7th September 2011, 09:33 AM
deepakcsit.verma

Can I apply for Engineering Services Exam being a candidate pursuing final year BE? Syllabus for this Exam?

I am B.E final year student. can i applicable for engineering service exammination.& i want to know syllabus of the exammination.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to appear in UPSC exams for B.Tech(IT) 3rd year student?
  2. What is the procedure to become a custom officer?
  3. How to become a custom officer after completing UG?
  4. Can i apply for Custom Officer post with T.Y.B.Com? -- [New]
  5. Can I be eligible for custon officer? I am a HSc commerce student
  6. What is the eligibility for RRB exam? I am a final year candidate pursuing B.Tech in electrical engineering
  7. How can I become a custom inspector?
  8. What should I do to enter custom officer? What is the qualification?
  9. How to apply for PGCET Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech course? Information regarding pattern for this Exam? Last date to apply for this Exam?
  10. Can I appear for AIEEE Exam for the year 2012 being a candidate pursuing final year of Diploma course in Computer Technology? What syllabus should I prepare for this Exam?
  11. Can I apply for SBI PO Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of BE?
  12. How can I become a commissioner of income tax?
  13. How to apply for Internships in Companies for my project work being a candidate of pursuing final year of BE in ECE?
  14. How to apply for Jobs in Navy being a candidate of pursuing final year of Mechanical Engineering?
  15. Am I eligible to apply for DRDO Entrance Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of Diploma in Electrical Engineering?
  16. Syllabus for SAIL Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation?
  17. NET exam after B.Sc and MBA pursuing final year? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Am I eligible to apply for UGC-NET if pursuing final year of Master's Degree in Visual Arts? Detailed information and syllabus of UGC-NET for Visual Arts?
7th September 2011, 12:20 PM

Default Re: Can I apply for Engineering Services Exam being a candidate pursuing final year BE? Syllabus for this Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakcsit.verma View Post
I am B.E final year student. can i applicable for engineering service exammination.& i want to know syllabus of the exammination.
yes, you can apply for the IES but make sure that u shud get your degree within the time limit of upsc to submit it.Detailed syllabus will be displayed on the website and in the employment newspaper.you can goto the www.upsc.gov.in for the sylllabus.
10th September 2011, 10:30 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Engineering Services Exam being a candidate pursuing final year BE? Syllabus for this Exam?

Quote:
IES Stands for Engineering Services examination and this examination was Conducted by UPSC Every year, For this year IES Examination was already completed. For this examination Only Engineering Graduates are eligible, The Recruitment on the results of this examination will be made to the Posts under the following categories -

>> Civil Engineering.
>> Mecahnical Engineering.
>> Electrical Engineering.
>> Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.

>> So, If you are in your Final year BE Course then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination. So If you have Pursuing your BE Degree course in any one of the discipline then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination.

>> To apply for this examination your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

The Notification was Published in the employment newspaper or in the UPSC website, Eligible candidates may fill the application form of IES Online. The online application fees was Rs 50 and If you have apply offline then you have to pay the Rs 100. The offline application form can be obtained directly form the Post offices in India, So, If you are Interested in IES Examination, then please apply for this examination next year, the dates and schedule for Next year examination was already updated in the UPSC website.

>> The Notification of this examination was published in the month of February i.e on 25/Feb/2012.

>> So, Please wait for the next year IES Examination Notification and then apply for this examination and for more Information check the official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
10th September 2011, 10:50 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

Eligibility Criteria for IES:

Age limit:*Age must be more than 21 years and less than 30 years. The upper age relaxation for SC, ST, Government servants is 5 years; for OBC is 3 years and for physically challenged is 10 years.

Educational qualification:*

IES is eligible for given below department of engineering.

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

Nationality:*The applicant must be citizen of India, subject of Nepal, Bhutan, Tibetan refugee, Indian origin who have migrated from selected countries in order to settle in India permanently.

Attempts:

For General - 4 times
For SC/ST - No limit
For OBC - 7 tines

thanks
10th September 2011, 10:51 AM
Aninkanti

As,you are in your Final year BE Course then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination.

Eligibility for IES examination:-

**Only those students are eligiable who haver compleate their Engineering in Civil Engineering,Mecahnical Engineering,Electrical Engineering and Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering

**Age should between 21 to 30 years.

The Notification of this examination was published in the month of February on 25/Feb/2012.For this year IES have already compleated.
The Notification is Published in the employment newspaper or in the UPSC website, Eligible candidates may fill the application form of IES Online.

For more Information please check the official website -

www.upsc.gov.in

Best of luck!
10th September 2011, 12:04 PM
malek basit

hello member

There are three All India Services of the Government of India. They are the Indian Administrative Service, the Indian Foreign Service and the Indian Police Service.

The main exam consists of the following papers:
• Paper I - One Indian language. Marks-300
• Paper II – English. Marks-300
• Paper III – Essay. Marks-200
• Paper IV&V - General Studies. Marks-300 each
• Paper VI-IX - Any two subjects (optional papers to be selected by the candidate). There are two papers. Marks-300 each
10th September 2011, 12:37 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

IES i.e. Indian Engineering Services examination is conducted by UPSC every year. Only Engineering Graduates are eligible for this exam. There are four areas of recruitment-Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.
If you are in your Final year then you are eligible to apply.
Your age should be within 21 to 30 years.
The Notification is Published in the "Employment News" or you will get it in the UPSC website-http://upsc.gov.in
10th September 2011, 02:51 PM
sandeepsonipoly

Quote:
i am b.e final year student. Can i applicable for engineering service exammination.& i want to know syllabus of the exammination.
deepak u can apply for ies exam because final year student also eligible for ies but before result u can submit ur result.
Ies exam conduct by upse every year with civil,mechanical,et&t and electrical branch.
In 2012 organized by upse on 25 feb so that time u can see all detain on that and become a ies.for more detail on ies log on to upse.gov.in
best of luch deepak
10th September 2011, 04:20 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, you can appear in IES exam during the final year of B.E course..
IES exam is a civil service exam which is conducted by UPSC every year.
Eligibility for IES exam:-

1.The candidate must have complete the graduation in engineering field.
2.The candidate must not have any pending backlogs during graduation.
3.The candidate can also appear in IES exam during final year of graduation.

Age eligibility:-

1.The age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

So, as you are in final year of your BE course then you are surely eligible for the exam..

All the best.
10th September 2011, 04:56 PM
divyashri rajwaniya

Smile Re: Can I apply for Engineering Services Exam being a candidate pursuing final year BE? Syllabus for this Exam?

Quote:
Gudnoon..

Yes u can apply for the Engineering Services examination and this examination is conducted by UPSC every year. Now u can apply for this exam next year only.
For this examination only engineering graduates are eligible and recruitment on the basis of this exam will be the following branches of engg.
Civil Engineering ;Mecahnical Engineering; Electrical Engineering; Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.

ELIGIBILITY:
Candidates applying for Engineering Services Exam should have an engineering degree from a recognized institute or be in their final year and your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.
The selection through Engineering Services Examination is through two stages: Written Tests & Personality Test. Only the candidates who qualify the written tests are called for personality test. The written tests are of 1000 marks while personality test is of 200 marks.
HOW TO APPLY:
The Notification will be published in the employment newspaper or in the UPSC website.
Eligible candidates can fill the application form of IES by 2 ways:
1) Online mode: The online application fees is Rs 50 and
2) Offline: application fees is Rs 100 and can be easily obtained directly form the Post offices in India.
The notifications regarding the examination will be available the month of February i.e on or around 25/Feb/2012.
For more Information check the official website -
http://upsc.gov.in

i hope this information will be helpful to you!
BEST OF LUCK!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?