29th November 2019, 07:20 PM
Aartimishra87

Can I apply for AFCAT entrance while being in final year of B.Com?

Hello Sir, presently I am studying in 5th semester of B.Com. I will be completing my B.Com on the year 2020 only. So, can I apply for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) entrance examination now?

30th November 2019, 07:27 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for AFCAT entrance while being in final year of B.Com?

The full form of AFCAT is Air Force Common Admission Test.

It is conducted by Indian Air Force twice every year for selection of candidates into different branches of Air Force like:

1. Flying branch.

2. Technical branch.

3. Ground Duty branch.

Final year commerce candidates are eligible for Ground Duty branch of Indian Air Force. The age limit is 20-26 years. You must ensure that after result you should have at least 60% marks in bachelor's degree.
30th November 2019, 09:47 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to apply for AFCAT examination. Candidates pursuing in the final year of B.Com are eligible to appear in the examination.

The age limit is 20-24 years. The examination is conducted in two stages.

So, you can start the preparation for examination appear and qualify in it for final selection . For more information visit at www.careerairforce.nic.in.
30th November 2019, 10:26 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

AFCAT is Air Force Common Admission Test. It is conducted by Indian Air Force for recruitment of candidates in service.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university with minimum 60% aggregate.

Candidates in the final year are eligible to apply for the examination.

The examination is conducted in two stages as Written and SSB. Compulsory to qualify in both stages for final selection.

So, you are eligible to apply for the examination.
30th November 2019, 12:28 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test. It is competitive examination for selection of candidates into Indian Air Force. It has two stages called Written examination and Air Force Service Selection Board.

Bachelor of Commerce candidates are eligible for Ground Duty branch of Indian Air Force. Final year graduation candidates can apply. The minimum percentage of marks required in bachelor's degree is 60%.

There are two stages namely Written test and Air Force Service Selection Board.
30th November 2019, 02:35 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test. AFCAT is conducted twice every year.

Commerce stream students are eligible for Ground Duty branch of Air Force. Final year graduation candidates can apply for AFCAT entrance exam.

After bachelor's degree you must have minimum 60% marks. The age limit is 20-26 years.
30th November 2019, 02:53 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Since, you are in B.Com course, so you not eligible for AFCAT exam.

To apply for AFCAT exam, you should have completed B.E./B.Tech with at least 60% marks. In case, if you are in final year of graduation, then also you can apply for AFCAT entrance exam.

Also, your age must be between 20 to 24 years to be eligible for AFCAT exam.
30th November 2019, 02:54 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for AFCAT-

Graduation in any discipline with minimum 60% marks and have passed Maths and Physics as subjects at 10 + 2 level from a recognized University with minimum 60% marks.

Age limit: 20 to 24 years.
30th November 2019, 03:14 PM
sarika1993

No. You can't apply for AFCAT if graduation is not completed. Also after graduation in B.Com, You will eligible only for ground duty for AFCAT. With B.Com qualification, you can apply for AFCAT for ground duty for only 2 departments - Administration & Logistics and Accounts.

AFCAT Eligibility

Administration & Logistics
You must have passed graduation in any discipline with at least 60% marks in aggregate from a recognized university.

Accounts
You must have passed B.Com degree with at least 60% marks in aggregate from a recognized university.
30th November 2019, 03:34 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test.

The educational qualification required for the AFCAT examination mentioned below:-

1. Flying Branch:- Candidates must have completed 12th/graduation in any stream/Graduation in Engineering with at least 60% marks from any recognised college or university.

2. Ground Duty(Technical Branch):- Candidates must have completed Aeronautical Engineering with at least 60% marks from any recognised college or university.

3. Ground Duty(Non-Technical Branch):- Candidates must have completed their Bachelor degree in any stream from any recognised college or university with at least 60% marks.

4. Age limit:- 20-24 years(Flying Branch) and 20-26 years(Ground Duty Branch).

5. Nationality:- Indian.
30th November 2019, 04:06 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Air Force Common Admission Test has following eligibility criteria:

Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university with minimum of 60% marks in graduation.

The age limit is 20-26 years.

You can apply for AFCAT exam while being in final year of bachelor of commerce.
30th November 2019, 04:39 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes of course, you are eligible to appear in AFCAT because for applying in AFCAT there is no need to complete graduation with commerce stream but your aggregate marks in graduation should not be less than 60%.

Eligibility criteria :-
Candidate with any steam with at least 60%. You must have physics and maths as compulsory in class 12th.
Students who are appearing in their final year of graduation are eligible to apply this exam.
Age limit:-
For flying branch - 19 to 23 years
For ground duty branch - 22 to 23 years
For technical branch - 18 to 28 years
For other details about Career in airforce please visit the official website
http://careerairforce.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?