5th July 2011, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for SBI PO Exam after completing BCA from IGNOU? Eligibility for SBI PO Exam?

can i apply for sbi po entrance exam after completing bca from ignou? Any one tell me the required eligibility criteria for this exam

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for IBPS, SBI PO and Clerk exam after completing bCA from IGNOU with 68% marks
  2. Am I eligible to apply for SBI Po entrance exam after completing BCA graduation?
  3. Can I apply for SBI PO exam while doing EEE? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Previous year papers of SBI PO Exam? What is the eligibility for SBI PO Exam?
  5. Last 5 years question papers of SBI clerical exam?
  6. Can I appear for another SBI PO Exam having attempted 2 times previously for SBI PO Exam and 2 times for SBI Associate Banks PO Exam?
  7. Can I apply for SBI PO Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year BCA? When will I be able to apply for this Exam?
  8. Eligibility to apply in SBI PO exam for Indian Army Aviation Officer?
  9. What is the eligibility criteria for PO in SBI?
  10. When the next SBI PO exam will be held?
  11. When the notification for SBI Clerical recruitment exam will be released? Eligibility to apply and date of SBI Clerical recruitment exam?
  12. SBI PO exam question papers? Eligibility for SBI PO exam?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for SBI PO post exam if I am current year passed out student from college?
  14. Am I eligible to apply for SBI Clerk exam if secured 58% in 12th being a 22 years old candidate? Examination date of next SBI Clerk exam?
  15. Am I eligible to apply for SBI Clerk exam if secured 68% in 12th? Examination date of next SBI Clerk exam?
  16. Can I apply for SBI Clerk Exam pursuing final year of BCA course?
  17. Eligibility for SBI PO examination after 10th with 70%, 12th with 78%, graduation with 58% and post graduation with 70%? -- [New]
  18. Eligibility for SBI and other bank jobs after education form distance University?
5th July 2011, 01:22 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for SBI PO Exam after completing BCA from IGNOU? Eligibility for SBI PO Exam?

Hi,
Yes you can apply for the PO exam of the SBI as you have completed BCA from IGNOU. The minimum Eligibility criteria for the PO exam is a candidate should be a graduate from a recognized university and he should be between 21-30 years of age.
For the SBI PO a candidate must score 55%-60% of marks in graduation.

Best wishes...
5th July 2011, 07:43 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for SBI PO Exam after completing BCA from IGNOU? Eligibility for SBI PO Exam?

Yes you are eligible for SBI PO.

Age limit: The candidate’s age limit is not below 21 years and not above
30 years (relaxation for SC/ST/OBC).

Educational qualification: Candidates should be pass with Graduation in any
discipline from a recognized university.

Selection process: 1.written examination(objective paper,discriptivepaper)
2.Group Discussion and interview basis.

Objective examination will consist of:
i.Reasoning Ability Test
ii.Quantitative Aptitude
iii.General Awareness/Computer Knowledge
iv.English Language

In discriptive paper you will have to give the answers of 5 different questions on different topic(based on social economic and some social issues).

for more information:- www.sbi.co.in
14th March 2012, 11:25 PM
ramandeep.2dec

Yes, you are. The eligibility conditions for SBI PO are:-

Age limit: Candidate age must be in between 21 years to 30 years (age relaxation for reserved candidates as per Govt guide lines i.e 3 years in upper limit for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

Educational Qualification: Any degree from a recognized University with 60% marks for General and OBC Candidates and 55% marks for SC/ST/PWD Candidates or post graduation .
29th May 2013, 05:09 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Aspirant,

The abbreviation of SBI is State Bank of India.

The abbreviation of PO is Probationary Officer.

Exactly, you can apply for State Bank of India Probationary Officer exam.

The educational qualifications regarding with State Bank of India Probationary Officer exam are below mentioned:-

# Candidates must have finished their bachelor degree in any curriculum from any approved institution.

# Candidates of last year of bachelor degree aren't preferable for this exam.

# There is no need of percentage for this exam.

Age criteria and relaxation regarding with State Bank of India Probationary Officer exam are below mentioned:-

# 21-30 years.

# Relaxation:- 3 years, 5 years and 10 years are assumed for OBC, SC/ST and PH candidates.

# Citizenship:- Must be Indian.

Thanks.
1st June 2013, 04:16 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i apply for sbi po entrance exam after completing bca from ignou? Any one tell me the required eligibility criteria for this exam
Yes you are eligible to give this exam. For more information about this exam please read the information written below carefully.

SBI PO Exam Eligibility Criteria:-
  • You should be a citizen of India.
  • To give this exam you need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.
  • Since State Bank of India has not specified any percentile therefore if you pass at graduation level that would do.
  • You should know at least the basics of computer. It is preferred if you have certificates to prove your computer skills.
  • Your age should not be less than 21 years and greater than 30 years.

Relaxation of Upper Age Limit:-
  1. Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe - 35years
  2. Other Backward Classes - 33 years
  3. Persons With Disabilities – 10 years
  4. Ex-Servicemen – 35 years
  5. Candidates from Kashmir Division – 35 years

Number of Attempts:-

~General Candidates: 4 times
~OBC Candidates: 7 times
~SC/ST Candidates: No Restrictions

Selection Procedure:-

Phase I:-

1. Objective Test- 200 marks (2 hours)
2. Descriptive Test-50 marks (1 hour)

Phase II:-

1. Group Discussion- 20 marks
2. Group Discussion (Rural)- 10 marks
3. Interview- 30 marks
4. Experience- 10 marks

Subject Areas with Weightage (Objective Test):-
  • English Language
  • General Awareness
  • Data analysis and Interpretation
  • Reasoning

Subject Areas with Weightage (Descriptive Test):-

English Language: Comprehension, Small Outline, Article and Letter Writing.

Hope this helps :-> :->
2nd June 2013, 08:45 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes you are eligible to apply for SBI PO examination .

Eligibility Criteria ::

You must be Citizen of India or subject of bhutan or subject of Nepal .

You must have a possess graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and there is no percentage criteria . Any degree holder like B.Sc / B.C.A / B.E / B.Com / B.B.A ..etc can apply for this examination and there is no specific percentage required for this examination , which mean minimum pass marks having candidate may also eligible to apply for this examination .

You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years at the time of appearing for this examination . Upper age limits is applicable for this examination . 33 years for OBC , 35 years for SC/ST , 40 years for person with disabilities , 35 years for Ex-servicemen candidates .

-->> Maximum attempts for general candidates :: 4 times
-->> Maximum attempts for OBC candidates :: 7 times
-->> Maximum attempts for SC/ST candidates :: No limits

Exam Pattern of this examinations ::
  • English Language
  • General awareness
  • Marketing
  • Computer awareness
  • Data Analysis & Data Interpretation
  • Reasoning
7th December 2013, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

Hi! I have done B. Sc from IGNOU with 64% aggregate marks, am I eligible for SBI Bank PO exam ? I read that open and distance education cannot apply. Also I read that 65% aggregate is required.
3rd April 2015, 04:10 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you can a exam apply for SBI P.O. after completing BCA from IGNOU because you have completed graduation degree from a recognized university.

The educational qualification needed to apply for P.O. is graduation degree with 60%(55%for SC/ST) marks in any stream from a recognized university or equivalent qualification recognized by central government.

Candidate should be an Indian.

The age limit is 21 to 30 years.Although, there is age relaxation according to government rules and norms based on category.

Selection process consists of written examination (objective and descriptive question papers),group discussion and interview.
3rd December 2020, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for SBI clerk with graduation without major subject?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?