3rd October 2011, 12:26 AM
ttdeepthi

Can a B.Tech candidate good for Banking Job?

iam confused about my future totally .iam a btech final year student from cse,i belongs to a middle class family nd i dnt get proper guidance by my family as they dont know much about this so i want to ask u how shuld i plan for my carrier .some are saying go for bank po's as govt jobs are gud fr girls but can a btech student is gud for banking field am confused.Next question is that i hv got less percentage in intermediate because of cbse pattern nd due to some problems i.e below 60 so wat do u suggest anyways i dnt get campus placement jobs because of my less percentage in inter but my 10th nd btech percentages are gud .suggest something

Related Questions:
3rd October 2011, 02:12 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a B.Tech candidate good for Banking Job?

Dear friend,

Yes, B-TECH engineer are eligible for BANK PO exam.

Those candidate have completed their graduation degree from any recognized university are eligible for BANK PO exam.

They are not require any kind of percentage marks in graduation for this time.

But your age must be in between 20 to 30 years.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC candidate .For Sc/ST candidate have age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC candidate it is 3 years.

BANK PO exam consist of two steps 1) Written test 2)Personal Interview.

For written test you must be prepare for mathematics and general knowledge.Also you must have basic knowledge computer field.

Every bank set their own criteria .So it is not perfect criteria all BANK PO exam.

A new restriction has been imposed on the number of attempts for the candidates. For general number of attempts is 4, for OBC it is 7 and for SC/ST.

Thanks
2nd December 2011, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am doing my b.tech now i am final year branch e.c.e. after completing my b.tech i want to go for bank jobs. for bank jobs which qualification i want to need please suggest me any thing.
1st March 2012, 08:50 AM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1464745]sir, i am doing my b.tech now i am final year branch e.c.e. after completing my b.tech i want to go for bank jobs. for bank jobs which qualification i want to need please suggest me any thing.[/QUO

hiii.... why u are not going for psu's preparations, there are a loy of scope in psu's for an engineering students specially fron ece branch., u can also go for po banks.
15th May 2012, 01:59 AM
Unregistered

is there are special p.o. exam for b.tech student
15th May 2012, 12:17 PM
Bhargav.student

Yes , Now a days Bank jobs are more preferred as they have job guarantee , good salary . And in bank jobs the pressure , tension will be less as compared to IT jobs now a days .
In bank's also you can earn high salary if you prove your talent in your job and get promotions .
I prefer bank job is best for your career .

The minimum qualification for bank PO jobs is a Degree .

The selection for Bank PO jobs is done through written test and a Interview .

The written test mainly consists of questions on
*Basic Mathematics
*Logical Reasoning
*Aptitude
*General Knowledge
*Current Affairs
*Computing Knowledge
etc. ,

From this i can say that for B.Tech students this written test will be easy because they will be good at maths , reasoning etc . ,
So for B.Tech students it is easy to crack bank job .
5th March 2013, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

i m studing b-tech II year EEE.i don no how to prepare for bank manager job?
8th May 2013, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

After 3 years of exp.in manufacturing industry,is it right to enter banking sector.And i cleared the bank PO exam waiting for interview.
9th May 2013, 01:14 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, a B.Tech. Graduate is eligible to apply for Bank P.O.(Probationary Officer) job as well as Clerical job.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

Banking job is no doubt good but whether a B.Tech. candidate opt for the same or not absolutely depends upon him/her attitude.
9th May 2013, 06:58 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

I would like more details like how much percentage you have managed to maintain so far in the Engineering course. But since you haven't provided it, I will give you some options.

You say that the marks in B.Tech are good. If you have scored 60 percent or more than do not worry about the 12th standard. While the top companies may not hire you there is always hope to get job in SME.

Even in top companies you have a chance. Infosys is one such example. If the student meets the 60 percent criteria in 2/3 (10th, 12th, graduation) the company still offers job.

However if you are having trouble applying for the job in private company, you should consider applying in Public Sector Undertaking. PSU is basically a company controlled by the government.

You will have to meet the 60 percent criteria to apply for PSU. At the same time it is required in some companies to show GATE score. Therefore if you haven't appeared for GATE yet, this is the time to do so.

There are more than 150 PSUs in India. While not all of them hires Computer Science Engineers, there are some that do. Therefore you will have to check the notification of each PSU and look for the vacancies for the CSE. Only then apply for the job.

The procedure of selection is that you will first have to appear for written test and then interview. However in some companies written test is replaced by the GATE score.

Your marks in 10th and 12th will not be considered therefore you won't have to worry about it.

PSU Eligibility

1. Minimum of 60 percent marks in B.Tech.

2. A valid GATE score is needed.

3. Must have cleared all pending backlogs before applying.

4. Age limit is 21 to 30 years to apply.

5. For OBC upper age limit is 33 while 35 for SC/ST.

List of PSU

BSNL

MTNL

ISRO

DRDO

HAL

BHEL

BEL

NTPC

IOCL

ONGC

BPCL

NALCO

GAIL

SAIL

ECIL

If you are unable to find job in private sector or the Public Sector Undertaking then you can consider appearing for the Bank PO entrance exam. Although banking is not the field for B.Tech student but if you are desperate for job this is good option.

Institute of Banking Personnel Services conducts the Bank PO entrance exam for 19 Public Sector Banks. It is conducted in June.

Eligibility

1. Education: Any graduation course is accepted.

2. Marks: There is no criteria.

3. Age Limit: 20 on lower side while 30 on the upper side.

Relaxation in Upper Age Limit

1. Three years for the Other Backward Class

2. Five years for Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe

3. Ten years for Person with Disability
23rd December 2015, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

Hello ! I am B.Tech EEE 2010 passout . Taken exposure of nearly all fields available for engineers in EEE.
Including Purchase, Testing, Supervision, Training, Calling ,day /night shifts, online selling,property selling,BDE profile,
Taken training in Solar Installation ,now i am getting work in HDFC bank as a Phone Banking Officer.(have not acheived any documented experience as yet).
Kindly suggest what should be done.
26th September 2020, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

I am a B Tech final year student. I want to get a government job in teaching or banking just after completing graduation. I can not take a break and prepare fro government exams separately. Please suggest some options.
28th September 2020, 07:07 PM
Dpabas20

You are eligible upon completing your course to apply for the position . They have entrance test which quite challenging to get through and really tough competition. The job as such is attractive for many people as they have decent salary and other benefits along with job security when it is government owned organisation. But initial stages of a P.O. Job requires hard work and shouldn’t be assumed as a cake walk ..
Otherwise you are a step ahead of many freshers when it comes to an IT job
. There are good companies who select candidates based on their screening tests and interviews rather than being very strict about HSC scores. Please do a good research on that and I feel it will be more relevant to your degree .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?