

Good Luck..............
8th January 2012, 03:02 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Please reply

thanks
HI,

I.E.S stand for Indian Engineering Services.
I.E.S is among the respectable job in India.
You are able to serve the nation which is more Important.
You know that you earn more money in private sector but the same time you get more respect in I.E.S job.
Your future is also safe in Govt.job.

So now you decide what you want govt. or private job.

ALL THE BEST!
9th January 2012, 05:21 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Please reply

thanks
HI,

I.E.S stand for Indian Engineering Services.
I.E.S is among the respectable job in India.
You are able to serve the nation which is more Important.
You know that you earn more money in private sector but the same time you get more respect in I.E.S job.
Your future is also safe in Govt.job.

So now you decide what you want govt. or private job.

ALL THE BEST!
15th April 2012, 02:20 AM
Unregistered

sir is there is a problem of transfer in ies jobs
20th January 2022, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi,
I did my civil engineering as a part time course.
Am i eligible to apply for IES examination??
as long as you clear the IES, you are eligible
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?