20th July 2011, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

Which is better subject along with Maths for Mains paper for IAS Exam?

which subject will be better with math in mains paper in the IAS Exam. . plzzzzz tell me

22nd July 2011, 09:19 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which is better subject along with Maths for Mains paper for IAS Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
which subject will be better with math in mains paper in the IAS Exam. . plzzzzz tell me
As you know IAS entrance examination is 3 stage pattern there are three stages as follows

->Stage 1 : CSAT(Civil Services Aptitude Test)

->Stage 2 : Mains Examination

->Stage 3 : Interview Round

At Stage 2 i.e., mains examination the role of Optional subjects comes into picture you need to select two optional of your interest from the list of 25 subjects which will be of different fields of Arts,Commerce,Science & Technology etc.,

At this stage you will have written descriptive examination for which you have to select optional subjects.

Maths is really a good Intelligent choice this optional is known for scoring also. but you have to practice a lot. which consumes more time for sure.

Anyways coming to next optional subject selection as you have selected the subject which has to be practiced a lot the other optional should be balanced by the less tough optional subject.

In my view if I'm in your place I would have selected Psychology or Public administration which doesn't need much time in preparation and can be written on own because of their nature as a General Subject.

All the persons may not have similar tastes and preferences so I have given my suggestion if you like take it or else ignore it simply.

A T B

Regards

~AdityA~
22nd July 2011, 09:32 PM
vivekdas.raja

Smile Re: Which is better subject along with Maths for Mains paper for IAS Exam?

Quote:
hello,
As you know IAS entrance examination is 3 stage pattern there are three stages as follows

i will say English will be better for you for main paper...................
23rd July 2011, 10:02 PM
Tribhuwankumar1990

Default Re: Which is better subject along with Maths for Mains paper for IAS Exam?

Quote:
As mains paper is a descriptive test one should have thorough knowledge of the subject chosen

you should choose a subject which is known to you in which you are familiar enough and you should also have interest in that subject.
24th July 2011, 01:44 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better subject along with Maths for Mains paper for IAS Exam?

You have already chosen maths as one of your optional subjects in the main exam of IAS.

So I can assume that you are a science student and have a good knowledge about the science subjects.

In the list of optional subjects, other science subjects are-- physics, chemistry, statistics. (but you can not take statistics, because you have already chosen maths as one of the subjects).
So you can choose any one from physics and chemistry....

But apart from those, if you have interest in some other subjects which are not related to your course subjects, you can also choose them.

Because whatever background you have come from, it is not that you have to choose subjects from that background too.

You can choose subjects in which you have good knowledge, no matter whether it is your course subject or not.

Be confident what you choose...

You should those subjects in which you can score good marks.

those subjects which you love to learn and have very much interest.
18th September 2011, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

is it necessary to take 2 subjects only from optionals of-25 or one from optional and another from languages
3rd November 2011, 10:43 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

hello,

3rd November 2011, 11:06 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

hello,

hello,

29th November 2011, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

i m in b.tec 3rd year wich subject i will chose with math please tell me phone nor 7503672342
10th June 2012, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

up to which level math & economic are good?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?