8th June 2012, 08:50 AM
gpsingh05

Can I appear for GATE Exam having completed B.Tech course from a UGC recognized university?

can i appear for gate if i done my b.tech from a UGC recognized university ?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I appear for GATE Exam having completed B.Tech course from a UGC recognized university?
  2. Is RVD university is recognized by AICTE or UGC? I'm doing B.Tech(Electronics and telecommunication) and in 7th sem
  3. Is it possible to get admission in UGC recognized university for doing M.A after B.A through non UGC university?
  4. Am I eligible for IIMs having completed Graduation from a UGC recognized university but not by AICTE?
  5. After doing B.Tech from UGC recognized university am I eligible for UPSC exam?
  6. Am I eligible to write GATE and CAT entrance exam for master degree after completing my B.Tech from deemed university?
  7. Am I eligible to take up UGC NET exam in Computer Science and Application subject? -- [New]
  8. Am i eligible for CSIR/UGC NET? I have completed MSc in Phamacology from recognized UK university with 57% marks
  9. Is it safe to do Ph.D course in Singhania University? Is it recognized by UGC?
  10. Is it possible to do M.Tech from top UGC recognized university after the completion of B.Tech by distance learning?
  11. How much time one should devote for GATE preparation? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Is my MSc Botany degree from Annamalai university recognized by UGC?
  13. I am a 3rd year Electronics Engineering Student : How to apply for Summer Training?
  14. How may I do M.Phil or Ph.d from any UGC recognized university? I can't attend regular classes
  15. List of UGC recognized universities which offer part time PhD in Hindi
  16. Can I do Masters in USA? I've graduated from a University that is not recognized by UGC
  17. Are there any UGC recognized university from where I can study for Masters in Animation?
  18. UGC recognized universities for PhD in English in New Delhi through distance or regular mode
8th June 2012, 11:47 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for GATE Exam having completed B.Tech course from a UGC recognized university?

Yes. You are eligible to appear for GATE Exam after completion of B.Tech course from a university or college which is recognized by UGC (University Grants Commission).

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

This exam is being conducted once in a year in order to give admissions for the candidates for M.Tech course in various colleges all over India depending upon the performance of the candidate in GATE Exam.

The minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidate to be eligible for this exam is by completion of B.Tech course with any of the stream from a recognized institute.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of B.Tech course are also eligible to give this exam.

But pre-final year candidates are not allowed to take this exam.

There is no age limit required for the candidate to be eligible for this exam. One can take this exam at any age.

The validity of GATE score card is for a period of 2 years.

If a candidate has take the GATE exam in 2 consecutive years, he can use the score card which ever is better to get admission for M.Tech course.

So, I suggest you to have good preparation for this exam and crack it.

Practice as many previous year question papers as you can.

Study GATE Questions and Answers books that are being available in the market.

Try to get good rank in this exam so that you can get admission in top college which will benefit you by providing campus placements.

For updated information regarding this exam, I suggest you to visit
http://gate.iitk.ac.in/gate2012/results.php
8th June 2012, 01:13 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for GATE Exam having completed B.Tech course from a UGC recognized university?

Hi,

Yes. You are eligible to
appear for GATE Exam
after completion of
B.Tech course from a
university or college
which is recognized by
UGC (University Grants
Commission).

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. The candidates will be given Admission for M.tech. This exam will be conducted once in a year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

the candidate should have completed Graduation on Engineering with any stream.

Candidate who are pursuing final year of Graduation course in Engineering can also apply for this exam.

Candidate who are pursuing pre final year of Engineering course are not eligible to apply for this exam.

There is no age criteria to appear for this exam.

One can apply for this exam at any age he he fulfill the required academic criteria.

There is no limit on the number of attempts for GATE exam.

For more details visit the website

http://www.ilsc.ernet.in/gate2012/index.php

all the best.
8th June 2012, 01:19 PM

Yes. You are eligible to appear for GATE Exam after completion of B.Tech course from a university or college which is recognized by UGC (University Grants Commission).

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

This exam is being conducted once in a year in order to give admissions for the candidates for M.Tech course in various colleges all over India depending upon the performance of the candidate in GATE Exam.

The minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidate to be eligible for this exam is by completion of B.Tech course with any of the stream from a recognized institute.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of B.Tech course are also eligible to give this exam.

But pre-final year candidates are not allowed to take this exam.

There is no age limit required for the candidate to be eligible for this exam. One can take this exam at any age.

The validity of GATE score card is for a period of 2 years.

If a candidate has take the GATE exam in 2 consecutive years, he can use the score card which ever is better to get admission for M.Tech course.

So, I suggest you to have good preparation for this exam and crack it.

Practice as many previous year question papers as you can.

Study GATE Questions and Answers books that are being available in the market.

Try to get good rank in this exam so that you can get admission in top college which will benefit you by providing campus placements.

For updated information regarding this exam, I suggest you to visit
http://gate.iitk.ac.in/gate2012/results.php
18th August 2012, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

can i appear gate exam any year after completing b.tech course?
30th August 2012, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

can i appear for gate exam having completed b.tech courses from a ugc approved university but not approved by aicte
3rd May 2013, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

Sir, which is better ugc or acite approved university for govt jobs for btech.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?