12th January 2011, 02:53 PM
ashishp

Can I apply for Civil Services preliminary exam during final year of graduation?

Dear Sir,

I am in final year of graduation & will be completing in june 2011.am i eligible for preliminary exam 2011 which is going to execute in may 2011?

Kindly let me at the earliest?

17th January 2011, 02:20 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I apply for Civil Services preliminary exam during final year of graduation?

For appearing UPSC preliminary you must have a graduate and age between 21 to 30 years.

General candidate got 4 times opportunity to appear examination,so if you appear this examination you will loose a chance to appear.So prepare wee and sit for it.
18th January 2011, 01:11 PM
abhimanyu2688

Default Re: Can I apply for Civil Services preliminary exam during final year of graduation?

yes you can apply for ias exam during final year of graduation as an appearing candidate but on certain conditions which must be fulfilled at the time of counselling or interview as the case may be.
26th February 2011, 03:05 AM
RATAN SINGH RATHORE
Senior Member+

HI DEAR FRIEND,

Yes,you can apply for civil services preliminary exam.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:-

(1) EDUCATION QUALIFICATION-
Complete your graduation

(2) Age limit-
age between 21 to 30 years.

(3) NO of attemp-
for GEN candidate:4 time
for OBC candidates:7 time
for SC/ST condidate:any time

FOR more details please go to the official website:-
www.upsc.gov.com

BEST WISHES FOR YOUR FUTURE............................
2nd March 2011, 02:49 AM
KHOPRI DADA
Banned

hiiiiiiiiii,

yes you can apply for ias exam during final year of graduation as an appearing candidate but on certain conditions which must be fulfilled at the time of counselling or interview as the case may be.

FOR more details please go to the official website:-
www.upsc.gov.com

good luck...........
4th March 2011, 12:58 PM
mannubhu1

Eligibility for CIVIL services exam are-

Age Limit

i. A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
ii. The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:

a. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
b. upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.

And he should atleast have graduation from recognised institute.

If your qualification fulfills this criteria, then you can apply for it.

For more details you can visit www.upsc.gov.in
7th March 2011, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

can i apply in civil services [preliminary] exam 2011?i am in B.sc 3rd year student
9th March 2011, 04:04 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Services Exams :

1.Age limit
21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year
Maximum 30 for general category,
33 for OBCs and
35 for SCs/STs .

2. Educational Qualifications:

Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification

If you fulfill the above mentioned eligibility criteria,then you can go for civil services Exam.

regards
Kapila
5th April 2011, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

sir m in 2nd year,doing engineering.i hv IT branch n i wanna go in civil sector ..please suggest me what should i do..
26th April 2011, 04:32 PM
aaqibyousf

You can apply for ias only after completing your graduation.
15th August 2012, 06:22 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Services Exams :

1.Age limit
21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year
Maximum 30 for general category,
33 for OBCs and
35 for SCs/STs .

2. Educational Qualifications:

Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification

If you fulfill the above mentioned eligibility criteria,then you can go for civil services Exam.

Thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?