25th May 2019, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply and appear for NEET exam after completion of 10th?

I have completed my 10th board exams and was wondering if I am eligible to apply for NEET or not. Can anybody please confirm me on this? What is the standard eligibility criteria to apply for NEET? Do I need to qualify Intermediate?

28th May 2019, 07:20 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply and appear for NEET exam after completion of 10th?

NEET refers to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and it is a medical admission test held for offering admission in undergraduate medical degree course across the medical colleges of India.

Further, the minimum education required for appearing in NEET is a higher secondary school degree in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks ( or 40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category ) from a recognized board of education. Students going to appear in their Class 12th board examination are also eligible.

So, being just a Class 10th passed candidate, you are not eligible for NEET.

For more detailed information regarding NEET, you can refer to the official website of NEET i.e; www.ntaneet.nic.in
28th May 2019, 07:32 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for NEET exam after completion of 10th because minimum educational qualification required to appear in NEET exam is 10 + 2 with PCB stream from recognised board with at least 50% marks.
29th May 2019, 07:42 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NEET is National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. It is conducted by NTA for admission in medical courses.

The required minimum eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board with PCB as main paper and scored 50% aggregate.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination with maximum qualification of std 10th.
11th June 2019, 01:26 PM
Deepanshu3010

NO, you cannot apply for NEET after completion of 10th.

First of all you have to complete your class 12th with Physics, chemistry and biology.
Other criteria are your minimum age should be 17 years and maximum can apply upto 25 years.

So, firstly complete your class 12th with good marks and then apply for NEET.
12th June 2019, 06:18 PM
palabhishek1499

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.
Eligibility criteria for NEET is as follows:
(1)One should have qualified 12th class with 50% marks for General, while for OBC/SC/ST is 40%.
(2)MINIMUM AGE is 17 years.
(3)MAXIMUM AGE for UR is 25,while for others reservation caste is 30 years.
15th June 2019, 07:25 AM
Sayantidas

No, you are not eligible to apply for NEET exam after completion of 10th because minimum educational qualification required to appear in NEET exam is 10 + 2 with PCB stream from recognised board with at least 50% marks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?