22nd September 2012, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

How to take M.Tech if I am a student of BCA?

am a student of bca and i want to take the mtech...please tell me

1st December 2012, 04:59 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to take M.Tech if I am a student of BCA?

You can not do M.Tech course after BCA. You will need to do post graduation to apply for Master of Technology course. The post graduation course I am talking about is Master of Computer Applications.

Unless you do MCA, there is no way to take admission for M.Tech. Now it is up to you to decide whether to do M.Tech or not. In any case I believe you will have to do MCA. There aren't enough good jobs for Bachelor of Computer Application graduate.

So you should first think about doing Master of Computer Applications. To do so, you must have scored at least 50 percent marks in Bachelor of Computer Applications. Only then you are eligible to apply for Master of Computer Applications.

Here are few entrance exams for MCA admission:

Integrated Common Entrance Examination

All India MCA Entrance Examination

West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam

Birla Institute of Technology Entrance Exam

Orissa Joint Entrance Exam

Once you have completed MCA, appear for the General Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) if want admission for M.Tech. A lot of people don't know that M.Sc and MCA graduates are also eligible to appear for GATE entrance exam.

Now the obvious question would be that should you apply for M.Tech after completing MCA. There are many good jobs that you can fetch after MCA as well. So the answer is that you should only do M.Tech if you fail to get good job with MCA degree. Otherwise it is not recommended to do M.Tech.

1st December 2012, 06:33 PM

my dear
you are student of bca now.but for m.tech you should the passed or final year of master degree courses or bachelor of technology or engineering.bca is a degree course firstly you should do master degree in any streem,but math is neccessary subject for it in post graduation.
YOU CAN DO M.TECH FROM MANY UNIVERSITY AND INSTITUTE LIKE NIT OR DU OR BHU STATE GOVERNMENT TECHNICAL UNIVERSITIES UPTU,DTU,
AFTER COMPLETING MASTER DEGREE U CAN APPLY FOR M.TECH

29th May 2013, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

arts student can do mtech

24th June 2014, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

sir i want do m.tech .but i am 12th arts student and i doing bca final year so you guide me plz([email protected])

5th April 2015, 01:06 AM
secret29
Senior Member+

If you have decided for the M.Tech course after the graduation in BCA then you will have to crack the GATE (Graduate aptitude test for engineering) to take admission in M.tech course.
Once you will crack this entrance exam then your gate rank will be valid for the three years.

You will become eligible to take admission in any of the next three years.Once you crack the GATE entrance exam you need to attend the counselling process very carefully because once you lock the choice of your college then you will have to take admission in that.

Some of the college in which you can get any seat on the basis of your GATE rank is given as below:--->>

Indian Institute of technology,Kanpur
Birla Institute of Technology and science,Pilani
MNIT,Allahabad
DAIICT,Gandhinagar
Indian Institute of technology,chennai
ndian Institute of technology,Delhi
Thapar University,Punjab
Indian Institute of technology,Mumbai
NIT,Patna
Indian Institute of technology,Kharagpur
NIT,Wrrangal
Indian Institute of technology,Roorkee
Indian Institute of technology,Guwahati
NIT,Trichy
Banaras hindu university,Banaras
NIT,Raipur
NIT,Jamshedpur
Indian School of mines,Dhanbad
Jadavpur university,Jadavpur
Birla Institute of technology Mesra,Ranchi

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?