5th January 2017, 08:25 PM
Anand satyam

Can a 12th from NIOS board apply for JEE Main exam? Maximum terms to apply for it being a ST student?

Hello sir, I am studying in 12th with NIOS board and want to apply for JEE Main exam. Am I eligible to apply for it? How much time I can apply for it being a ST student?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for JEE Main if pursuing 12th Science from NIOS Board? Documents required to submit?
  2. Can I apply for 12th NIOS Board exam in this Summer if already appeared from UP Board?
  3. Eligibility for IIT JEE being a 12th student from NIOS board?
  4. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main if pursuing 12th NIOS? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main being an NIOS candidate? Whether the subjects enlisted for JEE Main is as per NIOS Board?
  6. Eligibility to apply for 10th and 12th from NIOS for a candidate who has completed 9th WBBSE about 5 years ago? Eligibility to apply JEE Main and Advanced?
  7. Can I apply for JEE Main 2016 twice, one on the basis of 12th and another on the basis of Diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Value of NIOS education board certificate for IIT JEE examination?
  9. Can I get admission in 12th NIOS after completing 10th CBSE? Eligibility to appear in JEE Main & Advanced if pursuing 12th NIOS?
  10. Eligibility to appear in JEE Main & Advanced for 12th NIOS student?
  11. Can I appear in JEE Main 2016 while appearing in NIOS Board 12th improvement exam?
  12. Can I get admission in IIT through JEE Main and Advanced if pursuing 12th Science from NIOS Board?
  13. Eligibility to appear in JEE for an NIOS student?
  14. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main with 40% in 12th NIOS?
  15. Possibility to appear in JEE Main again from NIOS board if already passed 12th from Jharkhand Board?
  16. What should I write in the column of school name of JEE Main form if studied from NIOS? Do the NIOS students get admission in IITs?
  17. Can I appear in JEE Main 2016 from NIOS board?
  18. Am I eligible to apply for JEE Advanced if reappearing in 12th from NIOS board?
7th January 2017, 04:29 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can a 12th from NIOS board apply for JEE Main exam? Maximum terms to apply for it being a ST student?

CBSE Board conducts the JEE Exam to provide admission in undergraduate course in IITs and NIITs. You are eligible to appear in JEE exam if you have Physics, chemistry, maths as a compulsory subject in class 12 ,but make sure that unless you score 65%(for ST/SC only) in class 12th or be in the top 20 percentile in class 12 exam conducted by representative board you can not get admission in IITs or NIITs. Also you need to secure good rank in JEE main exams for getting top colleges.

Age criteria to apply
> Candidate whose date of birth falls on or after 1st Oct 1992 can apply for the JEE mains 2017 exam.
* If a candidate qualify 12th and appear for improvement for one or more subjects ,then top 20 profile cut off will be considered
7th January 2017, 07:18 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a 12th from NIOS board apply for JEE Main exam? Maximum terms to apply for it being a ST student?

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling and it is a recognised board.

The certificate of the board is valid to appear for entrance examination for recruitment in jobs or to get admission in higher school.

Yes, you are eligible to appear for JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ). The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed 12th or appearing with PCM as main paper.

To get syllabus and other details about examination visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.
7th January 2017, 07:39 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

The number of attempts for ST students is same as for general candidates. So, there is three attempts for Main and two for Advanced stage.

Yes, you will be eligible to appear for JEE Main examination after 12th from NIOS. The eligibility is :-

Candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate's must have minimum 45% in PCM.

The application form for examination is available now at www.jeemain.nic.in.
7th January 2017, 07:40 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for JEE Main examination after completion of your 12th standard from NIOS Board. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream from a Government recognised board are eligible to apply for JEE Main examination.

The maximum age limit to apply for JEE Main examination is 25 years as on 31st December of the year of examination. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
8th January 2017, 08:28 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand satyam View Post
Hello sir, I am studying in 12th with NIOS board and want to apply for JEE Main exam. Am I eligible to apply for it? How much time I can apply for it being a ST student?
If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Main exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

You can apply consecutively for 3 years.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
18th July 2017, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have given jee main in 2017 and I got selected but because off less percentage I have not got admission and I m from CBSE board and in 2018 I am preparing for JEE main and giving paper from NIOS board to increase the percentage can I illegible for JEE
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?