22nd May 2011, 08:42 PM
gattynamratha

Which are the books available for mains exam of IAS?

can i know the names of books available for the main exams...please list the book name

16th September 2011, 08:59 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which are the books available for mains exam of IAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gattynamratha View Post
can i know the names of books available for the main exams...please list the book name
Hello Namratha.

Yeah why not there are many books for preparation for this most rigor exam that too for civil service exam there are many subjects which may be General subjects or technical subjects

This exam is the blend mix according to the choice of the applicant so it is difficult to tell only one book name there are nearly some hundreds of books.

As you have not mentioned the subject for which you are appearing in Civils mains like Optional subject names I can't say you the appropriate answer but I will try my max to provide you the information which will be helpful in your search of books.

I guess except those two optional subject remaining subjects will be same so

In one of my attachment named '' 4 '' will contain all the information regarding the General studies in that you will have the good book names related to History , Geography, Science and technology etc.,

just you need to go through every book on your own decide which suits your mind set most.

If you have said your optional subjects for Mains then I could have provided you the list of best books for those also as you have not mentioned that I can't say anything about that.

Coming to history you should go through NCERT 11th and 12th History books okay.

they will help you a lot to understand about Indian History and one more book about freedom fighters is Indian Freedom fighters by Bipin is also a good book these three books will be enough for Indian History.

now I'm uploading the Text file labelled with "4". check it out
all the best for your preparation.

Regards

~aditya~
Attached Files
File Type: txt 4.txt(2.9 KB, 49 views)
17th September 2011, 12:41 AM
vivekdas.raja

Smile Re: Which are the books available for mains exam of IAS?

Quote:
hello,
dear friend,
it is matter of pride for you that you are interested in IAS exam . First of all you have to choose two subjects in whom you have to appear in this exam . These subjects can be of any stream and any subject of your choice .You have not mentioned that in which subjects you have made up your mind to appear, then how can one suggest you of good books, however i suggest you to join any good coaching center for preparing this exam .coaching centers at Delhi are well known for their quality like Chankayas academy . dear friend you first tell us about the subjects . then any of of members from the forum will certainly guide you in this exam

so Best of luck.......
17th September 2011, 11:34 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which are the books available for mains exam of IAS?

Quote:
dear friend,

Books for IAS exam are as follows:

Tata McGraw Hill’s (TMH) GS Manual for prelims.
Manorama Year Book
An Introduction to the Constitution of India by DD Basu,
Our Constitution by Subhash Kashyap,
India’s Constitution by MV Pylee
India’s Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra
Social Problem - Ram Ahuja
Journal of peace Studies
World Focus
Sharma & Cotinho : Economic and Commercial Geography of India.
Khullar : India- A Comprehnsive Geography.

thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?