25th July 2012, 06:46 PM
anandhbd5

Which is better between MCA and MSc(CS)?

As compare to MCA and MSc (CS) which one is best for leading the life?
please give me a answer.

Related Questions:
9th October 2012, 05:42 PM
raiatul1988

Thumbs up Re: Which is better between MCA and MSc(CS)?

Hi,

MCA is Master in Computer Application
In the MCA you are Teaching for Application Developer, Like- C, C++, Java, VB Scripts, Oracle, etc.. and How to Work Application? What is the Hardware Requirement for Below Application?

MSc(CS) is Master in Science(Computer Science).
In the MSc(CS) You are Teaching for Application Developer also Hardware Developer. Both are How to work?
9th October 2012, 06:59 PM
sbhndsen
Member+

Default Re: Which is better between MCA and MSc(CS)?

According to your query, perhaps, you will never get concrete answer, because different people have different opinions. It completely depends on you based on your interest and choice. There are many computer engineer as well who opt for MCA as well because of its high acceptance in multinational companies. M.Sc stands a little different in its Eligibility criteria. Both are Masters, the other basic difference between the two is the duration. M.Sc is of 2 years whereas MCA is of 3 years.

After completing M.Sc you can take lateral entry in the third year of MCA. This will get you two Masters within a span of three years, but vice verse is not possible. On the basis of your interest and various other parameters you can take a decision of pursuing any one of these course. You can choose either of the two as there is hardly much difference among the two as both offers Master's Degree. If you want to become programmer, better go with MCA or if you want to become lecturer then go with M.Sc(CS).

MSc.(CS) is good if you want to make your career in information security, VSLI/Embedded Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Wireless Communication etc. while MCA is good if you want to explore career otpions in web development, software development, database administration, hardware and networking.
17th November 2012, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

After completing M.Sc if I take lateral entry in the third year of MCA then can I learn - information security, VSLI/Embedded Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Wireless Communication and web development, software development, database administration, hardware and networking etc. of this all ? And will it be good for better salary in future ?
28th November 2012, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

can i take admission for mca 3rd year after my msc cs completed from mumbai university????
29th November 2012, 12:01 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

HI,
Choosing a better one is bit difficult. Each one has its own importance. If you have a good work experience the you can go for MBA and other ones are all professional courses where you can build your professional skills.

If you are now working at any company then I suggest going for MBA. MBA with a good work experience in a top college will give you a bright future.

All the best.
29th November 2012, 03:29 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hi,
Well most definitely MCA is better. M.Sc. is seldom preferred in IT companies. And lets face it that anybody with MCA degree will look for IT or corporate sector jobs. MCA is of three years and M.Sc. is of 2 years. So you get more time in MCA to get a grip on the technical subjects and software. So when you go for software developing or software testing jobs, you can join with full knowledge. Whether it is TCS or IBM or Accenture, MCA hold special chances for recruitment in there. M.Sc. will suit you better if you want to go for lectureship posts. So think about it.
29th November 2012, 05:08 PM
swetha sharma

hi Friend,
Find your area of interest, see the subjects carefully. Read it twice or thrice.MCA is a three year course and Msc is 2 year. I don't know whether you are doing any part time job or not.. I m rreferring this becoz if you do MCA it will take one more year to complete and in that one year you can earn 3lac-4lac by doing any good job after completing your msc..This thing is known as opportunity cost. You please don;t mean it that i m suggesting you to do Msc, I m trying to widen your thought horizon. I think MCA has more market value, but rest is upon you. Pray and make decision. Think constructively in a time bound manner. All the best....
22nd March 2013, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

I am completing my tybsc(comp sci) this year so,is it better option to do M.C.S and then after completing M.C.S take admission for last year of M.C.A?
5th June 2013, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

after completing my 2 years of msc can I get admission in 3rd year of mca
14th June 2013, 01:50 AM
Unregistered

if i complete my MSc in computer science can i get into the third year of MCA ?
does all the colleges in india gives such opportunity ?
14th June 2013, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhbd5 View Post
As compare to MCA and MSc (CS) which one is best for leading the life?
please give me a answer.
hello
Find your area of interest, see the subjects carefully. .MCA is a three year course and Msc is 2 year. I don't know whether you are doing any part time job or not.. I m referring this because if you do MCA it will take one more year to complete and in that one year you can earn 3lac-4lac by doing any good job after completing your msc..This thing is known as opportunity cost. You please don;t mean it that i m suggesting you to do Msc, I m trying to widen your thought horizon. I think MCA has more market value, but rest is upon you. Pray and make decision. Think constructively in a time bound manner.

All the best
30th June 2013, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

i am doing bsc computer science .i want to ask what i should do to enter in MCA.means what are entry requirement for MCA.n in what subjects MCA can be done?also tell me about salary pakage of MCA?
9th August 2013, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

Which is the best in MCA or M.sc(cs)
14th August 2013, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

i'm doing msc cs but m allready done advance java..... then what to do i????
14th August 2013, 11:03 PM
srikanth2207

MCA is the course where other student other than BSC computer science or BSC computer technology can do...MCA is better course than MSC ...since many company wanted the guys MCA rather than MSC .So, it would be better to go with MCa

"MCA & MScIT both of them are mastres degree......different is just in the duration.....both courses provide good software skills.....i think after MCA & MScIT your skills are more important.....So give attention to your knowledge and skills....they will give you the right job...."
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?