23rd April 2013, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

Can I choose civil engineering if I am interested in Maths?

I am interested in maths but hate science and economics then can in choose civil engineering as my career?

23rd April 2015, 04:41 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I choose civil engineering if I am interested in Maths?

Yes you can choose civil engineering if you are interested in Mathematics .

But i will advice you not go to for the same since you are not interested in the Science as the course of B.tech is more often relies on the Physics or Chemistry together with Mathematics .

You are not only required to be good in your Science in your engineering course but its necessity starts from your 12th only as you are required to have physics , chemistry and mathematics as your main subjects in your 12th for eligibility in engineering course .

So you should go for other options instead of going for this course being a hater of science as there are many job oriented options in other streams too .
23rd April 2015, 05:18 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Since you are not interested in Science so I will not suggest you to with civil engineering or any of the stream in engineering .

As it is very much essential for the students to have better knowledge of science and mathematics too if they want to do better in their future .

There are also many more options other than the engineering in which you can go .You have better opportunity in CA , and other streams of graduation in completing your graduation after that they are many open doors available either for the jobs or higher studies .
24th April 2015, 05:03 PM
divyavuda

You are not only required to be good in your Science in your engineering course but its necessity starts from your 12th only as you are required to have physics , chemistry and mathematics as your main subjects in your 12th for eligibility in engineering course .
25th April 2015, 01:39 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am interested in maths but hate science and economics then can in choose civil engineering as my career?
Yes, of course...

That is a good choice. Civil engineering mains deals with subjects related to buildings blocks, soil, survey etc. There are good opportunities available for civil engineers as well.

However, during your first year of engineering, you need to clear few basic science subjects like engineering physics, engineering chemistry, engineering graphics, etc.,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?