5th June 2012, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

Which is the better course for me to join after completion of BE in ECE with 86% of marks?

after completing BE(ECE) what is the better course.i am having 86%.i have completed 2nd year now.

5th June 2012, 01:39 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is the better course for me to join after completion of BE in ECE with 86% of marks?

You can give the GATE Exam for M.Tech if you want to go for higher studies.

A bachelor degree holder can easily give the exam.

But if you want to go for corporate sectors then MBA will be the ideal option for you.

Eligibility criteria for MBA:-

The eligibility criteria for one year full time MBA program is bachelor's degree from a recognized university in any discipline. Minimum Age limit is 27 yrs at the start of the course. Not too old GMAT score is also required.

For part time MBA program Bachelor's degree in any discipline is required. Diploma holders needs to have a minimum of 3 yrs of work experience. You have to sit for the entrance exam that test the analytical, verbal and numerical abilities of students.

For specialized MBA program bachelor's degree, work experience, entrance exam and GD, PI results are taken into consideration.

Hope this helps
1st July 2012, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which is the better course for me to join after completion of BE in ECE with 86% of marks?

i hv get 83% in btech(ece)nd i want to get admission in top mtech. how to get admission in top colleges
17th September 2012, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my B.E with 56% in ECE.I want to join some addition courses that should help me in getting placement opportunities in core companies.
please help...only core companies
18th September 2012, 09:42 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Your percentage in B.Tech is excellent so far, if you can manage to hold on to it after completing the course, then I would suggest instead of going for further education you should try for a job. With such a good percentage, you would be able to find a decent job.

Now coming to educational option for you post BE. The most obvious choice would be ME/M.Tech course. Ideally M.Tech in Electronics and Communications is what I would recommend but you can obviously change the branch based on your interest.

However changing branch is not something I would recommend because it would be difficult for you to understand a completely different course. But the choice is yours. You can pick areas that are closely related to Electronics and Communicaions such as:

Digital Electronics.

Power Electronics.

VLSI Designing.

VLSI Testing.

PCB Designing.

Robotics.

Signal Processing.

Software Engineering.

Design Automation.

Digital Signal Processing.

Antennas and Satellites.

Signal Processing.

Nanotechnology.

Networking.

Embedded Systems

All these options are good therefore are related to Electronics and Communication therefore choose whatever sounds interesting to you. In order to do ME/M.Tech you would have to appear for the GATE entrance exam.

Any engineering graduate can appear for GATE entrance exam. It is conducted on the yearly basis. There is no percentage requirement to appear for GATE. Based on your performance in this exam, you would get admission for M.tech.
18th September 2012, 09:58 AM
Arpit_30
Senior Member+

A bachelor degree holder can easily give the exam.

But if you want to go for corporate sectors then MBA will be the ideal option for you.

Eligibility criteria for MBA:-

The eligibility criteria for one year full time MBA program is bachelor's degree from a recognized university in any discipline. Minimum Age limit is 27 yrs at the start of the course. Not too old GMAT score is also required.

For part time MBA program Bachelor's degree in any discipline is required. Diploma holders needs to have a minimum of 3 yrs of work experience. You have to sit for the entrance exam that test the analytical, verbal and numerical abilities of students.
18th September 2012, 11:09 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
after completing BE(ECE) what is the better course.i am having 86%.i have completed 2nd year now.
Nice to see your interest in the field of higher study. As per your question you have good score so far. If you are interested in the higher study after completing the B.Tech course then you have some option to improve yourself. Here i give you the details information about the some course which can be done after completing the B.Tech course.

If you are interested in the technical field then M.Tech will be best option for you after completing the B.Tech course. In the final year you can appear in the GATE examination. If your score in the GATE examination will be good then you can get a chance to admission in the any IIT college for the M.Tech course.

If you are interested in the business field then MBA is the best option for you are completing the B.Tech course. MBA is fully related to the business field. To admission in the MBA course you need to appear in the entrance examination like CAT, MAT, XAT.....etc. In the final year you can appear in the above entrance examination.

So, i advise you to first complete your B.Tech course with a good score and after completing the B.Tech course choose any field by own interest not by any other interest. It is your career so take any decision by self. Before choosing any field think twice on that. I wish you will get a brightness career future.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?