13th April 2011, 04:05 PM
dragonx

Best undergraduate to be taken before joining MBA?

I want to do MBA but i am not sure what undergraduate degree i should take and it would be best with MBA PLEASE HELP !!!

22nd December 2011, 09:51 PM
Rekha Natarajan

Default Re: Best undergraduate to be taken before joining MBA?

i got this information upon surfing in net...
hope this will be useful to u...
the University of Chicago is currently ranked high on MBA
ranking charts. It profiles the entering class so:
"# Undergraduate Major:

* Liberal Arts and all others: 35%
* Finance/Business Administration: 23%
* Economics: 20%
* Engineering: 22% "
22nd December 2011, 10:20 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Best undergraduate to be taken before joining MBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonx View Post
I want to do MBA but i am not sure what undergraduate degree i should take and it would be best with MBA PLEASE HELP !!!

Undergraduate Course To Be Opted For Before MBA

As such..no course is easy or difficult by the subject matter..

A course can seem easier to you because of your knowledge and interest in that particular field but the same course and studies might seem really difficult for someone who has no interest in that particular subject and he will take it as a burden..

So i would rather suggest you to take a subject in which you have keen interest and you generally do well..

This will benefit you as you will get ample amount of time to study and prepare for your MBA entrance as you don't have to waste time studying extra hard for the topics of your graduation..as the subjects you are studying belong to your domain of interest and it is highly probable that you will understand the topics in quick time..

If you are still confused and don't think that there is any subject which interests you that much then i would rather suggest you to get into a 3 year degree course with Economics and Englishas your subjects because it will help you a great deal in your preparations as well as while studying MBA..

You can appear for the following MBA entrance exams provided that you complete your graduation with at least 50% :-

>>CAT - Click Here

>> MAT - Click Here

>> XAT - Click Here

>> SNAP - Click Here

>> Narsee Monjee - Click Here

>> IIT JMET - Click Here

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
22nd December 2011, 10:35 PM
Sayyed Shahrukh

Thumbs up Re: Best undergraduate to be taken before joining MBA?

Hello Friend,

It is depend upon your Interest.
First of all say your interested Field then I will suggest you.
You can say your interest at [email protected]

You can do BBA .BBA stands for Bachelor of Business Administration.

For MBA you mustgive the Entrance Exam Like

@ CAT
@ MAT
@ XAT

Best of Luck.
...Sayyed Shahrukh
22nd December 2011, 10:44 PM
rajesh9503
Member+

Quote:
ans-my best opinion as a engineer to do BBA or BCA and if u can't studying in scince stream then do B.COM
23rd December 2011, 08:27 AM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Before joining in MBA as your pg course it is compulsory that you must have cleared your ug.
According to me the best ug course i would suggest before doing MBA is BBA. Because BBA is the bachelor course for business administration and MBA is the pg course for the same. So some subjects may be same and it would be easy while doing MBA.
23rd December 2011, 12:06 PM
jayparikh

Lightbulb Re: Best undergraduate to be taken before joining MBA?

Quote:
Best undergraduate to be taken before joining MBA?

Hi friend,

see, It is the biggest advantage of MBA that, a person with graduation from any background can appear for MBA exam and can get admission for the same.

so, If your Final goal is MBA then, you can go with any of the undergraduate field according to your choice as it will not have any impact on your field, as you need to do management work after MBA and you will most probably no longer be able to work in your undergraduate field.

You can choose any of the field of your choice, some of them are as follows:-

-B.Com

-B.A

-B.B.A

-B.C.A

-B.E/B.Tech

-B.SC

-B.Pharm

choose any of the above according to your choice.

My View:-

I will suggest you to go for B.E./B.tech , if you capable of getting admission in good college for this, as it will be added advantage for you in MBA. This course will broader your knowledge and also will help to get good college in MBA.

Rest is all depends on you.

Go ahead as per your instinct.

For any other query, please post it here.

best of luck

regards.
23rd December 2011, 12:57 PM
Hours

UNDERGRADUATE COURSES WHICH SHOULD BE TAKEN FOR MBA
B.COM

B.COM(HONS)

BBS (BACHELOR OF BUSINESS STUDIES)

BBA (BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION)

BBM(BACHELOR OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT)

BBE(BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ECONOMICS)

these are few courses which is better to be taken if your are interested to do MBA in future.

all the above courses have topics which you are going to study in MBA.

in some of above courses you will be able to get admission in reputed college only after clearing the entrance examination of the institute or universities.

questions would be based on general awareness,reasoning, quantitative aptitude and on your 12th commerce syllabus.
23rd December 2011, 04:25 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
As you are an MBA aspirant then I will suggest you to go for graduation courses like-
1.BE/B.tech

2.BBA

3.BCA

You can go for any of these courses..

All these courses are future prospective..

All the best.
27th March 2014, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 2 I am a science student can I apat for bba before mba
5th April 2014, 01:20 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

It is not that you have to opt for only certain streams in Graduation in order to join MBA course.

You can opt for the one which you are interested and where your strengths are being fully utilized.

The reason being, in order to be eligible to join MBA course, candidates who have completed Graduation with any of the stream with a minimum of 50% of marks are eligible.

If you are a candidate from SC or ST category, you will get relaxation in percentage of marks upto 5%.

B-Schools and IIMs are the top institutions to join this course.

You did not mention your highest level of academic qualification. If you are about to join your Graduation, then I suggest you to opt for the stream in Graduation in accordance with your stream in 10+2.

As MBA is a Post Graduation course, you can not get direct admission. You have to attend for an Entrance Exam and get through it. But for Graduation, you can direct admission in many of the colleges.

Some of the state level Entrance Exams to join MBA course are
ICET
TANCET

Some of the national wide popular Exams are
CAT
MAT
GMAT
XAT etc.

Choose the Entrance Exam as per your interest and carry out preparation for the same from the 2nd year of your Graduation itself.

Choose the specialization as per your interest and collect the list of colleges offering that course and make sure that you are going to get admission for MBA course in a chosen specialization.

Wish you all the best.
11th June 2014, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

I m from m.p.nd i got 74% in 12 cbse.....i want to ask which undergraduate course will be better for me i.e.bba ur b.com...plsss help me nd tell me about the best cllge in m.p.for doing bba course...thnxxx plsss help me....
18th June 2014, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

I want to do MBA from IIM . Its my dream but i am confused about what undergraduation i should do. Should i do bba or btech ? Some people say that there is no need of btech so doNT waste 4 years in engineering and satart from BBA. while others say that gaining technical experience before MBA would earn me more and is required by the market. Presently i am a XI SCIENCE student. please tell what should i do .
8th May 2016, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

I've secured 83 cent in my 10 2 ISC. I want to know that which undergraduate course between BBA and B.COM will be best for getting admission in a good MBA college.Kindly answer my query and let me know the best choice for my future. Thanks!
23rd October 2016, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

Which ug course is better BBA or b.com so that I also get ample time to prepare for MBA entrance exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?