21st October 2015, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study BCA for 12th Arts student?

Hi Sir,
I am 12th standard student from Arts stream in PSEB Board. I want to study BCA after my 12th. So, I am eligible or not for this course?

24th October 2015, 12:19 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study BCA for 12th Arts student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir,
I am 12th standard student from Arts stream in PSEB Board. I want to study BCA after my 12th. So, I am eligible or not for this course?
No, you are not eligible for BCA course.

BCA stands for Bachelor's of Computer Application.

The candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.
24th May 2017, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

I'm am having following subjects in 12 class:- geography, physical education, economics, English,information practices. So I'm able to do BCA or not tell me very urgent.
8th September 2017, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

I am 12th pass student from Arts in cbse Board. I study BA. So, I am eligible or not for this course?
13th September 2017, 06:41 AM
cataleya11

Arts students are not eligible to study BCA course since they have not studied math as one of the subjects. For BCA course aspirants must study mathematics in intermediate level. This course is considered equivalent to B.Tech/B.E degree. Admission is generally based on entrance exam marks.
Colleges for BCA-
Madras Christian College
Christ University
DAV College
Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research
Presidency College
Banaras Hindu University
Indraprastha University.

Minimum educational qualification- Intermediate level with 50% marks in any stream. Studied mathematics as one of the subjects.
Age criteria- Minimum 17 years.
14th September 2017, 08:33 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible for BCA being an art student.
To get admission in BCA a candidate must fulfill following criteria-
A candidate must be 12th passed with physics chemistry and mathematics and must have minimum 50% marks .

A candidate must have minimum 18 years of age.
18th September 2017, 06:58 PM
sapphire1

Sorry, Arts students are not eligible to apply for BCA course. This course is based on computer application. Here below is the eligibility criteria for BCA.

Eligibility Criteria for BCA:

The candidates should have 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. It is necessary to have mathematics subject for BCA.
They should have minimum 50% marks and 12th should be from a recognized board or university.

So, as you have not mathematics in class 12th then you are not able to apply for the BCA. You have many another options after 12th in arts.

You can apply for BBA course. It is also a good course. This course is related to the business field. This course has good scope so if you want to do this course then you can take admission in this course after 12th class with minimum 50% marks.
21st September 2017, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

To BCA you are going to need mathematics in your 12th standard. Without that i am afraid you cant.
21st July 2021, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

I have Political Science, Philosophy, Geography, Sanskrit in my hs level... Can I apply for bca??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?