26th January 2011, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IES examination if I have less than 60% marks in B.E.(Instrumentation and Control)?

My branch is instrumentaion and control and i got bellow 60% marks.i am elligible are not for ies.

26th January 2011, 03:33 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I apply for IES examination if I have less than 60% marks in B.E.(Instrumentation and Control)?

hi!

Yes, of course you can apply for IES exam.

IES exam eligibility is as follows:

Educational qualification - Candidate must hold a bachelors degree in engineering in any discipline obtained from a recognised university. Final year candidates can also apply.

There is no minimum percentage requirement.

Age limit - A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination. The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases

For more details visit: www.upsc.gov.in
26th January 2011, 04:20 PM
manyas

Default Re: Can I apply for IES examination if I have less than 60% marks in B.E.(Instrumentation and Control)?

hey..frnd....

there's no percentage required to give an IES examination.....

you can apply 4 it..no....tensions,,no worries....

REGARDS:
Manya Sethi
^_^
26th January 2011, 06:15 PM
Maxsteel

Yes you can give the exam because there is no Percentage barrier in IES
26th January 2011, 06:24 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My branch is instrumentaion and control and i got bellow 60% marks.i am elligible are not for ies.
sorry but the minimum eligibility qualification needed to give the IES exam is that the student must have done engineering from any field with atleast 60% marks. since your percentage is below that, i don,t think that you are eligible for the exam.
26th January 2011, 07:35 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Yes,

you are eligible for IES exam as the eligibility is qualified for you. You should be a graduate

and in the electronics and instrumentation branch.

So,prepare well for the exam and do well.

best wishes.
26th January 2011, 07:36 PM
amahajan

Smile Re: Can I apply for IES examination if I have less than 60% marks in B.E.(Instrumentation and Control)?

Hello

Minimum Educational Qualification

Candidate obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature inIES exam i India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956. There is not any percentage criteria and you can fill the form for IES exam.
26th January 2011, 09:10 PM
Tushar93

Talking Re: Can I apply for IES examination if I have less than 60% marks in B.E.(Instrumentation and Control)?

Yes you can very much apply as only bachelor's degree i.e. graduation is required from a recognized university. There is no cutoffs. For further details go to www.upsc.gov.in
26th January 2011, 11:39 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

for IES examination the eligibility criterion is you should have a graduate degree from engineering branch. but i think all engineering branch are not eligible for IES examination. only a few branch are eligible. visit the website http://www.upsc.gov.in for more details about your branch are eligible or not.

but there are no minimum marks criterion. so you are eligible from marks criterion. your age must be between 21 to 30 at the time when you are applying if you are a general candidate. there are few years of relaxation for reserved candidate. all details are available on the website along with notification date and examination date. check it out.

best wishes.
26th January 2011, 11:55 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

hello friend .........
the eligibility criteria for the IES exam includes minimum of 60% of marks in the graduation or the b tech degree......
so according to me you would not be eligible for the IES exam ........
26th January 2011, 11:55 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Friend;
For IES exam there is no limit of percentage in graduation. The eligibility for IES exam is graduation (from any engineering branch) but some branch are not eligible. For more information please visit the website http//www.upsc.gov.in.
Please see the website that your branch is eligible or not.
all the best.
26th January 2011, 11:57 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

hello friend .........
the eligibility criteria for the IES exam includes minimum of 60% of marks in the graduation or the b tech degree......
so according to me you would not be eligible for the IES exam ........
27th January 2011, 04:24 PM
rahul_kumar066

Yes you can apply for ies exams. Minimum creteria is b.tech from authorised university with 60%.
Visit www.upsc.gov.in for more informatiom
27th January 2011, 04:44 PM
rks_estate

Dear Friend,

You can not apply for IES examination because you have scored less than 60% marks in B.E.(Instrumentation and Control).

IES examination conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service commission).

IES recruitment is done for four categories: -
1. Civil Engineering,
2. Mechanical Engineering,
3. Electrical Engineering and
4. Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.

Eligibility Criteria IES examination: - A candidates have an engineering degree from a recognized institute / university and final year appearing candidates can also apply.

Age : - A candidate should be more than 21 years and less than 30 years of age.

All the Best
28th January 2011, 12:32 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Can I apply for IES examination if I have less than 60% marks in B.E.(Instrumentation and Control)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well friend,

As IES i.e Indian Engineering Services Exam Doesn't specify the minimum marks @ Degree Level. There fore you are Eligibile for the IES exam.

From Eligibility point of view
a guy can write IES exam only when he is having Any bachelor's Degree in his hand. Even a final year guy can write IES exam.

Good luck.
28th January 2011, 02:04 AM
abhimanyu2688

Hello Friend,
The Eligibility for IES Exam is:
Degree in engineering
age limit is 21 to 30 years.
Details is attached in the message, please go through it.
Details can also be checked on www.upsc.gov.in
Good Luck.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Engg2011_ENG.pdf(143.4 KB, 113 views)
25th February 2011, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

CAN I APPLY FOR IES, 1 HAVE LESS THAN 50% MARKS.....................
28th July 2011, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

is section a of amie is exempted for deegree holder
20th August 2011, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

@prashantmeghalia & kumarpravir007: "When you 2 guys are not having any idea about eligibilty criteria, then why are you making the bluff? You are just beating around the bush. Anybody having graduation in Engineering (irrespective of any marks liability ) can appear in Engineering Service Exam
20th August 2011, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

@prashantmeghalia & kumarpravir007: "When you 2 guys are not having any idea about exact eligibility criteria, why are you making others fool? You are just beating around the bush. Eligibility criteria for Engineering Service Exam is a pass in BE/B.Tech.
20th August 2011, 01:51 PM
adamsingh

@prashantmeghalia & kumarpravir007: "When you 2 guys don't have any idea about the exact eligibility criteria, then why are you making others fool? You are just beating about the bush. Eligibility criteria for Engineering Service Exam is a pass in BE/B.Tech.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?