16th June 2016, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for Bank exams after (Polytechnic) Diploma in Civil Engineering?

Hi Sir, Can I appear for Bank exams after completing my Diploma in Civil Engineering (Polytechnic)? Please tell me how can I apply for Bank exams if any, and eligibility criteria for applying?

17th June 2016, 09:31 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for Bank exams after (Polytechnic) Diploma in Civil Engineering?

Yes, you can apply for Bank Clerical exam after completion of diploma in Engineering:-

Eligibility for Bank clerk Exams:-

Candidate must have completed in any trade or its equivelent with 60% aggregate throughout career from any recognised Central / state Education Board

Candidate must be computer literate

Candedate age should be in between 18- 28 years

For SC / St the upper Age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years

If you will fulfill all these criteria then you can apply for this service.
17th June 2016, 12:23 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for Bank exams after (Polytechnic) Diploma in Civil Engineering?

For appearing in banking entrance examination for recruitment as Clerk, PO and on the posts the examination is conducted by IBPS, SBI etc...

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university. The age limit varies for different examination.

So, after diploma degree you are not eligible to appear for banking entrance exam. So you have to pursue bachelor degree. For more information about examination visit at www.ibps.in or www.sbi.co.in.
17th June 2016, 12:32 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

You have completed your diploma in Civil Engineering. You are interested to know whether you are eligible for bank exams or not. No, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for taking the bank exam. Following are the eligibility criteria for giving the bank exams:

Educational qualification: For taking any bank exams such as PO/ Clerk, student must possess graduation from a recognized board or university. You have done diploma in Civil Engineering. So you are not eligible at this moment.

Selection Procedure: The selection procedure consists of Preliminary exam, Mains exam followed by interview.

>>So in my opinion if you are interested in doing job in banking sector then you have to firstly complete your graduation degree and then try for banking jobs. In the meanwhile of your graduation course you can start your preparation for bank exams.
17th June 2016, 12:48 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

You can eligible for the Bank Clerk exam with diploma civil engineering.

Bank exams are two types

Bank PO
Bank Clerk

Eligibility of Bank Clerk:

Candidate should be citizen of India.

Candidate should complete the 12th standard or any equivalent course from recognised state board.

Candidate should required minimum 60% of marks in 12th standard.

5% of marks relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Minimum age: 18 years.
Maximum age: 28 years.

Upper age relaxation applicable for other categories.

3 years relaxation for OBC candidates.

5 years relaxation for SC/ST Candidates.

10 years relaxation for PHD candidates.

Exam Pattern:

written test

Interview

Syllabus:

General Awareness

General English

Quantitative Aptitude

Reasoning Ability

Computer Awareness
17th June 2016, 03:22 PM
Mamatha97
Junior Member+

You can eligible for Bank exam after Diploma civil engineering.

But you can eligible only Bank clerk post.

Bank Clerk Eligibility Criteria:

Nationality:

Candidate should be citizen of India.

Educational Qualification:

Candidate should complete the 12th standard or any equivalent course from any recongized university.

Candidate should score minimum 60% of marks in 12th standard.

55% marks for SC\ST candidates.

Final year pursuing candidates are also eligible for this exam.

Age limit:

Candidates age limit between 18 to 28 years.

The upper age relaxation as follows

3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates.

5 years age relaxation for SC\ST candidates.

Selection Process:

Written test

Interview

Written Test Syllabus :

General Awareness

General English

Quantitative Aptitude

Reasoning Ability

Marketing / Computer Knowledge

Written Test Pattern :

Duration of Time : 150min

Questions : 250

Reasoning with 50 questions of 50 marks

English language with 50 questions of 50 marks

Quantitative Aptitude with 50 questions of 50 marks

General Awareness with 50 questions of 50 marks

Computer Knowledge with 50 questions of 50 marks
17th June 2016, 06:08 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can appear for clerical exam because in some banks the minimum qualification for Clerk is 12th or recruitment examination from recognised University. Where as for the officer level exams, the minimum eligibility criteria is graduation from recognised University in any discipline.
17th June 2016, 11:02 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification required for appearing for bank exams is graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for clerical and probationary officer exams. But at present, you are not eligible to apply for any bank exam.

You can get admission in bachelor's degree in technology through LEET or JEE Main exam. After completion of degree, you can apply for IBPS Common written exam for Clerk and PO as well as State bank of India exam for these posts.
18th June 2016, 12:14 AM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Can I appear for Bank exams after (Polytechnic) Diploma in Civil Engineering?

Polytechnic also comes under Higher secondary and in order to appear for the Banking Sector recruitment you should have at least completed your Bachelor degree or graduation from any respective stream of study in order to appear for Banking sector examinations.

Banking sector examinations are generally conducted in public sectors and also in private sectors recruitment.Public sector bank examination are conducted through IBPS and you can appear for this after completing bachelor degree at least after your Polytechnic course,Private sectors conduct recruitment individually with out involving in any other examinations.

Minimum requirements for appearing for Banking sector recruitment are
  • Should have attained 21 years at least and not exceed 30 years
  • Should have completed graduation or bachelor degree in any stream of study
  • Should belong to citizen of India only

These are the minimum requirements for bank examinations.

So as you have completed Polytechnic now appear for the Graduation course and then complete your graduation and during your finale year also you can appear for Bank examinations
19th June 2016, 12:11 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir, Can I appear for Bank exams after completing my Diploma in Civil Engineering (Polytechnic)? Please tell me how can I apply for Bank exams if any, and eligibility criteria for applying?
No, after completion of diploma course, you are not eligible for Bank exams.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI clerk exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 28 years.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.
18th August 2018, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

I have completed polytechnic diploma in computer science and engineering can I eligible to take Any Bank PO exams?
2nd January 2019, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my diploma in computer science and also presently working in Digital marketing domain where I have 2 years of experience but I want to try and change the domain and give a try for bank exam (clerk)....
Please pet me know If it is possible
12th April 2019, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

I had completed my PGPM and after that i want a job in any standard commercial bank for the post of probationary officer. I am a diploma holder in mechanical engineering, will i be eligible for the post of PO?
1st September 2019, 08:52 AM
Unregistered

Sir what exam I give after polytecnic in civil engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?