2nd September 2012, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

Is maths is the best optional to choose for IAS exam?

sir, i have taken mpc group in inter.now i have taken cse branch in b.tech.iam very interested in doing maths. ithink it would take more time to do all questions in given time.iam also interested in social subjects but i cant read them too long.so please suggest me best optionals to score maximum.

3rd September 2012, 06:40 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Is maths is the best optional to choose for IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir, i have taken mpc group in inter.now i have taken cse branch in b.tech.iam very interested in doing maths. ithink it would take more time to do all questions in given time.iam also interested in social subjects but i cant read them too long.so please suggest me best optionals to score maximum.
As per my suggestion if you are comfortable with maths subject then it would be better to go with that only. But its a suggestion for you before taking any subject it would be better if you go through its syllabus. If the syllabus of the particular subject is to your limit then go ahead with that subject.

As you are interested in taking maths so let me tell you you have to prepare your self in some of the topics mentioned below:

> Linear Algebra
> Calculus
> Analytic Geometry
> Ordinary Differential Equations
> Dynamics, Statics and Hydrostatics
> Vector Analysis
> Partial differential equations

So I have mentioned only few topics here like that you can assess yourself the syllabus and see how much you know all about these topics.
12th November 2012, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is maths is the best optional to choose for IAS exam?

which is the best group in intermediate to become an IAS
14th February 2013, 05:05 PM
shilpanaidu 123
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is maths is the best optional to choose for IAS exam?

As per my suggestion if you are comfortable with maths subject then it would be better to go with that only. But its a suggestion for you before taking any subject it would be better if you go through its syllabus. If the syllabus of the particular subject is to your limit then go ahead with that subject.

As you are interested in taking maths so let me tell you you have to prepare your self in some of the topics mentioned below:

> Linear Algebra
> Calculus
> Analytic Geometry
> Ordinary Differential Equations
> Dynamics, Statics and Hydrostatics
> Vector Analysis
> Partial differential equations

So I have mentioned only few topics here like that you can assess yourself the syllabus and see how much you know all about these topics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?