19th February 2017, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

Can a 12th with Arts stream study BCA course? Entrance exam to get admission in government colleges?

Hello sir, I have passed 12th with Arts stream and got second division. I want to know can I study BCA course after it? Entrance exam to get admission in government colleges?

20th February 2017, 04:46 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a 12th with Arts stream study BCA course? Entrance exam to get admission in government colleges?

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application and it is three year course from a recognised university.

The eligibility as per educational qualification varies with universities and institutions in some of the universities admission is offered only to candidates with PCM stream in 12th where as some of them offers admission to candidates passed 12th in any stream.

So, to get details about the admission in any university visit it's official website. You can get admission in Kurushetra university, College of Business Studies Delhi university and Madurai university.

There is no common entrance examination for admission in all government colleges.
20th February 2017, 06:10 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a 12th with Arts stream study BCA course? Entrance exam to get admission in government colleges?

As per the eligibility criteria a candidate must have studied mathematics in intermediate in order to pursue BCA from a recognised University. As you belong to arts stream so you are not eligible until and unless you have studied mathematics in your 12th standard. If you have studied mathematics in your intermediate only then you are eligible to pursue BCA. Age should be in between 17 to 25 years where as relaxation is given to reserved students.

List of BCA entrance exams 2017:

IGNOU BCA
NIMCET
IIT
Pune University
All India BCA entrance exam

These exams are generally conducted in the month of April and March for various Government Universities of our country so you have to decide where to take admission.
20th February 2017, 06:43 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

The basic eligibility criteria to pursue BCA course is 12th passed. You should score an aggregate of 50% in the 12th class. You should have taken mathematics as the main subject in the 12th class. There are many reputed colleges in the country which offer BCA courses and some of the colleges are Garden City College, Bangalore, Amity School of computer science, Noida, Apeejay Institute of Management and information technology, New Delhi etc.

For further information refer to the official website of the institutes mentioned above all you can also appeared in all India BCA Entrance Exam that is conducted in the month of April.
20th February 2017, 10:56 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I have passed 12th with Arts stream and got second division. I want to know can I study BCA course after it? Entrance exam to get admission in government colleges?
No, 12th with arts candidates are not eligible for BCA course.

Candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board are eligible for BCA course.

Every institute conducts their own entrance exam.

List of the best University for BCA course:-

- Banaras Hindu University
- BIT , Mesra
- Christ University
- Delhi University
- Kurukshetra University
- Indraprastha University
- Pune University
- Punjab University
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?