27th February 2022, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for SI post without the degree?

I am doing my final year of UG degree can I apply for SI post without the degree.

28th February 2022, 08:07 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for SI post without the degree?

The eligibility to apply for the SI recruitment examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit varies with different recruitment examination.

Examination is conducted in various stages and candidates will get final selection only after qualifying in all the stages of the examination.
28th February 2022, 08:28 AM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

No, you can't apply for SI post without the degree.

Candidate needs to have a bachelor's degree from any recognized university in order to apply for this recruitment drive. Candidates belonging to Reserved category(SC/ST) must have passed intermediate or any other examination recognized by the State Government.
28th February 2022, 08:53 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to apply for SI ( Sub - Inspector ) recruitment is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Age limit varies with state and relaxation in upper age limit for the reserved category.

So, you can apply for the examination after completion of the degree.
28th February 2022, 11:48 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Degree in any discipline from a recognised institution is a pre-requisite qualification to apply for SI recruitment examination.

The examination is conducted in various stages - Written and Physical.

So, you are not eligible to apply for the examination without the degree and have to appear and qualify in all the stages of the examination for final selection.
28th February 2022, 11:59 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't apply for SI post without the degree:-

Eligibility criteria:-

The candidate should have passed graduation degree in any subject stream from a recognised board are eligible to apply for Sub Inspector post.
28th February 2022, 02:46 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Candidate needs to have bachelor's degree from any recognised university in order to apply for this recruitment drive.

Those belonging to reserved categories must have passed intermediate or any other exam recognised by the state government.

Candidates applying for the post of fire officer need to be a science graduate.
28th February 2022, 02:53 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No, you can not apply for SI post without the degree:-

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidates who have passed bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised University are eligible to pursue Sub Inspector post.

Age limit:-

The age criteria required to apply for Sub Inspector post is 21 to 30 years.

Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules to apply for Sub Inspector post.
28th February 2022, 03:08 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

If you have appeared in the final year examination, then you are eligible to apply for the post of SI.
28th February 2022, 04:26 PM
Msdhoni02

Can I apply for the SI post without the degree?

No, you can not apply for an SI post without graduation.

The candidate should be a Graduate from any stream from UGC recognized University/Institute to be eligible for this recruitment.

The candidates applying for the post of Fire Officer can need to be a Science Graduate.
28th February 2022, 04:28 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Can I apply for SI post without the degree?

The answer is No.

The age limit of a candidate applying for the post of Sub Inspector must lie between the age bracket of 18-25 years.
No prior experience is required for the posts.
28th February 2022, 04:45 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

SI stands for Sub Inspector.

The general eligibility criteria for SI post in State Police or Central Police forces:

*Candidate must have minimum academic qualification of bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

*Final year graduation candidates can also apply.

The minimum age is 20 years in some state and 21 years in some state.

You cannot apply for SI post without completing bachelor's degree.
28th February 2022, 06:03 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

To apply for the Sub Inspector post a candidate must have Indian Citizenship. The minimum educational qualification required is a candidate must have passed a bachelor's degree in any stream with a minimum score of 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university. A candidate's age must be raised between 20 to 25 years as of the last date of official notification. Applicant must have a height of 170 cm with chest of 80-85 cm to get the Sub Inspector recruitment in Police Department.
28th February 2022, 07:12 PM
periwinkle09876

To apply for the post of Sub Inspector the candidate should have minimum educational qualification of graduation in any stream from a recognised University.
You have to write the civil services examination that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year and then you can be appointed as IPS and after promotion you will be promoted to ASI and then SI.

http://upsc.gov.in
28th February 2022, 07:35 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° The minimum educational qualification required to become a Sub Inspector is graduation in any stream from a recognised university or Institute.
You have to appear in the civil services examination that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year.
You have to apply for the post of an IPS.
Once, become an IPS then after duration of three years you will be promoted to the post of assistant Sub Inspector and after three years you will be promoted to the post of sub inspector.

°°° For more information you can visit the official website
http://www.upsc.gov.in
28th February 2022, 08:36 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The first thing I would like to let you know is that the minimum education required to be a Sub-inspector is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

As far as you are concerned about the eligibility to become a Sub-inspector while being in the final year of graduation degree course then it depends on the recruitment body whether it allows the same or not as in the case Bihar Police SI recruitment the recruitment body BPPSC does not allow the final year candidates while at the same in case of Delhi Police SI recruitment the recruitment body SSC allows final year candidates to appear in the recruitment examination.

So, one cannot exactly say whether you are eligible for becoming SI while being in the final year of your graduation degree without knowing about the concerned state police of your interest.
28th February 2022, 08:52 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Post of SI is a graduation level post.

You have to be either graduate or studying in the final year of your graduation and obtain the degree till the cutoff date as mentioned in the official notification.

If you don't do any of the above cited things, you cannot apply for the post of SI.
5th March 2022, 07:33 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't apply for SI post without bachelor's degree.
Eligibility criteria for SI post:-
The candidates must have an undergraduate bachelor's degree from a recognized university to be eligible for the post of SI in West Bengal.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?