5th January 2012, 08:36 PM
sweet heart jaya

Can I become a Pilot after passing BSc computer science?

as am studing in bsc computer science can i become a pilot? is it possible?

Related Questions:
  1. How to become a Pilot after doing 3rd year BSc computer science? Is it possible to join Pilot course after my BSc'
  2. Can i become a Ship Pilot after passing as BSc with computer science
  3. How to become a Pilot after passing B.Tech 2nd year in computer science
  4. How to be a fighter pilot after passing 9th in computer science subject? What is the procedure to become fighter pilot in Pak Air Force? What are the rules and fees?
  5. Can I get a seat in BSc computer science after passing 12th computer science?
  6. Cutoff marks and the fee structure of the Kochi Law school
  7. How to become a Pilot after passing vocational in computer science
  8. Courses which I can do after qualifying HS exam from CBSE with 85.6% in science stream and 9/100 in CS? Future prospects in BSc computer science honors?
  9. Eligiblity to pursue B.Sc in Computer Science for 12th PCB student? List of colleges with placement facility in Lucknow? How B.Sc(Computer Science) is differ from B.Sc(IT)?
  10. Can I become a Pilot after completing BSc computer science with Maths and Physics?
  11. How can I do Ph.D in Dravidian university? I've completed msw M.Phil
  12. How to become a Pilot after doing computer science engineering?
  13. What to do after bsc in computer science? MSc or MCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. When and how can I obtain NEET form?
  15. How to become a Pilot after passing 12th science?
  16. Am I eligible to become a Pilot after completing Diploma in Computer Science & Engineering? List of institutes which offer Pilot Training program? -- [New]
  17. Can I do BSc computer science after passing 12th science with B Group?
  18. Which is the best course after passing 12th computer science
13th March 2012, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I become a Pilot after passing BSc computer science?

After B.Sc.(Physics) can I study of pilot?
12th April 2012, 01:31 AM
Unregistered

can i get job of pilot in indian navy after bsc computer science?
21st May 2012, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

im doing b.sc cs , can i become a pilot....
12th August 2012, 10:39 PM
samatha89
Member+

There are certain attributes to be a Pilot. First of all, one should not be afraid of heights and should have a passion to fly those machines. One should posses a good coordination of mind and limbs. The ability to remain calm under any circumstance and apply theoretical knowledge into practice while flying is very important. A Pilot has to be quick thinker as he is the one who is responsible for the lives of many. One should have patience, commitment, responsibility and self-confidence. A lot of hard work, stamina, adaptability to follow difficult time schedules, good team spirit, etc., are also required in an aspirant. Most importantly, one must have emotional stability in crisis situations.

The job of a Pilot/Co-Pilot is very challenging as well as rewarding. There are three licences, which you have to acquire to become a pilot - Student’s Pilot Licence (SPL), Private Pilot Licence (PPL) or the Hobby Licence and Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL).

The Student’s Pilot Licence is the first stage of training. SPLs are issued by 23 flying clubs in India. You have to clear an objective written examination, which tests basic mathematics knowledge of the aircraft, engines and aerodynamics. The test is worth hundred marks and the students have to score at least 75 to pass the SPL examination. A manual providing sample questions and answers to give an idea about the nature of the questions expected in the examinations is issued by the flying clubs. The SPL examination is held every month all over India by the flying clubs. In addition, the Director-General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) conducts an examination and issues licence for Assistant Flight Radio Telephone Operators (AFR-TO). There is no age limit to acquire an SPL.

The second stage, the Private Pilot License (PPL), comprises 60 hours of flying (40 hours with flying instructor & 20 hours solo) after rigorous training under the flying instructor. Along with flying (practical) training, you also have to complete a theory curriculum and clear a written examination. This examination tests the student’s knowledge about aircraft engines, air navigation, aviation meteorology and seamanship. This examination is conducted by the DGCA. This course generally takes two years to complete and makes you eligible for the PPL. Depending upon the availability of a flying instructor and the weather conditions, the period of training may vary.

For the third stage, the Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL), a minimum of 250 hours of flying (including 60 hours of PPL) is necessary. To get a CPL, you need to have the experience of 200 hours of solo flying. In addition, you have to clear a written examination consisting of subjects like Air Regulations, Aviation Meteorology, Air Navigation, Technical Planning and Communications in Radio and Wireless Transmission. Further, you have to undergo a medical fitness test conducted by a team of doctors approved by the DGCA and the Central Medical Establishment (CME) of the Air Force Unit. The average period of training for commercial pilot is one year.

Eligibility To become a Pilot/ Co-Pilot - one should have the licence of SPL for which matriculation and 16 years of age is prescribed for appearing for the test. To get a CPL, one should have passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics and must be between the age of 18-30 years. The minimum height should be 5 feet and eyesight 6/6. Remuneration Sky is the limit for hard working people in Aviation. A trainee Pilot or Co-Pilot can get a starting salary of about Rs. 60,000 – 70,000. In about 2-3 years, after flying 2,000-3,000 hours, one can become a Flight Commander. A senior commander gets a salary of Rs. 4 lakh – Rs. 5 lakh per month. The training of a Pilot abroad can cost Rs. 15 – 20 lakh but this amount can be recovered in a few years as the salary is very high for Pilots. A Pilot can earn more depending on the experience, company and the kind of planes they fly. The Expatriate Pilots can get a handsome amount between $9,500 to $ 11,000 (for new wide-bodied aircrafts).

Where to study Pilot/co-pilot

● American Flyers (India) Pvt. Ltd., 37 Virwani Industrial Estate, Western Express Highway, Goregaon, Mumbai-400063 (Maharashtra)

● Amritsar Aviation Club, P.O. Rajasansi, Amritsar Aerodrome, Amritsar (Punjab)

● Asiatic International Aviation Corp., “Asiaticair” # 108, Ambikapuri Extn, Airport Road, Indore-452005 (M.P.)

● Assam Flying Institute, Guwahati Airport, Guwahati-781007 (Assam)

● Bihar Flying Institute, Civil Aerodrome, Patna (Bihar)

● Bombay Flying Club, Juhu Aerodrome, Santacruz (West), Mumbai-400009 (Maharashtra)

● Carg Aviations Limited, Hangar No.3, Civil Aerodrome, Kanpur (U.P.)

● Delhi Flying Club Ltd., Safdarjung Airport, New Delhi-110003 ● Flying Club, Civil Aerodrome, Indore (M.P.)

● Government Aviation Training Institute, Civil Aerodrome, Bhubaneswar (Orissa)

● Govt. Flying Club, Aerodrome, Faizabad (U.P.)

● Gujarat flying Club, Civil Aerodrome, Hasni Road, Vadodara-390006 (Gujarat)

● Hissar Aviation Club, Textile Road, Sirsa Bypass, Hissar (Haryana)

● Karnal Aviation Club, Kunjpura Road, Karnal, Haryana

● Ludhiana Aviation Club, Civil Aerodrome, P.O. Sahnewal, Ludhiana (Punjab)

● M.P. Flying Club, Bhopal Civil Aerodrome, Bhopal (M.P.)

● Nagpur Flying Club, Sonegaon Aerodrome, Nagpur (Maharashtra)

● Northern India Flying School, Jalandhar Cantt- 144005, Punjab

● Patiala Aviation Club, Patiala-147001 Punjab

● Rajasthan State Flying School, Sanganer Airport, Jaipur (Rajasthan)

● Tata Nagar Aviation Private Limited, 2 North East Circuit House Area, Jamshedpur-831001 (Jharkhand)
17th June 2020, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

Now i am in the SY of BSc computer science from where do i start to become a pilot after my BSc is done.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?