6th March 2019, 05:13 PM
madhavi jella

Can I apply for UGC NET after 9 years of passing Master? What is the UGC NET application cost?

Sir, I had completed my M.Sc Microbiology in 2010. Now, can I apply for UGC NET, 2019? If yes, then let me know when and how should I apply? Further, what is the UGC NET application cost?

12th March 2019, 09:22 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for UGC NET after 9 years of passing Master? What is the UGC NET application cost?

The full form of UGC NET is University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test.

It is now conducted by National Testing Agency. The eligibility criteria for NET examination is:

1. You must have done master's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Minimum of 55% marks in master's degree is required.

The general category application fee is Rs 800.

2. The last date to apply for June 2019 exam is 30th March 2019.
13th March 2019, 10:12 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for UGC NET after 9 years of passing Master? What is the UGC NET application cost?

Even having completed your Master's degree course in 2010, you are eligible to appear in NET ( National Eligibility Test ) if you have completed your Master's degree course with at least 55% marks ( or 50% marks in case of reserved category candidates ) from a recognized university.

Further, the cost of application is UGC NET is Rs 800 for General category candidates while Rs 400 in case of OBC categoory candidates while Rs 200 in case of candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PwD ( which might vary as application fee is subject matter of revision).

For more details and updates regarding NET, you can refer to the link www.ntanet.ac.in.
14th March 2019, 06:39 AM
S.Panicker

Yes you can, the application closes next month in April and it needs to be filled online from the website of UGC NET. The cost is Rs 800 for general category students.
Do fill the form at the earliest and buy a book to help you prepare for the exam which is partly objective and partly descriptive.
14th March 2019, 05:21 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Science stream candidates need to appear for CSIR NET exam instead of UGC NET examination.

Eligibility criteria for CSIR NET exam:

Master's degree in science stream from a recognized university.

Minimum of 55% marks in master's degree to appear for exam.

No upper age limit for exam.

The fee for general candidate is Rs 1000, Rs 500 for OBC and 250 for SC/ST/PH candidate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?