5th January 2019, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

Is Biology accepted or Maths compulsory in intermediate for NDA?

My name is Aryan and I am from Science stream (i.e, Physics, Chemistry and Biology). I want to know that am I eligible to give NDA exam or not? Is Biology accepted or having Mathematics is compulsory?

10th January 2019, 01:15 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Biology accepted or Maths compulsory in intermediate for NDA?

According to my knowledge having Mathematics is compulsory in 12th board to be eligible for NDA entrance examination.
Biology is not accepted while applying for NDA entrance examination.
11th January 2019, 09:25 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for NDA (National Defence Academy) entrance examination, even having opted for Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects for your Class 12th but in this case you will be eligible to join only the Indian Army wing of NDA as for other two wings of NDA i.e; Indian Navy or Indian Air Force, Mathematics and Physics are required as main subjects at Class 12th level for sure.

Apart from the educational requirement, you must be an unmarried Indian male candidate with your age lying in between 16.5 years to 19.5 years to be eligible to apply for the NDA entrance examination. You must also satisfy the medical standards as per the service requirement.

For more details regarding the NDA entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
11th January 2019, 03:59 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

PCM, PCB, Commerce and Arts stream candidates are eligible to apply for NDA exam.

Only the difference is that if candidate has studied Physics and Mathematics in 11th and 12th standard, then he can apply for anyone of the three wings (Air Force, Navy, Army) of NDA.

But if candidate has not studied Physics and Mathematics in 11th and 12th (say he is PCB, Commerce or Arts stream candidate) then he can apply for only Army wing of NDA.

So, as you are PCB candidate, you can apply for Army wing of NDA exam.
24th April 2022, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

I have taken PCB as my main subject in class11. So I want to know that can I appear for NDA exam without having maths?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?