6th February 2016, 06:43 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get admission in BCA with 52% marsk in 12th?

Sir, i have completed my 12th standard and i have scored 52% in PCM group. Now i want to study BCA degree course from a reputed college. So is it possible for me to study BCA course with this percentage in 12th?

6th February 2016, 09:51 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get admission in BCA with 52% marsk in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, i have completed my 12th standard and i have scored 52% in PCM group. Now i want to study BCA degree course from a reputed college. So is it possible for me to study BCA course with this percentage in 12th?
BCA stands for Bachelor's of Computer Application.

The candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.
6th February 2016, 04:24 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible to pursue BCA course after 10+2. BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application and it is three year course after 10+2.

The eligibility to get admission in the course is :-

Candidate must have passed 10+2 from any rcognised board.

Candidate must have science as main subject in 10+2, some of the institutions also prefer to have Mathematics.

Some of the institution conducts entrance examination to get admission in the course, so to get information in detail give us the information about which institute you want to get admission.
6th February 2016, 04:38 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to pursue course from the recognised university. BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application and it is three year course.

The eligibility to get admission in course is :-

Candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board.

Candidate must have science as main stream in 10+2 along with Mathematics.

So, you are eligible to get admission, but you need to qualify in entrance examination conducted by various university for admission in it.
6th February 2016, 05:26 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely it is possible to get admission in BCA with 12th qualification in PCM stream. Most of the universities ask for just 50% marks in class 12th which you have already got.

Therefore, just appear for entrance exam and perform well in it. Admission will be based on rank and seats are allotted through counselling.
6th February 2016, 07:27 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admission in BCA course after completion of your 12th standard with an aggregate of 52% marks from a recognised board. Candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics subject from a recognised board are eligible to get admission in BCA course. Most of the colleges offer direct admission in BCA course on the basis of 12th standard board examination marks whereas some colleges conducts an entrance examination and offers admission to merit candidates of the entrance examination.
6th February 2016, 11:15 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes, of course you are eligible to apply for BCA after completing 12th standard with PCM. Applicants having at least 50% marks in their 10+2 from a recognized board are eligible for BCA degree. Students with Mathematics subject in 12th are given more priority. Admissions for BCA Degree takes place on the basis of percentage obtained in 10+2 board exam. Some reputed Institutions may conduct their own entrance exam within the college.

Colleges Offering BCA in India:

Institute of Management Studies
Official website - http://imsnoida.com/

Madras Christian College
Official website - http://mcc.edu.in/

Birla Institute of Technology
Official website - https://www.bitmesra.ac.in/

Presidency College
Official website - http://presidencycollege.edu.in/
6th February 2016, 11:39 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes, it is possible to get admission in BCA with 52% marks in 12th standard. The eligibility to study the course is a pass in HSC with 45% marks (with mathematics/computer science/statistics/business mathematics). The duration of the course is 3 years. The course is available in the following colleges;
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?