23rd December 2011, 01:05 AM
Harneet Kala

Can I appear for GATE Exam having completed B.Sc in Biotechnology and M.Sc in Rural Technology?

Sir/Madam
I Have completed my graduation with B.Sc Biotechnology from Ranidurgavati vishwavidyalaya Jabalpur (M.P) and Masters with M.Sc Rural Technology from GuruGhasidas central university Bilaspur (C.G), now can I appear for GATE exam with this subject combination.

Related Questions:
  1. Information about MSc Biotechnology? I have completed BSc Biotechnology
  2. Can i do Msc in Biotechnology after passing BSc in Physics
  3. How to study MSc in Chennai after completing BSc Biotechnology
  4. What can I do between MSc Biotechnology and MBA after completing BSc with Biotechnology
  5. MBA or MSC which one to choose after BSC? which post graduation is better? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. In which MSc course should I take admission? Which is better between MSc Environmental Study and MSc Biotechnology?
  7. GATE eligibility after BSc in biotechnology? is it compulsory to appear for GATE exam to do M.Tech?
  8. Which course is preferred after completing B.Sc(biotechnology), either M.Sc(forensic) or M.Sc(microbiology) or M.Sc(biotechnology)?
  9. Will I get a job in India if I do M.Sc in Biotechnology after completion of B.Sc Biotechonology? -- [New]
  10. Which course is better between M.Sc in Microbiology and M.Sc. in Biotechnology having completed B.Sc. in Biotechnology?
  11. How to do MSc Food Technology? I have completed BSc Nutrition and Dietetics
  12. Can I go for MSc in Clinical Research after completing BSc Microbiology with Biotechnology?
  13. Which course is better between M.Sc in Bio-Analytical Sciences and M.Sc. in Biotechnology having completed B.Sc. in Biotechnology?
  14. Am i eligible for TRB after completing BSc Biotechnology
  15. Best course available after BSc Biotechnology? List of the colleges offering genetic engineering course? Which is the entrance exam?
  16. How to do MSc biotechnology? I am a student of BSc Biotechnology
  17. After graduating in Biotechnology what can i do between MSc and MBA Biotechnology?
  18. Should I go for a job or Msc Biotechnology after passing BSc Biotechnology? What are the chances for job?
23rd December 2011, 03:40 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for GATE Exam having completed B.Sc in Biotechnology and M.Sc in Rural Technology?

dear friend,

Eligibility for GATE Examination

The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear for GATE 2012:

* Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

* Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (Post-B.Sc./Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

* Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

* Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.

* Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

* Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.

As Per the GATE rule:

1.>Pre-final year students are not eligible to write GATE 2012.

2.>There is no such limitation for Appearing GATE 2012.

Best of luck.
23rd December 2011, 04:13 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for GATE Exam having completed B.Sc in Biotechnology and M.Sc in Rural Technology?

dear friend,
My friend you have completed B.Sc in biotechnology and M.Sc in rural technology and now you wanted to go for GATE exam..

Yes, my friend you can appear in GATE exam after completion of M.Sc ..

Eligibility for GATE exam:-

1.Candidate must have complete the graduation in fields like- Engineering/technology/Architecture.
Or, Candidate must have complete the master degree in fields like- M.Sc/MCA/MBA etc..

2.GATE score valid for two years.

3.One can appear in GATE exam during the final year of graduation or post graduation course.

These are the eligibility criteria you need to fulfill..
So, go for the exam.
All the best.
7th January 2012, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

CARRIAR BIOTECHNOLOGY
14th February 2012, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

DEAR sir can i appear for gate exam having completed B.sc in chemistry(h) and post graduate diploma in computer application
22nd July 2012, 01:29 AM
Unregistered

what are the scope after complete M.Sc. rural technology ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?