28th July 2022, 06:42 PM
Joohi jaiswal

Can I apply for PhD? Or first I have to do M.Ed?

Dear experts, I have done MA(Eng.) with 47% marks, PGDBA(DL) with 62% marks and pursuing B.ed(final year). Can I apply for PhD? Or first I have to do M.Ed?
Please guide.
Thank you

31st July 2022, 04:37 PM
Msdhoni02

Default Re: Can I apply for PhD? Or first I have to do M.Ed?

1. You should apply for PhD.

2. Eligibility criteria include a Master's degree or M. Phil with 55% marks from the recognized university for General Category students, For the reserved category, students have 50% Marks with PG.

3. Admission to this course is based on the admission test.
31st July 2022, 05:14 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for PhD? Or first I have to do M.Ed?

You can apply for PhD and to do PhD you do not have to complete MEd. If you want to become a teacher of Higher secondary classes then you can opt for MEd and if you want to become a professor then you can opt for PhD. It is completely your choice as per your future career plans. The qualification required for PhD is a candidate must have passed a master's degree in the relevant subject from a recognized university. Admission selection is done on the basis of performance in the entrance test followed by an interview.

The qualification required for the MEd course is a candidate must have passed a master's degree from a recognized university. If you have done a BEd then also you can further study MEd as per your career requirement.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?