27th May 2013, 03:56 AM
Unregistered

How should I prepare for IAS? I am a student of part 3rd BSc Biotech

I am a student of part 3rd bsc biotech. how can i prepare the exam of IAS.

3rd December 2014, 07:13 PM
Askmequestion

Default Re: How should I prepare for IAS? I am a student of part 3rd BSc Biotech

B.Sc is 3 years degree course and if you are in final year then you are eligible for UPSC Civil services examination 2015 to become an IAS.

Indian Administrative Service (IAS) is the most prestigious job and to become an IAS you need to appear for UPSC Civil Services Examination. As far as Government Jobs are concerned, IAS is marked as ‘A’ category government service. To become IAS you need to crack Civil Services examination which is conducted by UPSC every year.

To apply for UPSC Civil services examination you must be Graduate/post-graduate in any steam from any recognized University/College. Candidates appearing for their final year exam are also eligible to apply. If anyone has professional and technical qualifications recognized by the Government are also pertinent for this examination. Those who have passed MBBS Examination but appearing for Internship are also eligible for preliminary examination.

You should be within the age group of 21-30 years to appear for this examination. Relaxation is applicable for reserved category Candidates.
To become an IAS is undeniably a difficult aim but not an impossible target to achieve. To be an IAS you have to appear for competitive examination i.e. Civil Services examination conducted under supervision of UPSC in three stages:

1. CSAT : (Civil Services Aptitude Test) This is a common paper for all and now comprises of two compulsory paper of 200 marks each with 2 hours of duration. You will get multiple choice Objective questions in this examination. Once you clinch this stage, you are eligible to appear for UPSC Mains examination.

2. UPSC Mains: This examination is not for all candidates, only selected candidates in CSAT Preliminary examination are eligible to appear for Mains examination. The exam consists of 7 papers with 2 Optional Papers. It means there will be total nine papers for this exam. The list of subjects mentioned in the notification (Refer UPSC CSAT 2015 Notification when they published).

3. Those who will get selected in Mains examination are finally eligible to appear for Last stage i.e. Final Interview.

The Notification of CSAT Preliminary examination will be published on 16.05.2015.

Now, the question arises, How to prepare for IAS Examination?

This is very important aspect to crack UPSC Civil services examination. Those who prepare for Civil services examination must have to decide how they prepare and how they do their preparation for Civil services. Firstly, you have to collect all the necessary material for Preliminary examination. Once you succeed in preliminary examination, you are eligible for Mains. For IAS preparations you have to be dedicated and hard working. Regular Practice is greatly obligatory to crack CSAT. Preparation of Civil Services examination is one of the toughest tasks. You have to study daily if your aim is Civil services examination. First prepare for CSAT (Preliminary examination) once you crack this stage you are eligible to appear for Mains.

Preliminary examination is known as CSAT, you have to appear for two individual papers with objective type questions. First paper is of General Awareness and second one is for English. Refer good author books, guidance of teachers or those who have undergone through this examination and those who succeeded in this examination.

Besides, you can also join some best coaching institutes who really prepare students for Civil Services examination. Work hard daily, keep-in touch with your studies daily, you will definitely do well in Civil services examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?