4th August 2017, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for IAS exam after completion of B.Sc Honors in Biotech?

Can I appear for IAS exam after completion of B.Sc Honors in Biotech? Can you please give me the details on this? What are the criteria required for applying for the IAS exam? It will be really helpful if you can provide me with the details on this soon. Thank you!

5th August 2017, 06:30 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IAS exam after completion of B.Sc Honors in Biotech?

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and for recruitment candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

The eligibility to appear in examination is :

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

The age limit for appearing in examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper limit for reserved category.

So, you can appear for examination after completion of B.Sc in Biotech. The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates qualifying in all stages of examination will be eligible for final selection.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
5th August 2017, 09:43 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IAS exam after completion of B.Sc Honors in Biotech?

First thing I would like to let you know that officially IAS ( Indian Administrative Service ) examination is known as Civil Services examination which is held by UPSC once every year.

--> The minimum qualifications required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must be an Indian citizen.

* Your age must lie in between 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course or must be in the final year of your graduation degree from a recognized university.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for Civil Services examination being a B.Sc Honors degree holder in Biotechnology then I would like to inform you that you are certainly eligible as stream and marks of graduation or academic level does not matters for eligibility.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
5th August 2017, 11:09 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

IAS is Indian Administrative Services. The competitive entrance examination for Indian Administrative Services is Civil Services examination. Civil Services examination is one of the toughest and prestigious exam for top level posts in bureaucracy of India.

Union Public Service commission which is considered as constitutional body conducts this entrance exam. The eligibility criteria for this exam is very simple. Any graduate in any discipline can apply for this exam.

The age criteria followed for this examination is 21-32 years. OBC and SC/ST candidates get upper age relaxation of three years and five years respectively. There are six attempts for open category candidates, nine for OBC and no limit for SC/ST candidates.
6th August 2017, 03:34 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

First thing I would like to let you know that Civil Services examination held by UPSC for recruitment of administrative officers like IAS, IFS, IPS, etc. are called IAS or IPS examination in general and so to be an IAS ( Indian Administrative Service ) examination you need to qualify Civil Services examination.

* Further the basic qualifications required for appearing in Civil Services examination are as here under :-

i) You must hold the citizenship of India.

ii) You must have completed your bachelor degree course in any subject from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their graduation degree can also apply.

iii) Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years if you are a general category candidate. Further there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

Si having completed your bachelor degree i.e; B.Sc with Biotechnology you are eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination on the educational requirement ground as it is mentioned above the stream of academics is not considered while deciding anyone's eligibility for the same examination.

For more details about Civil Services examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
6th August 2017, 05:52 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for I.A.S examination after completion of B.Sc honors in Biotech.

The eligibility to appear in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

The age limit to appear in examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

The examination for 2018 preliminary ( first stage ) will be conducted on June 3 and candidates qualifying in it will be eligible for Mains.

But, you have to qualify in all three stages of examination for final selection. For detail information about examination and syllabus visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
6th August 2017, 11:41 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for applying IAS exam after completing B.Sc Honors in Biotech. The full details about the eligibility requirements are mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- The candidate should have done their graduation or its equivalent degree in any stream with a fair percentage from any government recognized university.
- The age limit should be between 21 - 32 years. There is age relaxation for the reservation candidates.

If you fulfill the eligibility requirements then you need to visit the official website of UPSC http://www.upsconline.nic.in/
You need to fill the application form and submit it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?