4th June 2020, 02:57 AM
Unregistered

Is Physics compulsory in Intermediate to study MBBS?

Can I study full time regular MBBS without doing Physics in High School? I score good grades in Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and English. I only did not had Physics in my Intermediate. Will I get admission in any medical colleges?

7th June 2020, 12:55 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Physics compulsory in Intermediate to study MBBS?

The eligiblility to appear for NEET is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board in Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper.

The minimum age limit is 17 years. So, you are not eligible to appear for the examination without physics as main subject.
7th June 2020, 02:35 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

---Yes, Physics is a compulsory subject to persue MBBS, a candidate should have studied physics, chemistry, biology and English as main subjects in 11th and 12th to pursue MBBS.
7th June 2020, 06:18 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

•••• In order to pursue MBBScourse, the candidate should have studied a combination of subjects that is physics, chemistry, biology and English from a recognised board.

•••• As you haven't studied Physics in your intermediate hence, you are not eligible to pursue this course.
7th June 2020, 07:41 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, according to eligibility criteria:-

To get admission in MBBS course you should have a minimum of a 50% in your 10th with the following given subjects as mandatory:-

. Physics
. Chemistry
. Biology
. English

There is a 10% relaxation for the reserved categories. Moreover it is also necessary to clear the entrance test.
7th June 2020, 10:52 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Physics is compulsory in intermediate to study MBBS course.

Eligibility criteria to study MBBS:-
The candidate should have passed 12th with physics, chemistry and biology from a recognised board.

Age limit is between 17 to 25 years.
7th June 2020, 11:42 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and it is professional undergraduate degree course of five and a half years including an year of intership.

Further, the minimum education required to pursue the same degree course is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology as main subjects from a recognised board of education. Also, the minimum marks required in aggregate in PCB group subjects is 50% in case of general category and 40% in case of unreserved category candidates.

So, having not opted for Physics in your Class 12th, you are not eligible to pursue MBBS degree course.
8th June 2020, 12:35 PM
Rohan221994

MBBS does require PCM score. So for giving Medical Entrance Exams like NEET. In CET also, PCM score is counted. So score well in Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics and prepare for Physics and try getting score which will be sufficient to bring your total marks fairly above the cut-off level as Entrance Exam cut-offs are high for securing admission in Medical Colleges.
9th June 2020, 03:08 AM
Soumyarup_Mukherjee

First of all, wish you good luck for your future.

NOw come to your point,from 2019 Cent percent seats in MBBS will be done through NEET exam (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) and the criteria to seat for this exam is below

1.between 17 and 25 years of age
2.Complete their 12th standard
3.Study physics, biology, and chemistry
4.Pass physics, biology, chemistry, and English separately
5.General category students must have a 50% aggregate in biology, chemistry, and physics.

So,with a saddened heart I have to tell you that you are not eligible to seat for this examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?