23rd March 2016, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

Can I study BCA being a 12th Arts student?

Hi Friends,
I have just given 12th Board exams. I want to do BCA. But I have not studied Maths in 12th standard. I have taken Arts stream. So, can I do BCA?

24th March 2016, 05:42 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BCA being a 12th Arts student?

Yes, you can apply for admission in IGNOU for BCA course. IGNOU offers BCA degree to arts students also. Admission is available without any entrance exam.

There are many other universities also but they will ask for maths at class 12th. There are not many universities which offer BCA to arts students.
24th March 2016, 07:36 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Sorry, you are not eligible to pursue BCA course. BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application and it is three year vocational course.

The eligibility to get admission in the course is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board with science stream.

So, you are not eligible to get admission. For more information about admission in course visit at university official website.
24th March 2016, 09:02 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to study BCA course after completion of your 12th standard with Arts stream. To be eligible to get admission for pursuing BCA course, you must have completed 12th standard with Mathematics as a subject from a recognised board. Since, you have not pursued Mathematics subject in your 12th standard, you are not eligible to get admission for pursuing BCA course.
24th March 2016, 10:57 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to pursue BCA.

The minimum academic criteria to apply for BCA course is that the candidate must have passed class 12 examination with mathematics/ Physics/ Chemistry/ Business mathematics/ Computer science as one of the compulsory subjects from a recognized board of education.
21st September 2016, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am arts student and I have following subject english, economics,hindi,pol. science and civic, i have also taken additional subject as information practice. do i eligible to take admission in BCA. Please confirm.
5th March 2020, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

i am arts student.. i have passed 2 in arts stream.. am i eligible for integrated bca mca..??
14th August 2021, 03:37 PM
Afreen0786

Yes, you are eligible for doing BCA( Bachelors in Computer Application). Students from any stream they can do BCA. There are a lot of best colleges in India offering Regular and Distance course for BCA. Its a 3 years degree course. After completion of this course you will be able to make your career in Computer, Programming, Software developer, Networking etc fields.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?