20th September 2016, 08:45 PM
krutagna

Better career scope between B.Sc(Agriculture) and BCA?

I am really confused between two courses. Actually I am getting admission in BCA but having interest in B.Sc(Agriculture). So, kindly tell me which course is having better career scope between B.Sc Agriculture and BCA?

21st September 2016, 02:26 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Better career scope between B.Sc(Agriculture) and BCA?

Personally I would like to suggest you to opt for BCA degree course rather than Bsc Agriculture because today is the world of computer and those who are skilled in Computer technology are in more demand in comparison to any other field. Moreover it would be better for you to go for MCA after BCA because then you will have wide range of opportunities related to jobs. Hence BCA is a better option for you.
21st September 2016, 04:35 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application.
B.Sc stands for Bachelor of Science.

You can choose any course depending on your interest as both subjects have very wide scope.
If you want to make career in research sector then you should choose B.Sc Agriculture and for that you need to complete B.Sc Agriculture then M.Sc Agriculture and after M.Sc, you have to qualify NET examination conducted by UGC twice in a year for PhD and research.
In case you are interested in computers and want to explore more about it then you should go for BCA then MCA from any top ranking colleges to get job with better salary package.

After completing Bachelor degree, you can make career in many fields through competitive examinations such as
-IAS/IPS/IRS
-SSC
-IBPS and other banking examinations
-CDS
- Direct recruitment to Indian Army, Navy or Air Force in non-technical cadre
21st September 2016, 05:12 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

If you are interested in doing B.SC in agriculture then you should go for it. After doing graduation in agriculture you can get a better job. But after doing BCA you have to do MCA for getting a good job. As many MNC hires MCA graduates or engineers. Thanks
21st September 2016, 09:53 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Both courses i.e. B.Sc for bachelor's of science and BCA for bachelor's of computer application has very good scope in the market. So my suggestion to you is that you should go for that particular field in which you have your personal interest. As you are interested in B.Sc agriculture, so you should go for B.Sc rather than BCA.
After completion of B.Sc agriculture you can apply in National Agricultural Co-operative Marketing Federation of India, Fertilizer companies, seed production companies etc.
However if you continue BCA, you can apply for job in HCL, WIPRO, TCS, Infosys etc.
2nd June 2017, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

I am also confused between BCA or BSc Agriculture. I have not yet decided anything. My parents and relatives believe that Agriculture is good course but I want to know among these courses which one is the best for my better future
29th July 2020, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

BCA is good course? After doing BCA ca i get job with better salary?
7th August 2021, 09:18 AM
Unregistered

I want to start preparing for Civil service examination from now .so need to have undergraduate degree.now I'm confused between bsc agriculture and BCA
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?