29th August 2012, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for lateral entry test after completing Mechanical Engineering diploma from Karnataka State Open University

i am campleted mechanical engineearingdiploma from karnataka state open university in regular batch ,can i apply for lateral entry test?

Related Questions:
  1. How to do B.Tech from Karnataka State Open University after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  2. How to do B.Tech from Karnataka State Open University after completing diploma in mechanical engineerin
  3. How to get lateral Entry in B.E courses who have passed diploma from outside Karnataka?
  4. Procedure to apply for B.E. 2nd year through lateral entry in Karnataka Regional Engineering College, Suratkal through JEE Mains for Diploma in ME student?
  5. Is Karnataka State Open University approved by AICTE?
  6. What is the procedure for admission for outsider in Karnataka through lateral entry? I have completed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 68%
  7. How to opt for lateral entry MSc one year degree from Karnataka Open State University
  8. Eligibility criteria for lateral entry in B.E(Mechanical Engineering)? What is the cutoff mark for lateral entry in B.E?
  9. Is Karnataka state open university approved? I have completed diploma in mechanical engineering
  10. Can I get government jobs in Karnataka after passing from Karnataka State Open University?
  11. Is Karnataka state open university approved by AICTE, UGC, DCE? I have completed my diploma in mechanical engineering
  12. Which college to get admission for B.Tech lateral entry after completing Diploma?
  13. How to do diploma in Civil Engineering course in Karnataka State Open University
  14. Can I apply for Government job in West Bengal if I have completed diploma course from Karnataka state? -- [New]
  15. After completing diploma in ECE at AP how can I join lateral entry in Karnataka or Tamilnadu?
  16. Can I apply for lateral entry test in Kerala University while pursuing diploma in Karnataka?
  17. Can I apply for PWD after completing diploma in Karnataka open state
  18. Requirements for Lateral Entry in B.E. course. for outsiders? -- [Most Discussed]
27th October 2012, 10:03 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for lateral entry test after completing Mechanical Engineering diploma from Karnataka State Open University

hi,
Leet exam stands for lateral entry engineering test.
Eligibility:-
>yot must be passed diploma engineering from a recognized university.
>your percentage will be above 60%.
>there will be no backlogs.
>maximum age limit is 28 years.
Exam pattern of LEET Exam :
There will be two papers as per details given below:
Paper I General
Paper II Professional
Duration of test : 180 minutes (150 Questions)
The question paper will contain multiple choice objective type questions of one mark each.
Paper-I : Contain 60 questions in all with 15 questions in each of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English.
Paper-II : Contain 90 questions in the relevant engineering
Best of luck,,.,,,,,
3rd November 2012, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply for lateral entry test after completing Mechanical Engineering diploma from Karnataka State Open University

i have completed diploma in IETE, Central Board. Can i apply for the LET test which is going to start on 2013. i want more details about the ENtrance exam. EmaiL :[email protected]
23rd January 2013, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

I have completed diploma engineering in Civil from Karnataka State Open University with 70% marks. Am i eligible for lateral entry in WBJELET exam?
Please send me reply at [email protected]
23rd May 2013, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

I got direct second year in diploma in mechanical engineering after 2.could i attend leet exam(tamilnadu).my id -'[email protected]'.thank you
15th June 2013, 01:36 AM
Unregistered

After completing mechanical diploma from Ksou can i get lateral entry in calicut university colleges
15th June 2013, 11:29 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Karnataka Open University is a recognized college therefore you can appear for the lateral entry entrance exams to get admission in Bachelor of Technology.

The lateral entry scheme is offered to the diploma holders and the Bachelor of Science degree holders. What lateral entry scheme means is that you will get admission in the second year of B.Tech course.

You will not be required to do first year thus the B.Tech course will become a 3 years long graduation course for you.

This is what Lateral entry scheme means. It is quite common these days. Most colleges reserve some seats to be given under the lateral entry scheme. Most colleges but not the Indian Institutes of Technology or National Institutes of Technology.

These prestigious universities do not have lateral entry scheme. But this does not mean that you can not take admission in IITs or NITs. That is incorrect. You can take admission but for the full 4 years course.

Now it will be up to you to decide whether you will do 4 years course from NITs and IITs or take lateral entry admission.

If the answer is 4 years course then you will have to appear for the Joint Entrance Exam. There are two stages of it. First is JEE Mains which is necessary to get admission in NITs and the second is JEE Advanced which is for IIT admission. To get admission in IIT you will have to clear both the stages.

However you always have the option to forget about IITs and NITs and take admission through lateral entry scheme. For which you will have to appear for the Lateral Entry Engineering Test.

LEET Eligibility

1. Must have completed 3 years diploma from AICTE recognized college.

2. 60 percent marks in the diploma course.

LEET is not the only entrance exam. Some colleges have their separate entrance exams which can also be taken.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?