3rd July 2011, 09:01 AM
SUZANE M.

Which branch should I get after scoring 75% in 12th?

sir,
i passed my 12th with 75% now m luking to get in a good engg branch...which one shud i choose ece, civil or electrical.

Related Questions:
3rd August 2011, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Which branch should I get after scoring 75% in 12th?

See with ur % of 12th thr is no relation of branches all branches r equally good but some r damn hard..so prefer wt u like .......its all about interest in which field ur having....
16th November 2011, 10:58 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which branch should I get after scoring 75% in 12th?

Hi.

75% is a good aggregate if you see in terms of the boards results. However it may fall short if you calculate in terms of the competition prevailing in the market.

Yes your board results reflect and say a lot about your academic determination and performance, but it is not enough a factor on which one should decide his/her future.

There is always scope for improvement, if you have the will.

So now as I can read, you have three engineering streams in your mind. No doubt that you are surely eligible to study B.Tech, ECE, Civil and Electrical are the three streams you have eye on.

Ok I would explain a bit about all three.

ECE: Electronics and Communication Engineering

This branch is indirectly composed of two different streams i.e Electronics+Electrical and Communication.
You would be taught about various electronics, microprocessors, digital systems, Electrical engineering too in one semester, and Communication both digital and analog, Antennas, VLSI, Embedded Systems etc.
Its a tough branch out of the three, and it consists of the maximum number of subject till the end of third semester.

EE: Electrical Engineering

This branch is very well known and evergreen. It would give you hands on Electrical Machines, Transmission lines, Designing of Machines, Digital and Analog circuits, etc. This too has equal scope as that of ECE, but this is an old form, the new one is EEE - Electronics and Electrical. Look out for this.

CE: Civil Engineering

This is also a very evergreen stream and is in high demand in India, it being a developing country.
It would teach you about construction of roads, dams, bridges, buildings, basements, tracks, etc. It would take you in detail of the Materials, proportions, calculations, architecture etc of all the civil stuffs being done in the market.

So by now, I have roughly given you idea about each stream. I would say, that your 12th result just authorizes you to go ahead with engineering. Now you should select the stream you have the best interest in.

All the best with your selection.

Regards
#RJ#
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?