19th May 2020, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

Can I become an Air Hostess having failed in 12th Board exams?

I have failed in 12th Board exams but I have all qualities to became an Air Hostess. So, can I apply for Cabin Crew and join International Flights? What kind to training do I need to take for Air Hostess?

20th May 2020, 01:14 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an Air Hostess having failed in 12th Board exams?

••• To work as an Air Hostess, the minimum eligibility criteria is 10+2 passed in any stream with English subject.

•••• Airlines usually prefer graduates ORdiploma holders. Graduate possessing degree or diploma related to the fields like hospitality, travel and tourism management, Aviation and aviation management are preferred by Airlines!

Hence, you are not eligible for cabin crew if you have failed in 12th.
••• Appear in 12th again and then join Course.
20th May 2020, 03:33 PM
stutiswet2

If you have completed 12th Board exams, then you can apply for Air Hostess post. To apply for Air Hostess post, you should have cleared all your subjects, then only you can apply for this post. If you are having backlogs or compartment exams pending, then you won't be able to apply for Air Hostess post.
You will have to apply yourself for Air Hostess Training institutes. There, you will get training for Air Hostess.
Meanwhile, you should possess following requirements for becoming Air Hostess.
  1. Height of at least 157.5 cms
  2. Unmarried
  3. Eyesight of 6/6 with uncorrected vision in each eye
  4. Fluency in English, Hindi
  5. Age should be below 25 years
  6. Indian Passport
20th May 2020, 04:09 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

---It is not possible for you to become an Air hostess without completion of 12th standard.
To work as an Air Hostess, the candidate should have pased 10 + 2 in any stream with English as a compulsory subject.

---Candidate must be between 17 - 25 years of age.
Air Hostess Training courses:

--- B.Sc. air hostess training

--- Bachelor of Science in Aviation

--- Bachelor of travel and tourism management

---Degree in international airline and travel management
20th May 2020, 05:42 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Arrow Re: Can I become an Air Hostess having failed in 12th Board exams?

No, Minimum qualification required to apply for Air Hostess is 10+2, but graduation is preferred. .

If you want to get admission in any institute to become airhostess, the minimum qualification required to apply is 10+2 as well as graduation degree from government recognized institute with minimum 55% marks obtained.
20th May 2020, 08:57 PM
Yuktaba Gohil

No, Minimum qualification required to apply for Air Hostess is 12th. Age limitation is that you should be below 25 years and unmarried. After passing your 12th exam, you can apply for cabin crew. Once you will get selected, the training sessions will be conducted by the respected authorities.
21st May 2020, 02:34 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

AIR Hostess/ Cabin crew course eligibility criteria:-

> Minimum qualification requirements: 10+2.
> Minimum Marks requirement: 45% to 50%.
> Age requirement: 17 to 26.

So, you are not eligible.
21st May 2020, 12:57 PM
Padmashree K S

To apply for Air Hostess the minimum eligibility criteria is passing 10+2 exam. First it is better to retake the exam and clear. Then you can apply for this job. The other criteria for this job is any degree with diploma in Hotel Management or if you have not done any degree atleast you must have cleared the 12th board exam. The age limit is 25 years and minimum height 155.7 cm.
22nd May 2020, 02:57 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

You cannot apply for the post of a Cabin Crew in any of the Airlines. Because you do not match the eligibility criteria of the airlines.

The minimum eligibility criteria to apply for the job of a cabin crew is 12th in any stream. You must complete your 12th and then apply for the job.
22nd May 2020, 04:20 PM
Arpitdongre

Yes, because the candidate should clear their 12th class otherwise you are stopped in the training session until you clear your 12th class and after clearing 12th class you'll continue your training session.
3rd January 2022, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

I did three years diploma without year back, but i have backlogs, can I get job in air hostess after air hostess training did
22nd April 2023, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlrana View Post
You cannot apply for the post of a Cabin Crew in any of the Airlines. Because you do not match the eligibility criteria of the airlines.

The minimum eligibility criteria to apply for the job of a cabin crew is 12th in any stream. You must complete your 12th and then apply for the job.
If a student is fail in 12th can she give for 12th reexam and clear her 12th after that she can be Aur hostess ?
29th May 2023, 02:09 PM
eduking

You have to pass class 12th for getting enrolled in an air hostess training program. Most of the training courses require you to have a class 12th with English as one of the subjects from a recognized board of education. There is no other way to get into this field. You must have excellent communication skills with height and a pleasing personality.

To become an Air Hostess you must have English-speaking skills as well as a good-looking personality. This field is not suitable for people who don't have excellent communication skills.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?