31st August 2011, 11:09 PM
rahulgarcia

Can I appear for IAS after doing service in Indian Navy and graduation from Annamalai University by distance education?

Sir,
I am doing service in Indian Navy and completed my graduation from Annamalai university by distance education.Can i appear in IAS exams?

Related Questions:
6th September 2011, 07:12 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IAS after doing service in Indian Navy and graduation from Annamalai University by distance education?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulgarcia View Post
Sir,
I am doing service in Indian Navy and completed my graduation from Annamalai university by distance education.Can i appear in IAS exams?
If You have completed your Graduation degree course form a recognised university, Then Yes You are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services examination to become IAS/IPS Officer.

>> The UPSC Conducts the Civil services examination for those candidates who are Interested to become IAS/IPS Officer. This examination was Conducted by UPSC Only 1 Time in a year and the examination was held in 2 stages - Preliminary examination and Main examination.

>> Preliminary examination are also called CSAT Examination (Civil Services Aptitude Test). There are 2 Papers in This examination and Both are Objective and after clear this examination candidates are eligible to sit in Maine examination.

>> So, If you have already completed your Graduation form a recognised university and Your age should between 21 to 30 years then Yes you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

For this year examination was already completed, So If you are Interested then please apply for this examination Next year i.e. on 2012.

The Notification of this examination was going to be Published in the employment Newspaper OR in the UPSC website in the Month of February 2012 and eligible candidates may fill the Application form Online By visit the UPSC Website, OR if you are Interested to apply Offline, then please obtained the application form Directly form the Designated Post Offices.

>> General candidates will gets 4 Attempts To Cracked this examination, OBC Candidates will gets 7 Attempts and No attempts is applicable for SC/ST Candidates, And If you want to get more Information then please check the UPSC website OR read the Given Notification -

http://upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 73 views)
6th September 2011, 07:46 PM
vijendradutt

Default Re: Can I appear for IAS after doing service in Indian Navy and graduation from Annamalai University by distance education?

Ye,you can do your graduation from Annamalai University of distance education,as it is a recognised university of UGC.

And then after completing your graduation you can opt for IAS sevice exam

Kindly log on to :http://upsc.gov.in for more details.
6th September 2011, 07:59 PM
MyAngel

Smile Re: Can I appear for IAS after doing service in Indian Navy and graduation from Annamalai University by distance education?

Yes You are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services examination to become IAS Officer.

This examination was Conducted Only 1 Time in a year...
The examination was held in 2 stages -
Preliminary examination
Main examination

Yes You are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services examination to become IAS Officer.
6th September 2011, 08:20 PM
malek basit

Red face Re: Can I appear for IAS after doing service in Indian Navy and graduation from Annamalai University by distance education?

DeAR FRIENDS...

Being in the bureaucracy of India is like a dream come true. Thus, in order to be a part of this highly des ignited post, one will have to go through an entrance examination conducted by a special panel of bureaucrats of India. The examination is called Union Public Service commission UPSC. This examination is a gateway to many government high level jobs and designation. The posts that are given after one successfully clear this examination have respect which is beyond anyone’s expectations and imaginations. That is the reason why almost every individual of India has a dream of clearing this examination and being a part of this renounced job.
6th September 2011, 10:07 PM
lovebirdskarun
Senior Member+

Yes
Surely you can go for ias examination
The eligibility for the exam is
Need a degree from a recognised university
It doesn’t matter whether you undergone distant education or not
Age limit
General 21-30
OBC 21-33
SC/ST 21-35
6th September 2011, 10:24 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

If u hav already done graduation , then U can apply for IAS .
For more details , u can log on to
http://upsc.gov.in
6th September 2011, 10:51 PM
pitabash

You have not specified, how many times you have appeared for IAS. If you are a general candidate, then you can apply for 4 times, if you are OBC, then you can apply for 7 times, and if you are SC or ST, then you can apply unlimited times.
I can understand what you particularly want to know.
1. yes, you can appear for IAS after doing service in Indian Navy.
2. yes, Annamalai University is a recognized university, and after graduation by distance mode, from this university, you are eligible for appear in IAS Exam.

But for 2011, IAS preliminary exam is already over and result is declared. Successful candidates are now preparing for main exam. You can appear next year. ALL THE BEST.
7th September 2011, 02:47 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
See, as you have complete your graduation from Annamalai University , which is a recognized one then you can go for IAS exam..
But to appear in IAS exam you have to fulfill the age criteria also..

If you are from general category then your age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years..

So, IAS aspiring candidates have to fulfill the criteria..
After that you can appear in IAS exam..
All the best..
7th September 2011, 11:03 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Sir,
Hello,
If your age is between 21-30 years then you are quite eligible to appear for the IAS examination.
The eligibility Criteria for the IAS examination is that the candidate should be graduate from a recognized university in any stream and has age between 21-30 years of age.

Best Wishes....
8th September 2011, 06:44 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I appear for IAS after doing service in Indian Navy and graduation from Annamalai University by distance education?

Quote:
Sir,
Eligibility for IAS

if you have a graduation degree from a recognized college of India and your age is between 21-30 years then you are definitely eligible..

the UPSC Civil Service Exams take place in two rounds..

1)Prelims:- it has two papers and are completely based on aptitude,general knowledge and current affairs..

2)Mains :- This exam is based on the subjects you had in graduation..

all the very best and do prepare well..

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
4th March 2012, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

hey did u get the answer to the question..can a naval SSC officer appear for IAS during service?
12th October 2012, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

Hello Sir,
I have finished with my 12th science (pcm) however my percentage was low (48%) because of which I had done my GP ratings (pre sea) for merchant navy and i am currently working. My age is 20 years as on (oct 2012 ) . However Sir i wish to join the indian Navy via the officers category. Would distance learning degree from a UGC recognized university in B.Sc (physics) do the needful for me?
Please request you to reply ASAP!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?