2nd September 2011, 09:45 PM
ananya.lovemyname

Can I apply for XAT after pursuing B.Tech?

i am pursuing b.tech,final year..can i apply for XAT ? Please tell me if I cna apply fo rit

3rd September 2011, 01:35 PM
Tulasinagababu

Default Re: Can I apply for XAT after pursuing B.Tech?

Yes You apply for XAT after pursuing B.Tech...the eligibility is completion of Graduation
3rd September 2011, 01:53 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananya.lovemyname View Post
i am pursuing b.tech,final year..can i apply for XAT ? Please tell me if I cna apply fo rit
XLRI Examination was conducted by Jamshedpur School of Management.

And To apply for this examination you need to complete your Graduation degree course , Final year Graduate candidates are also apply for this examination.

>> Xavier Admission Test is one of the National Level Admission test and examination was conducted by Xavier Labour Research Institute Jamshedpur.

Eligiblity Criteria -

>> Only Graduate candidates who have completed three years of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline recognized by a University or Deemed University are eligible to apply for This examination.

>> Final year Graduate candidates are also apply for this examination.

The selection are based on entrance test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview.

If you are Interested in XAT Examination, then please fill the XAT Application form Online. The examination was divided into 3 Sections -

>> Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning

>> Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation

>> Analytical Reasoning And Decision Making Ability.

So, If you want to get Complete Information about XAT Then please visit the XAT Official website -

http://www.xlri.ac.in
3rd September 2011, 02:45 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Eminent management schools in India admit students on the basis of XAT entrance exam. The format of the entrance test changes from year to year, which makes it one of the toughest entrance exams to crack in India. Xavier Labour Research Institute has regulated many eligibility norms for the admission seekers.

Eligibility for XAT exam:-

***The candidates need to have passed graduation or its equivalent under 10+2+3 examination pattern from any recognized University or a Deemed University.

***The candidate can also appear in XAT exam during the final year of graduation..

As you have mentioned that you are in final year of your B.Tech course , then you are eligible to appear in XAT exam..
So, go for it..
All the best.
3rd September 2011, 03:49 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
yes..you can surely apply for XAT..infact,XAT gives preference to engineers while admission..you should have a decent percentage in 12th..
prepare well..
3rd September 2011, 04:58 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
yes you can apply for the XAT exam...............the minimum qualification required is only the recognized degree from any collage or university.The minimum aggregate requirement in terms of graduation score for XAT is 50% for general category and 45% for OBC/ST/SC/Physically Handicapped candidates.

Last date for receipt of completed XAT & XLRI application form: 05 December
3rd September 2011, 05:29 PM
devbj

Dear friend ,,

yes, of course u can apply for xat exams for addmission in xlri,, one of the best schools in our country.
but u have to prepare well before giving exam,,,,
so try to solve sample and previous year paper,,
try to analys the syllabus,,,will improve your efficiency to crack the exam.
>>>>>>>>>>>for eligibility syllabus and more updates refer the link:-
http://www.xlri.ac.in/
best luck!!!!
3rd September 2011, 09:44 PM
S-R-B

Yes,you can apply for XAT after pursuing B.Tech.

If you want to get Complete Information about XAT Then please visit the XAT Official website -

4th September 2011, 05:01 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Hello friend ........

Ya of course you can apply for the XAT entrance exam after completing your B.Tech degree.

XAT is the entrance exam conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur for getting in the admission in the MBA degree.
The primary colleges in which you can get the admission on the basis of the XAT score are:
1)XLRI Jamshedpur
2)XISS , Ranchi
3) XIMB , Bhubaneswar

The eligibility criteria for applying to XAT is that the candidate should have completed the Bachelor degree from any discipline but from a recognized university .
Also the final year students can also apply for the XAT exam.

The admission is done on the basis of the XAT percentile and the GD and Personal Interview.

So if you wish to apply for the XAT exam then you can apply it online from the official website:

For any other info you may visit the official website of the XLRI .

Hope this has cleared your doubts.

So best of luck .

Regards
~PRAVIR~
23rd April 2012, 06:52 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

XLRI Examination was conducted by Jamshedpur School of Management.

And To apply for this examination you need to complete your Graduation degree course , Final year Graduate candidates are also apply for this examination.

>> Xavier Admission Test is one of the National Level Admission test and examination was conducted by Xavier Labour Research Institute Jamshedpur.

Eligiblity Criteria -

>> Only Graduate candidates who have completed three years of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline recognized by a University or Deemed University are eligible to apply for This examination.

>> Final year Graduate candidates are also apply for this examination.

The selection are based on entrance test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview.

If you are Interested in XAT Examination, then please fill the XAT Application form Online. The examination was divided into 3 Sections -

>> Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning

>> Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation

>> Analytical Reasoning And Decision Making Ability.

So, If you want to get Complete Information about XAT Then please visit the XAT Official website -

30th June 2013, 12:30 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes you are eligible to apply for XAT Exam.

Xavier Aptitude Test is an All Indian Entrance Test which is conducted by the Xavier Association of Management Institutes. For pursuing MBA and other management programmes you can give this exam. It is very popular just like CAT or MAT.

With the XAT score you can apply in a host of B-Schools in our country and this exam which is basically a paper based test comprises of both objective type questions and subjective questions.

This year the exam took place in the month of January and the result also came out in the same month. The notifications for this exam was published in the month of August.

To apply for XAT exam you need to be a graduate first. The bachelor's degree can be attained in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

The minimum percentage to acquire at graduation level have not been mentioned and as mentioned earlier even final year candidates can also apply for this examination.

For the exam questions will come from the following sections:-
  • Decision Making
  • Verbal and Logical Ability
  • Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
You will get 180 mins to complete the whole paper and in the aptitude section for every question you will also get 5 options for each question. There is negative marking too so for every wrong answer 1/4th marks will get deducted.

Top XAT Books To Follow:-
  • Jabbling the XAT Xavier Aptitude Test: An Accumulation of 8 Solved Paper (2013 - 2006) & 5 Mock Papers by R.K.Jha
  • Target New XAT 2013: Past Papers + 5 Mock Papers (2005 - 2012) by Disha Publication
  • XAT Xavier Aptitude Test Solved Papers (2008 - 2012) by G.K. Publications (2012)
  • XAT Xavier Aptitude Test: Solved Papers (2008 - 2013) by Gautam Puri
  • Koncepts of Numbers for CAT, GMAT, XAT, CMAT and Other Aptitude Exams. (Paperback) by Gajendra Kumar
  • SNAP / IIFT / XAT / TISS / CMAT / NMAT / IRMA / MAT Managements Entrance Tests: MBA Solved Papers (Paperback) by Gautam Puri
Hope this helps :-> :->
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?