15th July 2011, 07:31 PM
kr kavin

Books to be followed for GATE exam? Topics on which I should concentrate more?

i am studying anna university second year BE CSE. i want to know what are the books to be followed for gate exams and topics i want to concentrate more

15th August 2011, 09:20 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Books to be followed for GATE exam? Topics on which I should concentrate more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr kavin View Post
i am studying anna university second year BE CSE. i want to know what are the books to be followed for gate exams and topics i want to concentrate more
RECOMMENDED BOOKS FOR GATE - CSE

There are many books available in the market which helps you to prepare for GATE exam...

-> Some of the recommended books are as follows...

GATE 2012: Computer Science & Information Technology (With Practice CD)
ISBN: 8183550223

GATE Papers: Computer Science & Information Technology
ISBN: 8183550320

GATE Computer Science & Engineering
ISBN: 8121932114

GATE Computer Science And Information Technology Engineering
ISBN: 8183487726

Gate Papers Computer Science & IT Solved Papers (Topic Wise)
ISBN: 8183554539

Popular Master Guide Gate Computer Scince
ISBN: 8178121174

POINTS TO NOTE :

-> Try to study all the concepts well from your CSE stream, because most of the questions coming for the GATE exam will be from your subjects which you are studying in college...

-> You can refer the previous year papers and find out the question pattern and prepare for the exam accordingly...

-> I have attached some of the previous year model papers of GATE CSE for your reference...

-> To know more about GATE exam CLICK HERE!!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip GATE-CSE.zip(1.08 MB, 47 views)
15th August 2011, 09:34 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Books to be followed for GATE exam? Topics on which I should concentrate more?

hi dear
after complete your degree engineering course then you are
eligible for GATE exam
Books For:-

15th August 2011, 10:02 AM
Harshita21

Default Re: Books to be followed for GATE exam? Topics on which I should concentrate more?

Books for GATE examination

G.K Publications

R Gupta's

For Preparing Aptitutde

Notes and Books from Made Easy :

15th August 2011, 11:37 AM
ROHIT1THAKUR

Arrow Re: Books to be followed for GATE exam? Topics on which I should concentrate more?

Books to be followed for GATE exam

1.Fundamentals Of Data Structures Designed to function as a textbook or as a profes

2.Data Structures Using C And C++ (2nd Edition) This introduction to the fundamentals of data

3.Data Structures And Algorithms Analysis In 'C' Mark Allen Weiss' innovative approach to algo

4.COMPUTER SCIENCE & IT (GATE Solved Papers) This book contains topicwise solved papers of GAT

5.DBMS Database management has evolved from a specialize

6.Networks And Systems Serves as a text for the treatment of topics

7.Computer Networks Computer Networks by Andrew S. Tanenbaum

8.Computer Architecture Computer Organization and Architecture by William

9.Multiple Choice Questions Multiple Choice Questions By Timothy Williams
5th June 2012, 01:42 AM
mnbgvs

Default Re: Books to be followed for GATE exam? Topics on which I should concentrate more?

If your a GATE aspirant then you must have grip of the core subjects,suppose your a EEE student then you must have good knowledge about electrical machines,power systems,EMF,circuit analysis.

So you must have a grip over your core subjects from the first year of B.E itself.

Refer books of authors like R.K Bansal,Rajput,Katson publications,Pearson publications,Modi & Seth,B.L Thereja,William Haith..etc.

all the best
5th June 2012, 01:43 AM
mnbgvs

It is good to start your preparation from 3rd year itself and try to write exam this year also hope you have applied for GATE as it will give you a experience about the pattern and your ability to solve it and according to that you start your preparation......

If you are not able to solve previous year paper then better to join institutes.......
Remember one thing there is no age limit to write GATE and
GATE score are valid for 2years.....
so prepare well and try to solve previous year question papers as much as you can.....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?