10th August 2017, 12:24 PM
raisachidanand

Can an Ex Army man apply for Sub Inspector post at the age of 44 year? What are the requirements for it?

Sir, I have served in Indian Army for 17 years and now I have retired. I want to know can I apply for Sub Inspector post at the age of 44? What are the requirements for it?

14th August 2017, 09:21 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can an Ex Army man apply for Sub Inspector post at the age of 44 year? What are the requirements for it?

The eligibility criteria for Sub Inspector Post in Police department:

1. You must possess minimum academic qualification of bachelor's degree from a recognized university of India.

2. The age limit is 20-30 years. There is five years upper age relaxation given to Ex Army candidates.

Your age is 44 years, which is far more than 35 years of upper age limit including relaxation. You can not apply for Sub Inspector post.
15th August 2017, 01:02 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can an Ex Army man apply for Sub Inspector post at the age of 44 year? What are the requirements for it?

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to apply for the post of Sub Inspector with the age criteria that is mentioned above. There is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible for this SI recruitment.

>> The minimum educational qualification required is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> The minimum age required for SI recruitment is 21 years and the maximum age must not exceed 30 years.

>> Of course there will be an age relaxation for reserved category candidates.

>> There is a 10 years age relaxation applicable for Ex-Servicemen category candidates.

>> With this norms, the maximum age applicable for you is 40 years. Hence you are not eligible for the post of Sub Inspector as per my knowledge.
15th August 2017, 01:19 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Sub Inspector is a good post in Indian Police. But there is certain academic qualification and age limit to be fulfilled to apply for written exam of Sub Inspector.

Academic qualification: Graduation in any stream from a recognized stream.

Age limit: 20-30 years.

Ex Serviceman candidates are eligible to get five years upper age relaxation. You can not apply for this post at age of 44 years.
15th August 2017, 07:35 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Sub Inspector is a rank in Indian Police.

They are in charge of a police administration and responsible for maintaining law and order. The educational qualification required for Sub Inspector post is bachelor's degree. It means that graduates are eligible for applying to Sub Inspector post.

The age criteria for Sub Inspector Post is 20-30 years. Upper age relaxation of five years to Ex Serviceman candidate. You are not eligible for Sub Inspector post at age of 44 years.
15th August 2017, 09:16 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The age limit for post of Sub Inspector is 20-30 years for general category candidates. OBC candidates are eligible for three years and SC/ST candidates are eligible for five years age relaxation. Ex Serviceman can apply for the examination of Sub Inspector post upto age of 35 years.

You have already crossed upper age limit. Due to being over age, you are ineligible for post of Sub Inspector.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?