30th May 2020, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

Is Biology compulsory in Intermediate to study D.Pharm course?

Hello Guys, I have a degree in Computer Science and Engineering, before Graduating in Engineering I have worked in the medical field as a Pharmacy Assistant for almost 2 years. At that time all of my colleagues recommended me doing a D.Pharm degree as I am having so much potential in medicines, but I did not do that. In the future I am planning to open a medical shop, is it possible for me to get a degree in D.Pharm?

FYI, I did not study Biology in 12th. (I studied, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, and Computer)

31st May 2020, 03:08 PM
kuwaitjob

Default Re: Is Biology compulsory in Intermediate to study D.Pharm course?

D. Pharm. admission requirements include:

You need to complete the Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) or 10+2 exam in the science stream.
Required subjects are physics, chemistry and biology or mathematics.
31st May 2020, 03:47 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

To take admission in diploma in pharmacy Candidate must have passed 10+3 with PCB or PCM stream from a recognized broad.

Admission will be based on entrance exam and you have to attend regular classes because it is a technical course.

So, Biology is not compulsory in 10+2 to study D.Pharm course.
31st May 2020, 05:04 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Diploma in Pharmacy course:

1. You must have done 12th from a recognized board with PCM subject group or PCB subject group.

2. Minimum of 50% marks in 12th board exam is required for this course.

You can apply for Diploma in Pharmacy course.
31st May 2020, 05:32 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

It is not mandatory to pursue Biology in std 12th to get admission in diploma in pharmacy.

So, you can appear for the entrance exam conducted by various institutions for admission in the course.

For more detail about the admission procedure visit the official website of the institution where you want to get the admission.
31st May 2020, 05:48 PM
srkallinone

Yes. You are eligible to pursue a course diploma in pharmacy (D.Pharm) based on your qualification of 12th.

Eligibility for D.Pharm
You must have passed (10+2) in science stream with physics, chemistry and mathematics or biology as main subjects from a recognized board.
31st May 2020, 07:09 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The first thing I would like to let you know that the minimum education required to pursue a Degree or Diploma course in Pharmacy is a Class 12th in Science stream with PCM/PCB group from a recognised board of education.

So, having opted for PCM group for your Class 12th studies, you are definitely eligible to pursue Diploma in Pharmacy degree course as Biology is not a compulsory subject to be pursued in Class 12th in order to pursue Diploma in Pharmacy degree course.
31st May 2020, 07:56 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for D Pharm course:-

> Successful qualification of the 10 + 2 level of education in any stream from a recognised education Board.
> Minimum aggregate score of 50% ( relaxation is given to SC ST OBC candidates).
31st May 2020, 08:20 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

---No, Biology is not compulsory in intermediate to study D pharmacy course because as per the, education qualification required in order to pursue D.Pharmacy, the candidates should have completed intermediate with science stream( PCM or PCB subjects).
31st May 2020, 09:47 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for D. pharmacy:

•• The candidate should have completed 10 + 2 with physics, chemistry, mathematics / biology and English as compulsory subjects from a recognised board.

Therefore, if you haven't studied Biology in your intermediate, still you are eligible if you have studied mathematics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?