13th June 2011, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for GATE exam after completing graduation in B.Com and PG in MCM(Master Computer Management)?

I will completed my graduation in B.Com And post Graduation in MCM(Master Computer management) Can I apply for the GATE Examination

23rd July 2011, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply for GATE exam after completing graduation in B.Com and PG in MCM(Master Computer Management)?

what kind job i get after completing B.com with computers? pls......... hurry!
15th December 2011, 03:50 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I apply for GATE exam after completing graduation in B.Com and PG in MCM(Master Computer Management)?

Hi

GATE - GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGINEERING

This exam is an all India entrance examination and it is held by the IIT's in order to select candidates for the M.Tech courses in them, NIT's, BITS and many other good colleges.

Eligibility Criteria for the GATE exam ::

1. The candidate much be a graduate in B.E/B.tech/B.Arch/B.Pharmacy with a minimum 50% aggregate in it and it should be done from a recognized university or college.

2. No limits to the no. of attempts and age are prescribed for the GATE.

Now coming to your case, as you say that you are a B.Com graduate and also PG in MCM. But still I am sorry to tell you that you are not eligible to sit for the GATE exam.

You may try for the NET exam, or other PH.D level exams in our country, but GATE is solely for the Science streamed student.

Hope this helps

Regards
#RJ#
15th December 2011, 04:47 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear

Criteria for apply GATE exam;-

Candidate pass graduation degree minimu 50% mark

So candidate eligible to apply GATE exam 2012.

Good Luck.....................
15th December 2011, 09:07 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
GATE is a aptitude exam conducted for Engineers . With this the aspirant can apply for masters degree as well as for job in public sector companies.
The eligibility for applying for the exam is
1.The aspirant should have completed bachelor degree in engineering from recognised university.
final year aspirant can also apply for the exam
2.aspirant with masters degree in science, mathematics are also eligible for the exam
3.There is no age limit for applying for the exam. The score is valid for a duration of two years
As you have not obtained your degree in engineering you are not eligible for the exam.
31st January 2012, 04:23 PM
selva786

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for GATE exam after completing graduation in B.Com and PG in MCM(Master Computer Management)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I will completed my graduation in B.Com And post Graduation in MCM(Master Computer management) Can I apply for the GATE Examination
You couldn't appear for GATE exam after the completion of B.com .Because this disciplines not in the list of GATE syllabus.
15th May 2012, 02:53 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

This exam is an all India entrance examination and it is held by the IIT's in order to select candidates for the M.Tech courses in them, NIT's, BITS and many other good colleges.Eligibility Criteria for the GATE exam ::
The candidate much be a graduate in B.E/B.tech/B.Arch/B.Pharmacy with a minimum 50% aggregate in it and it should be done from a recognized university or college. No limits to the no. of attempts and age are prescribed for the GATE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?