11th July 2011, 01:59 AM
r.gaqrg

Can I apply for IAS having completed my Graduation through Distance Education?

i did my graduation frm open distance mode university can i apply for IAS.??? could any one reply me.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for IAS after completing graduation from distance learning education?
  2. How to do LLB through distance education? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can Graduates through distance education apply for DO exam?
  4. Can I be eligible to apply for IAS or IPS after completing degree in distance education
  5. Can I sit for SSC, JAM, IAS, CAT, Film entrance after completing graduation from distance education
  6. Can I apply for IAS after completion of graduation in distance mode? -- [New]
  7. Name of Universities in Mumbai offering LLB through distance education? Admission procedure and last date to apply for the same?
  8. Whether B.Com distance education students are eligible for sudying MBA or not?
  9. Am I eligible to study Master of Physical Education through Distance Education if completed Graduation?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for job in Wipro if I have completed my graduation course from Mahatma Gandhi University in distance mode?
  11. Can I appear for IAS after doing service in Indian Navy and graduation from Annamalai University by distance education?
  12. Can I be eligible for distance education after completing graduation in BBA with 47%?
  13. Is it possible to fill IAS prelims form using 2nd graduation degree?
  14. is it possible to get education loan for doing LLB through distance education?
  15. Am I eligible to do BA graduation twice?
  16. Can I apply for IAS exam after scoring 50% in BCA and 60% in MCA through distance education?
  17. Which are the distance education universities which offer B.Ed programme without demanding Teaching Experience?
  18. How can I go for LLB after doing MBA in HR? I have 1 year experience in HR
12th July 2011, 05:35 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS having completed my Graduation through Distance Education?

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.gaqrg View Post
i did my graduation frm open distance mode university can i apply for IAS.??? could any one reply me.
Yes, If your University Was Recognised by UGC or any other government authority, then yes you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services examination. And To become a IAS Officer You need to complete your Graduation degree course from a recognised university And your age should between 21 to 30 years. The Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC, ST and for OBC Candidates.

So, If your college was recognised then yes you are eligible to apply for IAS Examination. So, to become IAS Officer You need to apply for UPSC Civil services examination and the examination was held every year in two stages, First Preliminary exam and then Main examination.

he Notification was published in the employment newspaper or in the UPSC official website the notification generally published in the month of February every year. Firstly you have to crack the preliminary examination and then you are eligible to apply for Main examination. The Preliminary examination pattern was changed and this examination was compulsory for all and in this examination there are 2 papers of same marks and same duration.

Eligible candidates may fill the online application form from the official UPSC website And general candidates will gets only 4 attempts to crack this examination, The pattern are availiable in the Given Notification, So i have attached the notification please read the notification properly, if you want to crack the UPSC Civil services examination.

http://upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 116 views)
12th July 2011, 05:43 PM
nambardar
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS having completed my Graduation through Distance Education?

yes, you surely go for IAS exam if your university is fully approved.

Eligibility Criteria For IAS

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification .

(iii) No. of permissible attempts :

Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs (Para 3 (iv) of Notice)

(iv) Fee :

Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)
12th July 2011, 06:11 PM
Gita Irudhayaraj
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Can I apply for IAS having completed my Graduation through Distance Education?

Quote:
Hi friend, Yes, you can surely do IAS. It is an very prestigious exam too.

Civil service exam can be applied by anyone of the citizens of India.

But their graduation shouls recognized by UGC act.

Age limit 21-30. If SC or ST candidates can have 5 years relaxation.

Please visit some of the websites:
www.onestopias.com
www.upscportal.com
www.civilservicetimes.com

etc.,

All the best
@ Gita @
12th July 2011, 06:27 PM
Uttam Nandi

YES, you can apply for IAS examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
Minimum qualification for IAS exam is bachelor's degree from a recognised university.
It doesn't matter you have completed you graduation in distance mode. Bachelor's degree earned by corresponding course carry the same value.
You haven't mentioned from where you have completed your graduation. Make sure if your degree is recognised or not. If you have done your bachelor's degree from IGNOU or any other recognised university you wil have no problem to write IAS exam.
All the best
12th July 2011, 07:33 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

the qualifications requirement to sit for UPSC-IAS exam is given below

1.minimum qualification graduation in any subject, with 55% marks in graduation.

2.Age limit is 21-29 years.

if your university is UGC approved then your eligible.

all the best.
12th July 2011, 07:40 PM
ROHIT1THAKUR

Eligibility Criteria For IAS

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification.

so, you can apply.
12th July 2011, 08:23 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

IAS is an exam that makes you to enter into the competative world and make you to get the top posts such as DC and DSP and ACP so on..

You can take any course as your graduation course, be it distance education or full time education.

Because to become an IAS you should have completed your graduation first in any stream from any recognized university....that is the only educational criteria.

So you are absolutely eligible for IAS.

Another thing is Your age should be between 21 years and 30 years.
[33 years for Sc/ST]

official website-- http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th July 2011, 08:23 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

no. you can't apply for IAS having completed your Graduation through Distance Education.

the criteria which is required to apply for IAS is given below

1.minimum graduation qualification in regular mode.

2.50% marks in graduation.

3.age limit 21-29 years.

for more information check-www.upsc.gov.in.

all the best............
13th July 2011, 12:54 AM
ankitsharma

Yes, you can apply for IAS Exam, if your university is UGC AND DEC approved. Degrees obtained through distance education are equivalent to regular degrees. Just you have to fill up the form of UPSC and clear written exams and interview to become IAS.
So start preparation as early as possible.
14th July 2011, 05:09 PM
Vikas Abhishek

Quote:
Yes,you can apply for IAS exam if you have done your graduation from distance education.
The eligibility to apply for IAS exam is to have a bachelor's degree from a recognised university.
Your age should be above 21 years and below 30 years.
Best of luck.
21st July 2011, 09:31 AM
Unregistered

i have not got my degree yet but i have the passing certificates of all the three years of my graduation..am i eligible to apply for IAS mains exam.. i have not got the degree frm university yet though i hve completed my graduation since two years
31st August 2011, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

i have complete by degree B C A in madras university. So i have eligible for IAS?
3rd September 2011, 03:07 PM
belide
Senior Member+++

Yes if your university is recognised bi UGC you are eligible..what ever may be the type of education if you are with graduation from reputed college you are eligible for IAS.
All the best.
3rd September 2011, 06:24 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
the minimum requirements laid by the UPSC for the Civil Service Exams is that you should be a graduate from a recognized college of India and you should be between the age limit of 21-30 years..so yes,you are eligible if your college is recognized..there is no such problem of distant-learning or regular..you should just have the degree..all the best..
3rd September 2011, 07:41 PM
lovebirdskarun
Senior Member+

the graduation through distance education is enough for the civil service examination

other eligibility are
1. should be 21 years
2. should be an indian citizen

age limit

general 21-30 years
obc 21-33 years
sc/st 21-35 years only

more details

www.upsc.gov.in
4th September 2011, 01:23 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You wants to appear in IAS exam, which is conducted by UPSC every year..

Before appearing in this exam , you have to fulfill some criteria..

Eligibility criteria:-

*The candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade from a recognized university.
*The candidates age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the age relaxation is 3 years.

As you have done your graduation from an open university then you can appear in IAS exam , if that university is AICTE or UGC approved..
Check out that your university is a recognized one or not..

All the best.
18th September 2011, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

sir , i complete my graduation i have guide opt . syllabus i like pub .ad & geophysics pl which books refer to me marthi.
22nd September 2011, 08:35 PM
dil-jale

hi dear,

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Yes,you can apply for IAS exam if you have done your graduation from distance education.

Those candiadte have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candiadte is 3years and for SC/ST candiadte is 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of india.

For more details you can visit UPSC own website.

thanks
24th September 2011, 02:27 AM
Unregistered

i am completad ba(ous) from eilim university can i apply for IAS.
25th January 2012, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

sir, ihave completed by degree through distance in IGNOU so any problem of civil serveces tel me pls
12th July 2012, 01:22 AM
Unregistered

i completed 10th on 1999, after 10 years i finished the BA History Through distance education in Annamalai University, since from childhood have interest in IAS, it is possible to do IAS,Now my age is 29.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?