12th December 2019, 09:48 AM
ALAN ABEY

Can Commerce background candidates eligible to do Marine Engineering?

Hello Sir, I am about to complete my 12th Board exam from Commerce stream. After this I wish to do Marine Engineering graduate degree course. Will I get admission in any colleges for studying Marine Engineering? Isn't there any way? What about Diploma courses in Marine Engineering?

15th December 2019, 01:14 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can Commerce background candidates eligible to do Marine Engineering?

No, it is not possible for a candidate having completed his/her Class 12th in Commerce stream to get admission in degree in engineering course in any discipline as to pursue degree in engineering i.e; B.E./B.Tech. degree in any discipline, one must have opted for Science stream with PCM group.

Further, you can seek admission in Diploma in Marine engineering course of 3 years on the basis of Class 10th.
15th December 2019, 11:44 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can Commerce background candidates eligible to do Marine Engineering?

You are not eligible to get admission in the Marine Engineering on the basis of your qualification.

The eligibility to get admission in the Marine Engineering the required eligibility is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCM as main paper from a recognised board.

Entrance examination is conducted for admission in premier institutions.
15th December 2019, 01:06 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Having completed your Class 12th in Commerce stream, you are eligible not eligible for pursuing degree or diploma in marine engineering degree course, as the minimum education required for these courses is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognised board.

One thing I would like to let you know that, you can opt for Diploma in Marine engineering degree course of 3 years for which the minimum education required is a Class 10th.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?