16th May 2011, 01:13 PM
Shelly thakur

Books which are better for IAS entrance exam?

I want to know dat which book is better for ias model test paper?im prepairing from Excellent book model test paper.is it a gud book?

20th July 2011, 12:42 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Books which are better for IAS entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly thakur View Post
I want to know dat which book is better for ias model test paper?im prepairing from Excellent book model test paper.is it a gud book?
Friend !

No one single book can fetch you the result what you are expecting you have to make your own question to understand the actual concept

My view on questions which are asked in UPSC Examination is they may be twisted and turned out questions but you have to practice the concept in such a way that there should be no way to lose that question which is covered in your preparation time if you prepare with that attitude then there will be no tensions regarding thinking about questions of Examination.

it may sound you like a unbelievable thing but if you once appear for the exam and get's unsuccessful then you will get to know what should be the preparation attitude of yourself.

Then you will do the actual preparation. But one thing I want to clear you now is I'm not telling the Model test papers or books which you are following now are waste because they are the most important tools now for you to achieve success but what I want to say is you don't be back of questions be back of the concepts

then automatically your question will be back of you with the super results. In your Exam and also in your life.

Coming to the best books there is nothing called best and also nothing called worst every book has some speciality get knowledge from each and every book then you will be in the lime light soon.

If you wish to be . And My sincere suggestion is prepare your own questions with answers ofcourse and then share it with your friends by doing this you will build confidence on the topic what you are discussing about.

I hope you got the gist of my answer There is nothing best and Nothing worst try all the books and do all the model problems. and gain as much as possible it is a endless work for you.

All the best

Regards

~AdityA~
20th July 2011, 01:15 AM
nambardar
Senior Member+

Default Re: Books which are better for IAS entrance exam?

BOOKS FOR IAS EXAM...

THANKS
20th July 2011, 01:20 AM
gagan4790

Quote:
Hi dear
One book will never be sufficient for this xam....
Contct [email protected]......
ALL D BEST!!!
20th July 2011, 12:31 PM
lovebirdskarun
Senior Member+

there is no single book for preparing ias

you have to refer so much

To get a good command over General Science, it is must that you prepare at least eight subjects of high importance properly. These subjects include Mental Ability, Economy, Political Science, Science, Current Affairs, Geography, History and General Knowledge.

The best way to begin your exams preparation in above mentioned subjects is to start with NCERT books of 6th to 12th standard.

To keep updated with ‘current affairs’ you will require reading newspapers from at least one year back from the time of appearing for exam. Make notes of all the important events, incidents in the country as well as around the world.

Other than books, you also need to prepare from a good atlas for ‘Geography’.

For ‘General Knowledge’, you must read ‘Competition Success Review” and collect facts. Also, you can solve question papers of previous years’ preliminaries.

For ‘General Studies’ read political and business magazines as much as you can but within limit.

For ‘optional subject paper’, the most important thing is that you choose a subject about which you are very much confident. The best way to do is this is to go through the syllabus of that subject and look if you have covered all those topics mentioned in your degree course.

Do prepare for both ‘Preliminary’ and ‘Main’ exam very well, as you will not have much time to prepare for ‘Main’ exam after clearing prelims successfully.

To prepare for optional subject, get the civil service exam syllabus. Cover all the topics and attempting all the related question papers simultaneously.

You must keep in mind that the IAS is a highly reputed service in India and one has to go through rigorous tests before making it final. Success is possible with proper planning for the exam preparation and executing that planning in the most effective manner.
20th July 2011, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

Minimum how many years are required for the preparation of IAS
21st July 2011, 02:42 AM
kumar96
Senior Member+

Hi,

for success you have to reffer various author books because No one single book can provide complete knowledgeone single book can't provide every thing you.

For good success you have to reffer different author book.in UPSC aptitude type question are mostly asked.

Aptitude type question required practiec because thes are formula based question you have to apply formula in the question.

In UPSC exam objective type question are asked in which short trick are very important.for formula there is not any specified book you can prepare formula from any book.

Books provide idea about what kind of question are asked in the exam and how to solve question.practice is very important to solve objective type question.

you have to solve maximum number of question to encrease you speed of solving question because you have to solve maximum no of question in limited time for this you have to require practice.

Without practice there is nothing.without practice you cant get good success.for success you have to solve previous year question paper.these paper provide idea about what kind of question are asked in the exam and how to solve them.

best of luck.
21st July 2011, 04:05 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

books would be suitable for you
IAS Prelims Magic Book
India Year Book latest
One competitive Magazine
Guides like Tata McGraw Hill, Spectrum or Unique
11th August 2011, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

tell the best gk book to solve is paper
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?